Only in America

972 posts in this topic

Oh no she has alopecia.It´s not as though she has lost her hair due to chemo.

Yes I know how bad it is when a woman loses her hair but they get over it (well the wife did).

This seemed more a case of Smith trying to show his wife how much of a man he is (after all she did cheat on him a couple of years ago).

The way he hit Rock when Rock had his hands behind his back shows just what sort of man he is.

All the woke boys out tonight taking different stances on Smith or Rock. I have no opinion.

But in RL it's very simple.

Anyone disses Mrs Chelski to the extreme extent that I have to intervene, they get punched very, VERY fucking hard in the face.

Only ever happened to me once in Germany. I'm only 5'8" and the guy was 6'4". But anger is an energy.

I didn't do any bullshit banter either. One punch put him down.

Yes, I broke my hand, and yes I was arrested.

But it was worth it.

All charges officially dismissed after six months.

Some things are worth defending. Love is #1.

I had a chuckle when I misread the headline and thought Will Smith slapped The Rock (Dwayne Johnson). 
Anyway, it’s all handbags at dawn, isn’t it? I can understand why he did it, and certainly this was a common occurrence when I was 17 and it took less than a few words to get fists swinging. But that’s just it, at age 17, not 50+.

What I’d really like to know is how many women think he did right by his wife, by standing up and “defending” her honour vs those who think it’s an affront to women that men still think they need to “protect their women”.

In hindsight, he could have just taken Jada's hand and left the theater leaving that big table right by the stage empty.

Yes, those two have a history. BTW,  Rock very publicly cheated on his wife which Keleth failed to mention.

Women never get over losing their hair and neither do men. It is worse for women.

My son said Chris Rock needed slapping for not being funny for 20 years.

1 hour ago, Chelski said:

Yer but the oscars are not real life.

This was not quite the same as being on the street and someone insulting your wife.

Can you imagine if Ricky Gervais was the host.

What I found interesting is he originally laughed at the joke and she rolled her eyes as if to say "that´s a corny joke" and I wonder if he reacted as he did because he thought he´d just dropped himself in it with his wife.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Rock very publicly cheated on his wife which Keleth failed to mention.

What has that got to do with anything?

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Women never get over losing their hair and neither do men. It is worse for women.

I call bullshit on men never getting over losing their hair.I know plenty of them who don´t care,my dad was one.

Agree with the being worse for women though.

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Agree with this although the same could be said for Smith too.

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

Nothing. You mentioned that Jada cheated as if it had anything to do with anything.

I prefer Smith's serious acting. Never found him very funny.

14 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Nothing. You mentioned that Jada cheated as if it had anything to do with anything.

It does.It goes to show in my eyes that their relationship is not exactly set in stone.

Just now, Keleth said:

It does.It goes to show in my eyes that their relationship is not exactly set in stone.

For many years, they have had some kind of open relationship according to them. I would say it is just different than our old fashioned kind.

40 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Smith must be favourite for the Palme d'Or.

Give that man a hand!

56 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Can you imagine if Ricky Gervais was the host.

There’d be a queue stretching past the red carpet!

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

I call bullshit on men never getting over losing their hair.I know plenty of them who don´t care,my dad was one.

Agree with the being worse for women though.

Not worried about losing hair. My bald spot hasn't worsened for years! Hooray! Women? Can't speak for all women but my Nicole takes care of hers. 

You know those parts of supermarkets/ pharmacies where hair stuff is on sale? And I walk past? And Nicole doesn't?

Yep, those parts!😂

Thankfully, there are sometimes things on sale at reduced prices! Not sure about gold- blond or ash- blond or whatever. Keine Ahnung!😂

Edit: just realised I'm on the Only in America thread!😂

No, babes! This is worldwide! ( I think!!)...

Guys: if your woman wants that hair stuff, pay attention! Respect her wish to be beautiful.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

That's funny!

10 hours ago, theGman said:

He initially laughed (reflex reaction I suppose), then after seeing Jada's face I guess it dawned on him what the joke actually meant. He could have instead heckled Chris Rock, explained to the press afterwards why it was such a hurtful comment and Chris Rock would have been slated for it. But I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm starting to wonder... if this was planned. You know, a stunt for the Oscars...

4 hours ago, Metall said:

I'm starting to wonder... if this was planned. You know, a stunt for the Oscars...

Y'know, considering that they are ALL actors, the probability is quite high.

I think it was real.

If it had been fake, Chris Rock wouldn't have kept his calm demeanor - he just made a remark describing what had happened; after Will Smith had quieted down, Rock added a little flame to the fire, saying 'All right, I will [not say Jada Smith's name] - until I get home,' which Smith chose to ignore.

In the meantime, the Academy has voted to condemn Will's action, another indication that this wasn't just schtick.

11 hours ago, Chelski said:

All the woke boys out tonight taking different stances on Smith or Rock. I have no opinion.

Anyone disses Mrs Chelski to the extreme extent that I have to intervene, they get punched very, VERY fucking hard in the face.

But it's not real life. Part of many a comedians routine is to rip the piss out of the front row. I went to a Jimmy Carr gig a few years back, he was brutal...but nobody got up and punched the dude. I went to a Lee Nelson (Simon Brodkin) gig in Edinburgh some years back too where he went a bit far and a bunch of people walked out. Still no punches, and that is with a pissed up Scottish crowd.

Chris Rock didn't know Jada has alopecia. He cracked a shit joke, one that on the offence scale probably sat at the lower end, even for the Oscars. Will Smith overreacted, that's it. Maybe indeed because his "masculinity" has been questioned recently as revelations of his "open relationship" (Jada sleeping around) have come out.

7 hours ago, Metall said:

That was my first thought when I first read about it, but they would needed to have fessed up immediately if that was the case. I would say Will Smith is not someone that needs to attract attention in that way. He's on top of his game. Smacking someone in the face and then swearing at them on live air does not fit the bill for him. There are plenty of trashy fame hungry idiots in hollywood who would have been up for this but I doubt that Will Smith (or Chris Rock) would be one of them.