Only in America

663 posts in this topic

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) called fellow Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) a “jihad squad member” on Wednesday during a House debate on the resolution to censure Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.).

The far-right Colorado lawmaker faced fierce backlash for the comment as she railed against Democrats while defending Gosar, who was ultimately censured for posting an anime video depicting him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and attacking President Joe Biden.

Guilty as sin. He'll get a lot of money out of this, maybe even run for office some day. Before that he'll get into trouble again, perhaps because of guns, perhaps motor vehicle incidents, maybe even sexual assault.

But he'll remain the darling of the right wing, poor baby.
And the men he murdered will remain dead.

I heard an interesting counter to the argument that if Kyle Rittenhouse hadn't gone to Kenosha brandishing a gun to play cowboy, then 3 people would not have been shot, because he got scared.

It's like saying she was asking for it (rape) because of what she was wearing.

I know it's a bullshit counter but I can't work out why. They are obviously 2 totally different situations, and it's a disgraceful argument.

But I can't explain to myself or anyone else why.

Maybe, somehow - if  Kyle Rittenhouse had been shot because he was brandishing a gun? but no, it still isn't comparable, because a woman scantily dressed doesn't threaten anyone. So, utterly incomparable like Janx Spirit said.   Unless Kyle had been wearing a miniskirt .But he wasn't the victim. Nope. Sorry.

Actually the mini skirts don't threaten but cowboys waving guns do is quite good. 

I was just speechless when I was told I was doing the same as "she deserved because of what she wore"

I've a girl friend in California. Always found it weird that:

1. 16 years-old: They can legally drive a car (potential lethal weapon).

2. 18 years-old: They can legally have sex.

3. 21 years-old: They can legally have a beer.

Does not compute. All seems a bit arse about face to me.

17 hours ago, Chelski said:

Does not compute. All seems a bit arse about face to me.

and those nice Californians didn't get around to putting a minimum age on marriage either.

True, you'd need parental permission, but apparently thousands of minors  a year get married there.

Under age marriage