Only in America

889 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, john g. said:

Innocent question: who reads the verdict? A member of the jury? And if so- how is this person chosen?

 

The court reporter read it but the judge could also have read it and I think in some cases the foreman or woman of the jury

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john g. said:

Come on Johnny!!👍

They both lose.

That was one seriously fucked up relationship and they both badly need help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2022, 23:19:31, Keleth said:

You give someone a gun to use in the course of their duties then you´re telling them and they´re accepting that they may get shot at and they may have to shoot someone.

Funny that many of them seem to readily accept the shooting someone part of it.

 

Try reading this...

 

Uvalde Police Didn’t Save Lives Because That’s Not What Police Do (theintercept.com)

"According to one Texas Department of Public Safety lieutenant interviewed by local news, some officers did run into the school — but only to grab their own children."

 

"According to the chilling firsthand account of a fourth grader in the room, cops told children to yell “if you need help”; when one little girl did, the gunman immediately shot her."

 

This is their training manual for an active shooter...

NY Times Posts Stunning Uvalde Police Active Shooter Manual (mediaite.com)

Bild

 

Bild

Bild

 

Now tell me again how there was no dereliction of duty here?

 

Why are those same police dressed like this...

Uvalde SWAT Team 2020 Facebook - Uvalde Police Department

 

Armed like that with body armour, does not sound unreasonable.

Armed with a pea shooter against a kid with an AK45 and body armour, makes sense to move in as a group.

 

They key issue, is as Biden raised the other day, is what the hell is a kid doing having access to an assault weapon that lets him fire hundred of rounds a minute.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61678983

 

How does America come to have more mass shootings in just this year, that the number of days which have passed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2022

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scook17 said:

Armed like that with body armour, does not sound unreasonable.

Armed with a pea shooter against a kid with an AK45 and body armour, makes sense to move in as a group.

 

This is how they were equipped on the day,no pea shooters here...

 

See the source image

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scook17 said:

They key issue, is as Biden raised the other day, is what the hell is a kid doing having access to an assault weapon that lets him fire hundred of rounds a minute.

Because they´re fucking mad?

10 hours ago, scook17 said:

How does America come to have more mass shootings in just this year, that the number of days which have passed?

They have a mental health problem, probably no worse than many other countries but there is no free and easy access to mental health care and combine that with the easiness of acquiring a gun then you have a shit storm.

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Keleth said:

Because they´re fucking mad?

They have a mental health problem, probably no worse than many other countries but there is no free and easy access to mental health care and combine that with the easiness of acquiring a gun then you have a shit storm.

 

 

 

On 3.6.2022, 12:26:16, Wulfrun said:

6299e1c000468_shootingliability.jpg.dcbc

 

 

On 3.6.2022, 13:17:41, scook17 said:

 

Armed like that with body armour, does not sound unreasonable.

Armed with a pea shooter against a kid with an AK45 and body armour, makes sense to move in as a group.

 

They key issue, is as Biden raised the other day, is what the hell is a kid doing having access to an assault weapon that lets him fire hundred of rounds a minute.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61678983

 

How does America come to have more mass shootings in just this year, that the number of days which have passed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2022

 

 

 

There is always this argument about guns. Fact is, if you take away someone's guns, they use knives, take away knives, they use stones. If someone is mentally ill and determined they will commit an act of atrocity. Look at the attack in Norway by Anders Behring Breivik where it is not so easy to aquire guns.

 

I get the impression society blames anything but the person themselves. It was "guns, porn, drugs, violent video games" etc etc... rather than look into why the person did it. Mental health is disgustingly ignored. It is hard to get therapy or treatment. It is hard to get a professional to treat you. Especially in a country where health insurance is very expensive. Most of the time there were warning signs or complaints which were ignored or people turned a blind eye to.

 

Look at bullying in schools, apathy etc etc.. Look at society the way it is. Society creates these people then blames other things for the mental health of the person.

 

I totally agree with Keleth on this one.

 

Also this video with Ben Shapiro on the matter. He has some very interesting points. Especially at time 4,42 where he says there should be mental health background checks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same Prescription:

 

Walgreens: $300

Safeway:$20

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anna66 said:

There is always this argument about guns. Fact is, if you take away someone's guns, they use knives, take away knives, they use stones. 

This is the most stupid argument put forward ad infinitum, usually by gun nuts.

If you have a little kid who keeps setting fire to the house because you leave matches laying around do you not take away the matches because he might hit things with his toys as there are no matches?

Let´s give every country in the world nuclear weapons because if they don´t have them they´ll use tanks etc.

