Only in America

769 posts in this topic

On 11/03/2022, 08:40:28, MadAxeMurderer said:

So gay guys are just waiting to rape little boys,

Someone said this to me once at work when a presumably gay bloke walked past us so I just said to him "yer at least it leaves the little girls for just you to rape".

He went apoplectic and no matter how much I tried I could not get through to him that what I said about him was exactly the same as what he said about the gay bloke.

I have the attitude to the sexuality of I don´t give a fuck basically what turns someone on, I´m more interested in what sort of person they are. Not all gays are nice happy go lucky people some are right arseholes, basically just like the rest of us.

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks, john. I and others have not been able to post here for a day or two. When I search for it and then click on it, its says not available just like threads that have been removed. You are clearly more advanced than I.

I find usually that if that happens just find it on your activity feed and click into it from there works.

On 9.3.2022, 16:51:48, snowingagain said:

This is going to be unpopular.  But anyway.  I have no problems of picture books and such showing same sex parents, gender non conforming people.   But young children were being told they could be "born in the wrong body" for playing with the wrong toys or wearing wrong clothes.   Which I think is regressive, not to mention confusing.   Let them play.  And please, why are drag queens reading stories to young children progressive?  Drag queens (whether you love them or hate them) are about sex.  

On 9.3.2022, 18:12:49, john g. said:

This is an interesting opinion piece on drag queens in the US:

https://medium.com/i-was-a-teenage-bad-girl/drag-queens-arent-about-sex-987135fd9de5

On 9.3.2022, 18:29:52, john g. said:

I grew up in the UK, where there is a strong and popular tradition of pantomines, especially around Xmas time. Men are played by women and women by men. I used to love going to them when I was a kid.

Some  key elements:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime

Drag Queens are not about sex. What the hell? I also grew up in the UK and as a child went to pantomimes where men are played by women, and women by men. Absolutely non sexual! Just a pantomime. What is wrong with a man wanting to wear a dress or a skirt? Women wear trousers/pants! I also have loads of friends who were drag queens and I do not understand why people think this. Violence is much worse, why is this deemed to be ok but someone cross dressing is not? What the hell?

On 11.3.2022, 08:40:28, MadAxeMurderer said:

There's a general assumption that anybody with none "normal sexuality" is a dangerous, raving sex monster.

So gay guys are just waiting to rape little boys, drag queens are sex maniacs, and all lesbians are really into me.

Stupid, dangerous, delusional nonsense . Except for the last one.

This is so right in so many ways. I am kind of getting scared how society is going backwards again and intolerance is becoming rife!

Fear is dangerous.

5 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

And this has what to do about "Only in America"?

It was a miss post (?) but was referring back to an earlier post.  Will try and do better, with a quote from earlier post.  Main difficulty at the moment is no volume.

A friendly reminder that America springs forward today. Plan your zoom calls.

On 3/13/2022, 9:33:34, tor said:

I started watching the Players Championship an hour late yesterday.:)

Remembered today.

On 13/03/2022, 09:33:34, tor said:

A friendly reminder that I never know what time of day it is! Noblesse oblige!😂

PS: the nights included!

1 hour ago, tor said:

South Carolina approves death row executions by firing squad

I understand death row inmates can choose the method of death. Is it a form with boxes to cross with signature? Lethal injection, firing squad, electric chair, rope, guillotine, watching reruns of Bonanza leading to suicide.

10 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I understand death row inmates can choose the method of death. Is it a form with boxes to cross with signature? Lethal injection, firing squad, electric chair, rope, guillotine, watching reruns of Bonanza leading to suicide.

They have run out of drugs for lethal injection.   Firing squad is now the only alternative to electric chair, I think.   

On 19.3.2022, 17:26:35, snowingagain said:

They have run out of drugs for lethal injection.   Firing squad is now the only alternative to electric chair, I think.   

AFAIK they only run out of pentobarbital. I don´t understand why they don´simply use different drugs (or a combination of drugs) which would have the same effect. There are plenty which are routinely used, e.g. in anesthesia.

6 minutes ago, jeba said:

I don´t understand why they don´simply use different drugs (or a combination of drugs) which would have the same effect.

Usually because the alternative formulations are not approved for such use either by the local regulatory bodies or the drug companies themselves, and/or they can't find anyone willing to make the new formulations and/or administer them.

https://www.deseret.com/2014/7/25/20468863/states-use-of-execution-drugs-varies-widely

2 hours ago, pappnase said:

Usually because the alternative formulations are not approved for such use either by the local regulatory bodies or the drug companies themselves, and/or they can't find anyone willing to make the new formulations and/or administer them.

https://www.deseret.com/2014/7/25/20468863/states-use-of-execution-drugs-varies-widely

That doesn´t explain it. The regulatory bodies could simply approve alternative schemes, and you wouldn´t need new formulations anyway. The existing ones are fully sufficient, as attested to by every drug addict who dies from overdosing. I just don´t get it.