Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

International flights - where to get tests? What kind? How much?

19 posts in this topic

To my understanding, free Covid tests (Bürgertest) no longer are available in Germany.

International flights (don't know about domestic ones) continue to require Covid tests regardless of vaccination status.

Where you get them? What kind?

I saw a pharmacy advertise a test for 15 Euros, but you only got the result in an app - American Airlines in August wanted to see a signature on paper!

17 minutes ago, Metall said:

International flights (don't know about domestic ones) continue to require Covid tests regardless of vaccination status.

Depends where you go. I go to Spain and don‘t need a test since I‘m fully vaccinated. 

Many countries don't require a test anymore if you are vaccinated.  Most airlines have something on their website that allows you to figure out depending on where you live and where you are going what you will need.  In many case you just have to fill out a form declaring that you are in good health and bring your vaxx certificate. 

If you need a test, some of the airlines apps will even help you find a test center.  I've had a covid test in the past at a doctors office and paid something like 25€ for it.  Somebody else I knew paid 80.  This was before the free bürgertests.  I also know people who got tested in the airport.  You can get results fast but it is expensive.

50 minutes ago, Metall said:

Where you get them? What kind?

Here in Konstanz we still have several Schnelltest sites available downtown, and in a few other places, perhaps because we are a tourist town.  But so is Munich!  I recall seeing that the cost is 15 or 18€.  A friend who recently visited from the US had it done with no problem.  Mr. Google is your friend for local sites I would think.

Metall,

I just checked the CovidZentrum.de website and still see the free "citizen" test in Munich.  It look like there is only one site available at Rosenheimer Str. 5 with very limited times/appointments.

S.

4 minutes ago, Shenandoah said:

I just checked the CovidZentrum.de website and still see the free "citizen" test in Munich.  It look like there is only one site available at Rosenheimer Str. 5 with very limited times/appointments.

Free tests are very limited.  Available for those too young to get vaccinated.  Or pregnant women, or others advised not to get it,  All explained on the website you refer to on their FAQ page.

Snowingagain,

You are correct and thank you for the correction, I did not notice they had changed free "citizen" test criteria.  

S.

I think Metall is planning on visiting the USA. You need a negative test for USA bound flights

I recently flew from Oulu to Helsinki to Vienna

Needed to show my vax status to checkin and connect. And was made to put a disposable mask over my expensive and superior livinguard mask.

Worse, on the train from Vienna to Nürnberg a ticket collector told me mask was not acceptable and I needed to wear an FFP2 mask.

My mask is iodised silver thread impregnated, and has a carbon filter. It's vastly superior to an FFP2.

Doesn't matter he said

Hmmpf I said. 

end of conversation.

Sounds like a 2-day trip. You should wear the mask of my father: nobody dares to start a conversation 👻.

Ah yes I see that now. But I just read through the groups, and I don't see vaccinated people in there. I thought they said that vaccinated people would get free tests once per week. What happened to that plan?

I thought the plan was that vaccinated people would also be entitled to a free quick test but apparently that isn't the case and you need to pay for it.

I recall a lot of people on here wanted free tests to be immediately axed. They didn't want to wait for 11th October when they actually stopped.  I guess they got their wish but didn't think about the long term implications. 

Frankfurt airport has a drive in test centre, prices range from around 70 to 150 for the better tests, depending on fast you want the results. Heard positive feedback online for the tests. Got family coming at Christmas and they need (currently) a test for the return flight.