3G in Restaurants?

3,782 posts in this topic

Is a grown ass person actually bitching about the use of expletives? Unbefuckinglievable.

P. S. Every person I know who works directly with British around the globe marvels at their casual and effective use of expletives. Upon meeting the Welsh lawyer for a manufacturing client, he said to me with no hint of self-awareness, "They're a lovely bunch of cunts, aren't they?" 

9 hours ago, john g. said:

2. How about if you knew somebody who has had cancer ( as a woman ) and compromised immune system and worried about the Impfungen ? Fascist terrorist anti- vaccs or simply a non- civilised person? Or some nuances around?

One can claim that for a healthy person there is no threat in anti-vax propaganda, but for immunocompromised people this is dangerous. Your post suggests that vaccine that is dangerous for cancer patients also qualifies for disinformation, BTW. 

Also, in our town hospital at least one pregnant unvaccinated woman died, her baby died, too. Vulnerable people must be vaccinated, but don't due to disinformation. 

Imagine the same disinformation but about health insurance. That nobody needs it if you are healthy. That health insurance companies get a lot of money from healthy people. 

5 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

How about if you knew somebody who has had cancer ( as a woman ) and compromised immune system and worried about the Impfungen ?

Oh that would be me. What my wife and I decided, was to discuss this with her oncologist and get professional medical advice not listed to some big-mouthed twits on social media.

The advice was to schedule the appointment at an appropriate time in her chemo cycle but to get the vaccination anyway.

If there were a rule regarding compulsory vaccination and it applied to my wife then we would have done the exact same thing. She would have stayed home until such time as she was recommended to get a vaccination.

If that meant she could not travel to get a treatment then I would expect the health-care team to come to her as they have with every minor emergency and problem so far.

Your straw man is bollocks because there is no rule regarding compulsory vaccination and if there were then there would be ways to get vaccinated or exempted for those who had legitimate reasons.

@yourkeau I know you were quoting john.g but I'm quoting you quoting him cos I don't normally see his stuff and the quote system on TT is too broken to make that work right.

9 hours ago, john g. said:

2. How about if you knew somebody who has had cancer ( as a woman ) and compromised immune system and worried about the Impfungen ? Fascist terrorist anti- vaccs or simply a non- civilised person? Or some nuances around?

Oh dear, oh dear ..

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

To me Yorkeau is no different from Jonny just that he´s on the "other side".

The funny thing here is I was called Querdenker for suggesting that lockdowns are bullshit. You people simply cannot live without putting other people into boxes. 

Well, if you don't like yourkeau, you will have to like Australian-style infinite lockdown. 

13 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You people simply cannot live without putting other people into boxes. 

I would have answered this sooner but I was struck into a state of silence by your utter hypocrisy.

Scum, terrorists are just 2 of the insults you´ve used to describe all anti-vaxxers.

Of course, that´s not putting people into boxes at all is it

15 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Well, if you don't like yourkeau, you will have to like Australian-style infinite lockdown. 

Not liking you because of your attitude has fuck all to with lockdowns etc.

16 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

The funny thing here is I was called Querdenker for suggesting that lockdowns are bullshit.

You are a querdenker just one that´s on the other side of the argument.Or do you think it´s normal your attitude to anti vaxxers.

16 hours ago, Eric7 said:

I do think that natural immunity after Covid infection is superior to that offered by vaccines at the moment

For 3 months yes it is but after that it´s much of a muchness.I´ve not heard of anyone genesen catching it a second time before the 3 months is up.

12 hours ago, Keleth said:
12 hours ago, Keleth said:

1.I don´t give a fuck basically.

2.I only have civilised discussions with civilised people and Jonny is not one of them.

The irony: you argue about your right to use strong language, and at the same time you think everyone else (including me) should be polite. How does it work, are you special?

15 minutes ago, Keleth said:

You are a querdenker just one that´s on the other side of the argument.Or do you think it´s normal your attitude to anti vaxxers.

Let me cite the smart people: 

"I only have civilised discussions with civilised people, and antivaxxers are not one of them". 

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

And from the land of the free:- :wacko:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60001143

This has nothing to do with government. Her employer made a policy. She decided not to follow it. She effectively quit. Life sucks sometimes. People like her never complained when LGBTQ people were being fired for being gay. Let her find a new job.

ETA: I see there is a sub-story on a nurse losing her job because of NY's medical worker mandate. Well, too bad. 

