Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Should I rent the apartment with bad reviews of property manager?

7 posts in this topic

Recently I got an offer from an apartment in the city center. The apartment looks nice (despite some small defects on the floor). However, when I searched the property manager online, I found it has very bad reviews:

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&sxsrf=AOaemvJJtsdsT1wrdI9bK3nlp094CUc7Kg:1637515506326&q=Imoba+Immobilien+Service+GmbH+%26+Co+kg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjl7MXQ_Kn0AhVEgv0HHUCPC90Q1QJ6BAgTEAE&biw=1920&bih=937&dpr=1#lrd=0x4795b41f84ce116f:0xa8e6cf33ccefc305,1,,,

Some people say the property manager responds very slowly to broken items in the apartment, and they also do not want to return your deposit for half a year.

Considering the reviews here, should I rent this apartment, or should I spend more time to find another? Thanks a lot in advance!

Join the Mieterverein, tenants society, now, in case you need help later, membership does not cost much.

Try to talk to neighbours in the block who rent from the same company. Do flats there often come vacant? That could be a bad sign.

21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What city center are you talking about? 

The city center of Saarbruecken. The company is called "IMOBA Immobilienverwaltung Baubetreuung GmbH".

1 hour ago, Fietsrad said:

Join the Mieterverein, tenants society, now, in case you need help later, membership does not cost much.

Try to talk to neighbours in the block who rent from the same company. Do flats there often come vacant? That could be a bad sign.

I am thinking about whether I should rent this apartment... If I rent I definitely will join the Mieterverein.

How can I talk to neighbors if I do not know them... Just knock at their door and ask?

1 hour ago, Fietsrad said:

Today I saw the advertisement which was posted several months ago by that company was re-posted today. Is that a bad sign?