Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

buying a dsl router

5 posts in this topic

I offer internet to my tenants in 3 of my apartments in Nürnberg

Normally it just works and I don't have to think about it.

A very problematic tenant moved out, and took the router with him. 

I just called the O2 hotline and the woman told me to just buy my own fritzbox: 7590, 7530, or 7490

I was rather surprised by this because I remember in the past O2 wanted to supply the router.

Has something changed. Should I just order a fritzbox, or more easily, just go into Saturn Hansa and buy one?

Sorry, I can't answer but just wanted to say that I'm happy that you got rid of your problematic tenant. Worth much more than buying a router.

Can't say about O2, but I stopped using my Vodafone-provided router long ago. Been using a 2nd hand Fritzbox 7390 for several years with no problems. Easy to install and set up, even on Linux.

2 hours ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

I just called the O2 hotline and the woman told me to just buy my own fritzbox: 7590, 7530, or 7490

I was rather surprised by this because I remember in the past O2 wanted to supply the router.

Has something changed. Should I just order a fritzbox, or more easily, just go into Saturn Hansa and buy one?

We bought a Fritz!Box 7430 Router in August 2017 from Media Markt & it has worked fine from day 1.

Initially with a DSL connection & shortly afterwards when Telekom moved to VoIP.

I was careful to document the configuration steps we took (age-old services guy here) and any updates.  Glad we did.