Only in America

715 posts in this topic

Not only in the US, folks! But fun anyway!😂

My favourite? (U)goslavia!😂

I'm watching CNN now and they are covering the latest school shooting in Ulvalde, Texas.  The 18-year old shooter is dead, but he attacked an elementary school that left 14 children and 1 teacher dead.

I'm kinda speechless. 

How many people need to die?

Over and over again?

Only in America.

6 hours ago, Chelski said:

I'm kinda speechless. 

How many people need to die?

Over and over again?

Only in America.

Speechless and heartbroken for those parents and families - when will the powers that be see that this can't go on!

The powers that be are the 50 Republicans who won't vote to pass the gun safety bill that was passed in the House 2 years ago. They are being named and shamed. Again.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The powers that be are the 50 Republicans who won't vote to pass the gun safety bill that was passed in the House 2 years ago. They are being named and shamed. Again.

The biggest problem I see is the virtually unlimited amount of money that is allowed to go to your politicians in elections.

The NRA gave $50m to Trumps campaign and I should imagine many smaller groups contributed as well.

Your politicians are in thrall to various groups because of the cash flow rather than actually worrying about what people want.

I don´t know if the USA has a bigger mental health problem than most of the world or is it just the easy access to guns that makes it seem worse.

If it is a bigger problem then it is never really going to be sorted because with your healthcare how many of those who need it are going to be able to get access to help.

It's the easy access to guns with no background checks along with lack of health care for people with mental issues. As Biden just said, nobody needs an assault rifle. Deer aren't running in the forests wearing Kevlar vests. The shooter bought 2 assault weapons on his 18th birthday.

How long until we see...

1. Conspiracy theories that this was carried out by the CIA or somesuch or that it never actually happened.

2. Someone will stand up and talk about how this wouldn´t have happened if teachers were armed.

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Well, fuck me that's pretty fucked up even if it was a  "transsexual leftist illegal alien." He almost seems to be revelling in the fact he has something to attack the left with.

Paul Gosar is one of the biggest pieces of shit in the U.S. Congress. And given the current composition of the U.S. Congress, that's saying a lot.

Even his own siblings think he should be removed from office for his part in the Jan. 6 insurrection. And they campaigned against him in the first place. Unfortunately, this is Arizona, where the heat apparently does weird things to people's brains.

9 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Unfortunately, this is Arizona, where the heat apparently does weird things to people's brains.

You mean the Arizona where waves of transsexual leftist drug dealing,child molesting,criminal illegal aliens are swarming over the border daily and we need more guns to keep them out.

Apparently.