Germany to legalize recreational cannabis use

34 posts in this topic

Out of my comfort zone, again. So where do you get the plants? Surely i do not have to go out and buy bird seed to get going?

Growing it is not too hard. I'm hoping they allow small numbers of plants to be grown at home. They are nice looking plants. I happen to like the smell. I especially like the autoflowering ones as they stay small and can makes buds year-round. I am only interested in CBD - have no need for THC. It's a nice plant hobby. 

On 11/19/2021, 8:42:45, fraufruit said:

hope the new law passes and I hope that edibles are available.

the tax money is irresistible.

9 minutes ago, catjones said:

the tax money is irresistible.

It has been resisted for many, many years. Also in many redneck states in the U.S.

I guess the new government sees the advantages.

4 hours ago, optimista said:

Can you do cuttings ?

Most of the smaller autoflowering ones do not grow well from cuttings. The larger seasonal flowering ones can be propagated/cloned I think by cuttings.

Back in the day, we grew it from seeds that came with it. Double album covers were involved. You had to remove the seeds or they would pop all over you.

These days - no seeds. Especially the legal stuff.

I managed to buy 1kg of hemp cbd buds on ebay from a legal producer in Germany years ago for really cheap, but I can't seem to find the seller anymore. I have a lot of seeds - but didn't consider growing them as it is still illegal to grow your own (even if just hemp!).

Now people sell the hemp cbd buds in a few grams for $$$. Ridiculous.

I just want to grow it again myself as with just olive oil one can make an extract and do everything at home. 

So I will wait.. but hope they let individuals grow.  

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

Back in the day, we grew it from seeds that came with it. Double album covers were involved. You had to remove the seeds or they would pop all over you.

These days - no seeds. Especially the legal stuff.

Agreed. Double album covers were vital in our research for a self-stabilsing turnip.

Led Zep's The Song Remains the Same was our #1 choice of double album cover. It was solid (almost strengthened cardboard) so we ordered 50 copies. The problem of course was that whilst the double album cover could stabilise the turnip (with a big elastic band around ) into a "V" shape, it wasn't appropriate aesthetically to simply drop onto a Carmen Miranda fruit market.

The other problem of course was that we all had to listen to 26mins of Dazed and Confused 50 times a day.

I genuinely feel our research is moving in the right direction and it won't be long until you're proud to wear a self-stabilising turnip on your head. With or without fruit.

Trust me.

48 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

One of my fav albums of all time. Not my fav song, though.

Sure! But I've just sat through 28mins and it is quite epic. Jimmy's on top form!

Imagine the convo:

Jimmy: "Look guys we've this 6min song that I don't think is working live. Any chance I could break it up at 3mins and stick in a 20min guitar solo?"

Rest of the band: "Yeh! Sounds great!"

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

One of my fav albums of all time. Not my fav song, though.

I can hear it calling me the way it used to do... ;) 

As sad as it sounds, my first thought on reading this is to head over to Peter Hitchens Twitter feed to see if he's gone in to one of his mega-sanctimonious the end is nigh sermons about this.