Megan = Marmite?

18 posts in this topic

Who knows her well enough to say?

What seems to be happening is a very noticeable lack of understanding about how the royal family works and what is accepted protocol. What comes across is someone that believes they have hit the big time and are milking it for all its worth. e.g. Oprah, phoning politicians, deciding what roles are and are not acceptable. book deals, interview deals, TV deals etc.

Megan left the royal family. She can do whatever the F she wants.

Oh, and I hate Marmite as I stated in one of the other Marmite threads.

I don't think I understand this thread. Why are we talking about a person being like marmite? For god's sake, this metaphor only holds up if Marmite is permanently marketed to a customer base of one person and that person is the only person allowed to eat it.

Oh, and walking away from the royals and not getting any of the benefits of being a royal (e.g., security, payments for doing nothing, protection from child rape charges by your mum) means you don't have to GAGGDF about what the royals are or are not supposed to do. Chica was famous before she met Harry and she is still famous.

6 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

I don't think I understand this thread.

Every time I hear the term I think “marmite, termite, 😱 what are they eating?”.  😂

9 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Oh, and walking away from the royals and not getting any of the benefits of being a royal (e.g., security, payments for doing nothing, protection from child rape charges by your mum) means you don't have to GAGGDF about what the royals are or are not supposed to do. Chica was famous before she met Harry and she is still famous.

That shows a misunderstanding of what the Royals do, they don' do nothing, they do a lot and they don't retire into the sunset. How many charities have they not only set up but also head? How many official engagements do you think they do on behalf of HM Gov't and how many trade fairs and foreign visits do they do on behalf of GB PLC?

'Chica' may have been famous on day time TV but outside the US I doubt very many people had actually heard of her.

1 minute ago, French bean said:

Marmite - you either like it or hate it so the advertising goes.

🙏 👍  So does Megan refer to Meghan, of “Suits” fame, or do we continue to be separated by a common language?

2 minutes ago, French bean said:

That shows a misunderstanding of what the Royals do, they don' do nothing, they do a lot and they don't retire into the sunset. How many charities have they not only set up but also head? How many official engagements do you think they do on behalf of HM Gov't and how many trade fairs and foreign visits do they do on behalf of GB PLC?

'Chica' may have been famous on day time TV but outside the US I doubt very many people had actually heard of her.

Best Funny Eye Roll Animated GIFs in 2021

3 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

🙏 👍  So does Megan refer to Meghan, of “Suits” fame, or do we continue to be separated by a common language?

It does but the proper spelling is without an 'h' the name originates in Wales I think.

Oh I forgot, when you walk away from the Firm as they are known and moan about receiving nothing, forgetting about the money that Charles was subbing them at the start, you shouldn't then start using aristocratic titles to try and gain favour.

4 minutes ago, French bean said:

That shows a misunderstanding of what the Royals do, they don' do nothing

Of course not!  Randy Andy is terribly busy.   😂😂😂  Give us a break.

26 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Of course not!  Randy Andy is terribly busy.   😂😂😂  Give us a break.

Some people should maybe just keep their heads down and move on...the jokes will get harsher - and will still be fact-based.

Is this thread about Meghan and Marmite being something you either love or hate?  I like Marmite, do not love it though.  I am the only one in the house who likes it so the small bottle takes ages to finish.  I eat it in "seasons", suddenly I feel I want to eat it, then I eat it everyday for about a week and forget about it for some months.   I am probably going to eat it on the weekend thanks to this thread.

P.S. Big fan of Suits, not a fan of Meghan or her character.  Not a fan at all of the Royals.

P.P.S., Donna Paulsen (L) 

If I've ever tasted marmite, I've forgotten already.  As for Meghan or Megan, I don't see why anybody has an obligation to love their inlaws.  If your inlaws are causing you grief and your spouse supports you getting a bit of distance between you, why the hell not.

@More tea, Vicar? Could you please verify if Krieg is right about what this thread is about? I've tried Marmite and thought it tasted like something a bit off.  Liked Vegemite better.  I've never heard of "Suits" or Meghan Markle before the engagement to Harry. Slightly confused Swede here.

I love marmite on  toast. Tasty :wub:

As for Megan, can't really say. I never judge a person until I know them really well and have met them in person. Never met her, so I couldn't say.

Leave Marmite on the shelf. It's safer that way.

If you really want to polarise your taste buds, try Gentleman's Relish:

Salt with Anchovy flavour.

Who Megan?

:unsure: