My landlord(a real estate company) rejected my proposal to rent my apartment to a Syrien migrant. Is it legal?

46 posts in this topic

@klingklang77 Sorry to hear about your terrible experience with the landlord. I didn’t know they are able to do such things. Actually I didn’t know a lot of things about renting in Germany before reading all your replies and doing some online research myself. I may be presumptuous at the first place. 
 

I will wait for him to get einen Bürgen ( @jeba thanks for the correction, I am always struggling with the grammar) and meanwhile I’ll start looking for new candidates.

 

Thanks a million everyone for your precious advices. Happy holidays:D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, InfiniteJest said:

I will wait for him to get einen Bürgen ( @jeba thanks for the correction, I am always struggling with the grammar)

It´s not a mere grammar problem - it changes the meaning from citizen to warrantor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I have had great experiences with the Mietverehin and so please join ASAP.

About your specific case, AFAIK you have to find him three tenants who are willing to take the place. If he is not happy with those three your obligation is over.

One way of doing this is to advertise on https://www.wg-gesucht.de/ and you should get a lot of interested applicants, certainly more than three. Then you take the offers and send them to the real estate agency.,

At the same time, join the Mietverehin and they ll send a letter.

Usually, the problem will be resolved.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, solomongrundy said:

Hello,

 

I have had great experiences with the Mietverehin and so please join ASAP.

About your specific case, AFAIK you have to find him three tenants who are willing to take the place. If he is not happy with those three your obligation is over.

One way of doing this is to advertise on https://www.wg-gesucht.de/ and you should get a lot of interested applicants, certainly more than three. Then you take the offers and send them to the real estate agency.,

At the same time, join the Mietverehin and they ll send a letter.

Usually, the problem will be resolved.

 

 


The “three interested tenants law“ is a myth.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a myth about suggesting Nachmieter, not law or compulsory, but it can be very good for both parties. I used it twice, not in Germany, took over a dwelling from a colleague, passed on another dwelling to another colleague.

 

Depends a bit if it is a buyers market or sellers market I guess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

It is a myth about suggesting Nachmieter, not law or compulsory, but it can be very good for both parties. I used it twice, not in Germany, took over a dwelling from a colleague, passed on another dwelling to another colleague.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now