6 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

The irony: you argue about your right to use strong language, and at the same time you think everyone else (including me) should be polite.

Calling someone a terrorist is not impolite,calling them a cunt is impolite.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Is a grown ass person actually bitching about the use of expletives? Unbefuckinglievable.

P. S. Every person I know who works directly with British around the globe marvels at their casual and effective use of expletives. Upon meeting the Welsh lawyer for a manufacturing client, he said to me with no hint of self-awareness, "They're a lovely bunch of cunts, aren't they?" 

I am very sorry that that lawyer used the "c" word in front of you, a woman.

Please see here for the German versions of the "c" word, so that you recognise them should anyone ever use them in front of you.

No, it was not alright that he used it, no matter how "unaware" he appeared.

I understand that you may have had qualms to call him out on it and make him "aware" of his shocking lack of manners, for fear of causing a scene.

But the problem with that thinking is, that it perpetuates the problem.

Or did you maybe first use swear words in front of him, to appear "as one of the boys" and he therefore thought it would be "alright" to talk like that in front of you?

That is a dangerous path, it leads to escalation and the other side may come up - as in this case - with swear words that offend even you, like the "c" word.

I am lucky in that regard, I have never had a person use the "c" word in front of me.

And if anyone should ever dare, they will get a stern talking to from me, asking them if that was how their mother taught them to speak.

That, I owe to myself and to other women.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Would you talk like that to me if I were standing across from you?

I hope not and that is only one of the sad effects of communicating at a distance and that you therefore lack the instant feedback of seeing the effect of your words on the other person's face.

Because contrary to the expression, words do hurt.

To be honest, this has been an "adult content forum" since I joined it getting on for 20 years ago. It's always been fine to swear on here. I'm on other forums where that's not the case and that's also fine (often because minors are expected to be members).

<sigh>

Taboo word fluency and knowledge of slurs and general pejoratives: deconstructing the poverty-of-vocabulary myth

Frankly, we do give a damn: The relationship between profanity and honesty

Swearing Is Good for You: The Amazing Science of Bad Language

Do you know what is actually bad for women? Anyone who tone polices them. I am sure I do not have to clarify  that saying the word cunt around me is not anything like calling me one. I mean, anyone who would require that type of clarification would not be worthy of a response.

Oh, and @PandaMunich, yes, I most certainly would say all of that if you were in front of me. Without batting an eye. Some of it is my dialect and some of it a speech pattern and none of it directly insults you. I asked a question. Is a grown ass person actually bitching about bad language? The answer is yes. An ostensibly grown ass person is. Grown ass means full grown. That's a thing to know.

@PandaMunich

That´s a pretty sexist post you wrote there and also written in a very condescending tone so please don´t use civilised and uncivilised until you yourself learn the meaning of them.

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

@PandaMunich

That´s a pretty sexist post you wrote there and also written in a very condescending tone so please don´t use civilised and uncivilised until you yourself learn the meaning of them.

AFAIK, Panda is female. However, it appears that she also cannot differentiate between words aimed at a person and words spoken around them. Your point, however, is not completely without merit. Women who prize some puritanical sense of civility over all else are the kind of appeasers who hinder the rights of women. We don't need any Mary-go-along-to-get-alongs slowing down the movement.

37 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Calling someone a terrorist is not impolite,calling them a cunt is impolite.

I actually agree with you, just pointed out some inconsistency here. 

I love swearwords, and the German language is very liberal about it. Germans do not say "S-word", they say Scheisse when the situation requires it. 

Also, non-native English speakers are not so sensitive to the word "fuck" like native speakers are. 

30 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Also, non-native English speakers are not so sensitive to the word "fuck" like native speakers are. 

That's a problem with small kids especially. My 8 year old hears "fuck" in school all day long but it's not a "bad word" here. I doubt the teachers even see a problem with it much as a teacher in Ireland wouldn't likely admonish a child for saying "scheiße" either. I have to remind him that he would need to be careful not to use that language in Ireland when talking to his granny!

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

That's a problem with small kids especially. My 8 year old hears "fuck" in school all day long but it's not a "bad word" here. I doubt the teachers even see a problem with it much as a teacher in Ireland wouldn't likely admonish a child for saying "scheiße" either. I have to remind him that he would need to be careful not to use that language in Ireland when talking to his granny!

As long as they know to replace U with A, it's all good then.