Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Telekom charging me rent on a router I returned

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I moved out of Germany and cancelled my Telekom contract.    The wireless router was being rented from them (Mietgerat).    I returned the router on 16.07 and have a receipt from them that proves this.   It says I returned a "Speedport W 722V Typ B".    They have continued to charge me rent for a "Speedport Smart 2".   

I don't ever recall having received a second router from them, and bills from earlier this year show me paying only for the "Speedport Smart 2".  

It seems to me that they made some kind of clerical mistake and are charging me for equipment that was returned.

I canceled the automatic debit from my bank.   Now they are trying to charge me for the failed debit attempt.

Even if they are correct, and I did have two Speedport devices, I want to settle this with one final bill and not pay monthly.

How should I proceed?   Should I ask for proof of when they sent all Speedport devices?   

2 minutes ago, catjones said:

wouldn't your past bills show two routers?

Past bills only show one router.   I can only find past bills starting from January of this year.     I had a Telekom account for nearly 10 years.

According to this, the best way to contact them is on their online contact option….

Die E-Mail-Adresse info@telekom.de ist seit Einführung der Kontaktformulare kein gültiger Eingangskanal der Telekom mehr. Eine zügige Bearbeitung der Anfrage über diese Adresse ist nicht gegeben. Bitte die User nur auf die in http://www.telekom.de/kontaktangegebenen Eingangsportale verweisen

If your written German isn’t great, use free deepl.com. If in doubt, use short and simple English sentences. Usually gives a very decent translation.  Include all references….account numbers etc.  

1 hour ago, RedMidge said:

Did you give 3 months notice?

Yes, I gave notice in July.    They stopped most of the billing, with the exception of the Mietgerate.