Early medical treatment when Covid-19 is diagnosed

156 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

" John P. Moore, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medical College, told Newsweek: "Almost all vaccines work by preventing symptomatic or serious disease. Complete protection against infection is generally quite rare. "

That it´s rare doesn´t mean you can´t at least try to develop one which does.

I got vaxxed.  But I'll take other precautions if or when I get corona. The vaccines are not the be all and end all.

I'm also not scared of the unvaxxed. Why would I need you to wear a seatbelt to make mine work ?

As for 2G plus rules, the ultimate goal is to test to show you don't have corona. Why is a negative tested unvaxxed person different from a negative tested vaxxed person ? They both don't have corona.  So why discriminate ?

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I got vaxxed.  But I'll take other precautions if or when I get corona. The vaccines are not the be all and end all.

We need herd immunity. Either by infection or vaccination. I prefer to take my chances with vaccination. I wish everyone who does not want to get vaccinated will hurry the fuck up and get infected already. I want this shite to be over.

I'm also not scared of the unvaxxed.

You should be. In Bayern they are 14 times more likely to have corona:

619f40805090c_Screenshotfrom2021-11-2508

Source

Why would I need you to wear a seatbelt to make mine work ?

Because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. I can't believe we still have to keep explaining this to you.

As for 2G plus rules, the ultimate goal is to test to show you don't have corona. Why is a negative tested unvaxxed person different from a negative tested vaxxed person ? They both don't have corona.  So why discriminate ?

Because nothing is 100% effective. Neither testing nor vaccination. But each level adds on a layer of protection. At any moment in time, being both vaccinated and tested makes you less likely to be carrying the virus than being unvaccinated and tested.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Why is a negative tested unvaxxed person different from a negative tested vaxxed person ? They both don't have corona. 

Because a test shows you didn´t have Corona when you took the test,nothing more.

Because a vaxxed person can get and spread the virus but with a lot lower % chance of that happening.

2 hours ago, theGman said:

We need herd immunity. Either by infection or vaccination. I prefer to take my chances with vaccination.

Yep, this is the main point and it is going to happen. People either take their risk with the infection or the (perceived) risk (some people see) with the vaccination.

You make your choice and you take your chance.

People can also pump themselves full of whatever. It's like using a bit of string, a scarf or a long piece of string cheese as a seat belt. That doesn't stop mine from working and I am long past being concerned for people who do not want the vaccine and/or take the view their immune system will take care of it.

The number of people we know who are not vaccinated and have become infected has gone up quite a bit here in the last few weeks. I'd guess the restrictions helped keep them safe up until now but as people are getting about more they are more at risk. For anyone who will not get vaccinated to say the rest of us that are should live with restrictions to keep them safe, well, no. They can stay at home and live with their own restrictions.  

All we need is patience, the virus will get around to everyone at some point.

2 hours ago, theGman said:

We need herd immunity.

That´s probably a pie in the sky for many years to come. Immunity doesn´t seem to last for long enough and you´ll always have imports from other countries.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

That´s probably a pie in the sky for many years to come. Immunity doesn´t seem to last for long enough and you´ll always have imports from other countries.

That's probably true. But we still need to keep the hospitals from clogging up and try to transition into an endemic at least.

There are undiscussed but major effects of covid . From my town i have heard many people, 3 in my direct knowledge died within weeks after turning negative from corona. All the cases which I know are due to cardiac arrest. They dont get added to covid deaths due to technicalities. 

Now the unofficial procedure is to weekly monitor ddimer values even after turning covid negative. 

Can't really say whether vaccine prevents it, because all the three whom I know are long due for booster shots which are not even planned there.

Get your boosters, and use the known defenses. This shit is very unpredictable. 

On 25/11/2021, 11:44:06, jeba said:

Yes, we will need much better vaccines before we will see an end to this pandemic but in the mean time make use what we have.

The new variant has a name - Omicron.

I'll save my worry for when vaccinated people start dropping dead from it. From what I've heard, those who have it aren't very ill so far.

Dunno if it's good or bad in this case but " omicron " is small in Greek.

Here endeth the Greek lesson🤪...

😂

They have some lovely names in Greece, fraufruit! One friend of ours there is named Paraskevi- in English: Friday👍

( it comes from preparing for the Sabbath, Saturday). 

Mind you, too many are just boring Maria and Michalis et al! 

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Even when it is a name?

Maybe if the French insist on no more Greek names for Covid variants, the next biggie variant could be a Macron?🤨

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Maybe if the French insist on no more Greek names for Covid variants, the next biggie variant could be a Macron?🤨

Or if they use Italian it would be Macaroni.

On 25/11/2021, 08:34:10, Jonny said:

I got vaxxed. 

Coward.

So much for your billy big bollocks,not scared of Corona,going to get deliberately infected etc etc.

Let me guess the inconvenience of regular testing put an end to your "we´re doomed,vaxx is dangerous,big pharma conning us" etc bullshit.

The vaccines are not the be all and end all.

So now the protection of the vaccine is not enough,you need other measures if you actually catch it?

Funny enough just a mere few weeks ago you didn`t need vaccine,you were big and brave and not scared and said if you caught it you´d "be fine""just the flu"I´m young and healthy so no problem here".

I presume though as many people thought (not me though I just thought you were a shut in coward) you were vaccinated long ago but just like running your mouth off.

I'm also not scared of the unvaxxed. Why would I need you to wear a seatbelt to make mine work ?

That's awesome. Impressive that you did not get stuck with your opinion. 

Since it is proven that vaccination s reduce the chance of getting infected, it adds another layer of trustability around the rapid antigen tests which has a trustability  of 94% of PCR tests which is also not 100% with negative outcome. Meaning , vaccinated +negative rapid test has more statistical credibility. So that's a fair reason, IMHO

On 11/25/2021, 12:59:05, theGman said:

We need herd immunity. Either by infection or vaccination

My guess is that COVID will become the more deadly flu and, like the flu, it will continue to mutate to the point where 'herd immunity' is a moving target and never reached.  Annual flu and COVID vaccinations will be commonplace and medical facilities will have to gear up for the new normal as will treatments.  

4 hours ago, Keleth said:

Coward.

So much for your billy big bollocks,not scared of Corona,going to get deliberately infected etc etc.

So now the protection of the vaccine is not enough,you need other measures if you actually catch it?

I've never been scared of it.  I'm still not.  I complied eventually due to the authorities putting pressure on me. I still think keeping fit and healthy,  making sure I have high vitamin D levels and following the guidance of the FLCCC will keep me safer than becoming a customer of a certain pharmaceutical company. I'd still be around unvaxxed people without a problem unlike you.  But then you're a bit more vulnerable than me so I sympathise. I'll see how long I can manage without a booster.