Only in America

981 posts in this topic

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63818778

Donald Trump's tax returns have been handed over to a committee of the US House of Representatives after the former president lost a long legal battle to keep them sealed.

The Treasury Department said it had complied with a Supreme Court order that the records should be given to a panel in the Democrat-controlled House.

It is not clear if the returns will be made public, or what they will reveal.

Mr Trump is yet to comment, but has previously denied any wrongdoing.

He declined to release the documents during his 2016 presidential run or subsequently - breaking a decades-old presidential custom.

Mr Trump recently announced a bid to run for the White House again in 2024, and has described the efforts to obtain his tax documents as politically motivated.

Homer Simpson in an old episode:

Marge: Just be patient Homie. Just seven more seconds until it's done.

Homer: Seven seconds! I can't wait that long!

23 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Job opening in NYC: Director of Rodent Mitigation ($120-170k).

It says: Rats will hate this job posting. Looking for leader of the “Rat Pack”

Must be able to whistle or at least play a flute.

Once again,

us_elections_be_like.jpg.db23cb1877bcd26

Historian's note: The time stamp on that tweet is the chef's kiss.

11 minutes ago, tor said:

this! red wave my ass!

More like a pink discharge

- from George Takei on Twitter

Transwomen on the podium again in US cycling this week.     And US rowing amended its 2023 categories to allow people to identify as they wish.  Just identify, nothing else..  With one peculiar exception.  Perhaps you can spot it.  I mean it would be bad if the team with half men, half women, lost to a team of half women, half transwomen.  Just soo unfair.  So those teams women means "female at birth".  Yay. 

rowing gender.JPG

33 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Transwomen on the podium again in US cycling this week.     And US rowing amended its 2023 categories to allow people to identify as they wish.  Just identify, nothing else..  With one peculiar exception.  Perhaps you can spot it.  I mean it would be bad if the team with half men, half women, lost to a team of half women, half transwomen.  Just soo unfair.  So those teams women means "female at birth".  Yay. 

rowing gender.JPG

Think I might identify as a 5 year-old, go to the school sports day, and win the egg and spoon race.

12 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Think I might identify as a 5 year-old, go to the school sports day, and win the egg and spoon race.

A lot of older men are identfying in to women's sports.  On amateur level in the UK.  Like 50 year old men playing on a team of 18 to 25 years olds.