einburgerung

60 posts in this topic

Any advice please to implement naturalization in the state of thuringen? I guess there are not many applicants there, so there are not many immigrants living there, so the processing time can be much faster than in other states, for example I live in hessen and in here the applicants can be waiting long time ...

Not many applicants can also mean not many staff to process applications. That's what it was like for me in Brandenburg. Took two years. Totally understaffed.

And it's not a state level competence anyway so there will almost certainly be Gemeinden in Hesse that are faster than in Thuringia and vice versa.

Well in Hesse it's centralised by region. In the south they all go to Darmstadt to be adjudicated after they're accepted locally, so therein lies the backlog. Not sure how it's done in Brandenburg or Thuringia.

On 10/31/2021, 4:44:08, cyborg said:

Any advice please to implement naturalization in the state of thuringen? 

Step 1:  establish Hauptwohnsitz in Thuringia 

I agree with Murphaph, a dearth of immigrants seeking to naturalize likely also means a dearth of staff to handle it. 

Whats more, the staff that are there to handle it are inexperienced at it. Which I suppose has Vorteile und Nachteile.  

well guys  the first entry to germany and officialy registred by einwohnermeldeamt 28.04.2014 after 1 year i mean 27.04.2015 i went o back my country because of many important stiuations,and went back to germany as officialy 19.01.2016 till now living in germany   that means 1 year and 6 years  with B2  ,, so  can i apply to german citizen

On 8.11.2021, 22:05:29, cyborg said:

well guys  the first entry to germany and officialy registred by einwohnermeldeamt 28.04.2014 after 1 year i mean 27.04.2015 i went o back my country because of many important stiuations,and went back to germany as officialy 19.01.2016 till now living in germany   that means 1 year and 6 years  with B2  ,, so  can i apply to german citizen

If you want apply based on 6 years stay + B2 , i assume, you may apply by end of Januaray 2022.

Better to set a pre-discussion with Einbürgerungsbehörde, to know, will they accept only B2 as a special integeration achievements to reduce the no of years of stay to 6 years or addintionally they expect Civic engagement.

I heard, some cities they are not accepting B2 alone as a Special integeration achiviements, but demanding memembership on any volountary civic organasition to consider, that one is good integerated.

But please give a try and give your feedback here to help others via this forum.

Ehrenamtliche Engagement/voluntary work? I did not have time/energy/inclination for that when I was employed, fortunately they did not ask.

I started doing voluntary work after retiring, much more fun than paid work. Seems a bit strange to 'expect' it, people with children have enough to do already.

6 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Seems a bit strange to 'expect' it

Some municipalities demand that you join the voluntary firefighters. If you don't you have to pay instead of serving.

Which communities require people to join the Feuerwehr? I do remember a story some years ago, on or near Sylt, the FF had too few people so a tax was raised.

Joining the FF is great if you like that sort of thing, in many small villages it is the only or biggest organisation. I think it is particularly German, are there similar organisations in other countries?

9 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Which communities require people to join the Feuerwehr?

E.g. Hechingen in Baden-Württemberg. At least they did 30 years ago when I was living there. At least in Bavaria town with more than 100000 residents have to have a professional firefighter service (if it´s still true what our "Sozialkunde"-teacher told us 45 years or so ago), so I guess bigger towns won´t have that requirement.

On 14.11.2021, 08:08:33, Auntie Helen said:

I got my citizenship at 6 years +B2 but also had to show special integration - which fortunately I could as I had been very involved with the cyclists ADFC my whole time in Germany.

you can read my experiences in the blog post below (about halfway down, heading ‘citizenship’:

https://www.auntiehelen.co.uk/six-wheels-in-germany-august-2020-month-77/

Good to learn about six wheels :-)

Dear Members,

I am planning to file my Citizenship Application some where next year August 2022, by then i am completing 6 years of contionous stay, with Deutsch C1 + engaged in Voluntary activities. ( excluding my previous 3 years stay due to break more than 6 months) .

My question is, should one has to wait for exact completion of 6 years to file the Application or even few 5-6 months earlier one can file an application ? I am hearing that some Einbürgerungsbehörde accepts the application even before 5 months, any one has some experience here, which went through successfully ?

You have your location listed as Washington DC, people can't give you regional advice if you don't share your region information.

When I applied I had already been in Germany for longer more than the required time, but I was missing various other requirements, my initial appointment was to discuss what those were.

My caseworkers were engaged and open to the idea of me applying, and seem to have made every effort to make it as easy as possible for me, but based on what others have posted, I was certainly very lucky there.

I think here in Bremen with my caseworkers, you could reasonably make such an appointment now and ask them this question, but your experience may (and probably will) differ.

14 hours ago, pappnase said:

You have your location listed as Washington DC, people can't give you regional advice if you don't share your region information.

When I applied I had already been in Germany for longer more than the required time, but I was missing various other requirements, my initial appointment was to discuss what those were.

My caseworkers were engaged and open to the idea of me applying, and seem to have made every effort to make it as easy as possible for me, but based on what others have posted, I was certainly very lucky there.

I think here in Bremen with my caseworkers, you could reasonably make such an appointment now and ask them this question, but your experience may (and probably will) differ.

Thank you for your answer :-) .

I would be very keen to know some feedback based on some forumers experience,who file their application, few months ahead, since i will be in US for an year for deputation, hence thought of applying in advance.

Ask the Einbuergerungsbehoerde if you can apply early,before the six years or other period. I think it does not make sense, just makes more work to apply when you are not eligible.