Germany to legalize recreational cannabis use

34 posts in this topic

According to Spiegel Online, the parties of the likely new coalition government have agreed on the "controlled sale of cannabis to adults for recreational purposes by licensed businesses" - as stated in a joint paper (heh heh) by the Health and Care coalition working group.

I've been in Germany for over 30 years and never thought I'd see the day. I guess there's some life in the old body parliament after all. It's probably too much to hope that some Spätis get licensed, so you can get good ganja 24/7, but there's always the Apothekennotdienst, right?

What?  Against the law to use tobacco for joints or in general?  Just target tobacco why restrict only joint smokers?

In Holland- where the indoor tobacco ban is much stronger than Germany - many places will not let you light up a joint inside the coffee shop if it has been made with tobacoo.  Leads to a strange situation where, in many places, you cannot smoke weed on the streets,

20 minutes ago, bennetn said:

What?  Against the law to use tobacco for joints or in general?  Just target tobacco why restrict only joint smokers?

In Holland- where the indoor tobacco ban is much stronger than Germany - many places will not let you light up a joint inside the coffee shop if it has been made with tobacoo.  Leads to a strange situation where, in many places, you cannot smoke weed on the streets,

joke.png.09d5d1a1a827bfb20f38f9cf486659d

Sorry, my Paint skills are rusty

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

joke.png.09d5d1a1a827bfb20f38f9cf486659d

Sorry, my Paint skills are rusty

Oh aye, that fabled German humour.

She's not German.

But yeah, that was so gross to me when I first saw people rolling joints over here, mixed with tobacco!

I have mixed feelings about this. I am a liberal and I believe in "my body, my choice", this includes the right to consume whatever shit one wants, including the heaviest of drugs. 

On the other hand, as a non-smoker I see that after we finally won the right to breathe tobacco-free air, another fight is beginning: to breathe marijuana-free air (this smell is much more disgusting to me). 

The Netherlands has a pretty reasonable policy and people with manners.

Depends on whether harm vs smell are equated the same I suppose.  

I'm not sure the smell of weed would be anymore ubiquitous than it already is if it was legalised anyway.

46 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I am a liberal and I believe in "my body, my choice"

Ha ha ha. I don't think so my friend. You're definitely not in that camp for everything.

50 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Ha ha ha. I don't think so my friend. You're definitely not in that camp for everything.

Oh no he very much is, just not 'your body your choice', see the difference?

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

But they should make it against the law to mix it with tobacco before rolling. 

After many years of smoking, I finally quit (hypnosis) and was happy without it.

Then I went to Amsterdam and bought a joint which I thought was totally weed.

That one joint kicked off a craving for tobacco and I had to quit once again.

Tobacco is an addiction....weed, I can take it or leave it.

Can you smoke cannabis without tobacco, maybe with straw?

Where does this un-deed (repealing legislation) stand on the list of priorities for the new government?

12 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Can you smoke cannabis without tobacco, maybe with straw?

Straw? Those are illegal now. :lol:

I have smoked a lot of pot but never mixed with tobacco.

I hope the new law passes and I hope that edibles are available. I wouldn't mind chucking out my chemical sleeping tablets.

Green tea, sage, mint, chamomile and other dried leaves can be used a substitute.  I always smoked wtih tobacco but as I don't smoke tobacco anymore I'd rather just go pure.

Problem is everyone wants to grow/sell the strongest weed possible which doesn't always end well with pure joints. I'm probably more in tune with edibles these days, cleaner and more health benefits.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The Netherlands has a pretty reasonable policy and people with manners.

People with manners? I lived in Amsterdam when the ban was instituted. Oh, how they whinged and complained and resisted. It was not an easy process.

38 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Green tea, sage, mint, chamomile and other dried leaves can be used a substitute.  I always smoked wtih tobacco but as I don't smoke tobacco anymore I'd rather just go pure.

Problem is everyone wants to grow/sell the strongest weed possible which doesn't always end well with pure joints. I'm probably more in tune with edibles these days, cleaner and more health benefits.

Do you not think I've tried all of that stuff and melatonin and CBD oil, etc. etc.? Please.

You only need one toke off a pure joint - or at least for me. Then put it out. Better, use a little pipe. Who smokes a whole joint by themselves?

"Oh, this pot is so good that I need to cut it with tobacco" said no one ever. 

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yes, except you. You must go to jail for terrorism.

Smoke weed = yes.

Antivax = jail.

Simple as it is.

19 hours ago, Jonny said:

He´s got you there Yorkeau.

22 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Straw? Those are illegal now. :lol:

I have smoked a lot of pot but never mixed with tobacco.

I hope the new law passes and I hope that edibles are available. I wouldn't mind chucking out my chemical sleeping tablets.

Just make your own at home. Its not hard. Or better yet make your own canibus tincture. Works wonders