4 hours ago, Anna66 said:

. Look at the attack in Norway by Anders Behring Breivik where it is not so easy to aquire guns.

 

Number of mass shootings in Norway since 2000...2

Number of mass shootings in the USA since 2020...31

 

Would you rather be in a room where someone is shooting or where someone is stabbing people?

 

Of course there´s no correlation there between the ease of gun acquisition and the amount of mass shootings is there?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Keleth said:

This is the most stupid argument put forward ad infinitum, usually by gun nuts.

If you have a little kid who keeps setting fire to the house because you leave matches laying around do you not take away the matches because he might hit things with his toys as there are no matches?

Let´s give every country in the world nuclear weapons because if they don´t have them they´ll use tanks etc.

Number of mass shootings in Norway since 2000...2

Number of mass shootings in the USA since 2020...31

 

Would you rather be in a room where someone is shooting or where someone is stabbing people?

 

Of course there´s no correlation there between the ease of gun acquisition and the amount of mass shootings is there?

 

I think you have misunderstood. I myself personally do not like guns. Never have. I do not think this argument is used by people who are "Gun Nuts", rather it is a statement which means if someone is determined to kill people because they have mental health issues, they will find someway of doing it. This is what it means.

 

There should be tougher sentences on people who do not lock guns away, who behave irresponsibly. Also that there should be a screening for mental illness before any firearm is sold to an individual. This should also include hunting knives.

 

To answer your question. There is no difference to shooting or stabbing, except that the former allows for a faster kill rate than an actual physical attack with a knife. It must be terrible for anyone to be around an indivudual who has mental health issues who decides to go out on a killing spree and take the lives of innocent people. It does not matter what weapon they choose, it is horrendous.

 

Bullying, especially in schools is not tackled at all. In fact our society has alot to answer for. It creates these individuals and then does nothing or ignores it, until it is all too late. It is all to easy to blame guns, porn, violent video games etc etc...Mental health issues are ignored and not addressed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anna66 said:

There is no difference to shooting or stabbing, except that the former allows for a faster kill rate than an actual physical attack with a knife.

Lol for someone supposedly anti-gun you keep parroting a lot of the gun lovers' phrases.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only in America...

I miss Domino`s Philly Cheese steak pizza

:wub:

I have made it myself using the recipe a couple of times but it just doesn't taste the same.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally know someone who lost a child shot on the school bus by another kid who took a pistol from his dad s gun cupboard... unlocked... to show off with. He fired it by accident. Father went to prison for not keeping it securely locked up and not loaded when not in use. The kid too young to prosecute. Won t bring the dead kid back. Tragic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, optimista said:

I personally know someone who lost a child shot on the school bus by another kid who took a pistol from his dad s gun cupboard... unlocked... to show off with. He fired it by accident. Father went to prison for not keeping it securely locked up and not loaded when not in use. The kid too young to prosecute. Won t bring the dead kid back. Tragic.

This is also a problem with guns that no one seems to think about.We hear about all the mass shootings,the gang shootings and other crimes committed with guns but v rarely hear about the accidental deaths due to guns.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very common for children to find unsecured weapons (toys to them) and shoot others. Even their dumb motherfucker parents are often shot dead by their own firearms.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up with guns in the house.  1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun.  They were in the hallway closet, and the rounds were in my dad's dresser.  Super secure. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, murphaph said:

It's very common for children to find unsecured weapons (toys to them) and shoot others. Even their dumb motherfucker parents are often shot dead by their own firearms.

 

I am sure I read somewhere ages ago, that the vast majority of gun deaths and injuries in the USA are caused by accidents in the home. I would be interesting if someone could dig that out. Tip:- I doubt it will be found on an NRA website!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many sources say suicides make up around 60% of gun deaths in the U.S.

 

I also just read that there were 12 mass shootings over the weekend.

 

ETA guns are the leading killer of children. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I am sure I read somewhere ages ago, that the vast majority of gun deaths and injuries in the USA are caused by accidents in the home. I would be interesting if someone could dig that out. Tip:- I doubt it will be found on an NRA website!

That’s not the case. The vast majority, as @fraufruit pointed out, are suicide (54% in 2020) followed by murder (43%).  

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

That’s not the case. The vast majority, as @fraufruit pointed out, are suicide (54% in 2020) followed by murder (43%).  

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

 

From your link:

 

"In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC."

 

Quote

U.S. gun death rate was 10.6 per 100,000 people in 2016, the most recent year in the study, which used a somewhat different methodology from the CDC. That was far higher than in countries such as Canada (2.1 per 100,000) and Australia (1.0), as well as European nations such as France (2.7), Germany (0.9) and Spain (0.6).

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now