Only in America

723 posts in this topic

I often think America should be named after this band:

Warning: It's a bop around the lounge kinda song.

1.jpg?token-time=1640908800&token-hash=-

By the way, is anyone else being denied access to this thread? I have to go all around Robin Hood's barn to reach it, starting two weeks ago or so.

3 hours ago, katheliz said:

By the way, is anyone else being denied access to this thread? I have to go all around Robin Hood's barn to reach it, starting two weeks ago or so.

Oh well done.  Perhaps you can try your magic on the other recently disappeared threads.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

Oh well done.  Perhaps you can try your magic on the other recently disappeared threads.

I don't know if it works on every thread. I just go into Latest Activity and continue scrolling down until I find an entry I can piggy-back on.
But I called up Toytown on a second screen just now, used search to find Only In America, and popped right into it.

So it's probably just a glitch. 

Good luck on getting into other 'curated' threads!

EDIT: Ah, on a second try with Search, got the same error message. My conclusion - if a thread is already open, it's accessible. So, perhaps, if you can get back into a disappeared thread and keep it active, people can get into it.

IT readers are welcome to step in and explain what's happening.

5 hours ago, katheliz said:

If you click on "Forum" at the top of the Home page scroll down to "Miscellaneous Themes" and click on "Internation affairs" this thread is always listed there, for me at least. No need to do a search.

As far as I can tell, the original Only in America thread was closed in the great reckoning. This one was started on Nov. 10 - only 4 pages. The search function takes me to the old, deleted thread sometimes and sometimes to this one.

More:

"Fox News loses bid to dismiss Dominion defamation lawsuit over election coverage"

WASHINGTON, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Fox News Network on Thursday lost its attempt to dismiss a $1.6 billion lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems Inc, a voting machine company that says Fox defamed it by amplifying conspiracy theories about its technology.

In a written ruling, Delaware court judge Eric Davis said Dominion had sufficiently alleged it was defamed by Fox News' 2020 election coverage and the case should proceed toward trial.

"At this stage, it is reasonably conceivable that Dominion has a claim for defamation per se," Davis said in his ruling. "Accordingly, Fox’s Motion should be denied."

“I opted to stay in the bathroom because I did not want to be around others on the flight,” the early childhood teacher said.

It was probably already too late and for "others on the flight" not to mention the inconvenience of someone blocking a toilet!

33 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I'm sure that the flight attendants approved. They are the ones in charge of passenger safety.

I saw this on the news earlier, and the flight attendant put an "out of service" sign on the door so no one would bother her.  There was no mention of what she did prior to landing.