3G in Restaurants?

3,582 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

There's nothing to stop THEM wearing an N95 mask if they think that would protect them.  But it's good that it's not forced on people the way it is here. 

It seems though that non-pharmacological measures (masks, lockdowns, access to supermarkets etc.) are working if you compare the number of deaths/million residents between the UK, Germany and Cyprus (let´s not look at China). The UK having the least strict rules, Germany being somewhere in the middle and Cyprus being pretty strict: 2239 (UK) vs. 1390 (Germany) vs 573 (Cyprus). Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

The UK doesn´t look like the shining role model Jonny is portraying it, even if you take into consideration that it´s too early to pass final judgement.

@jeba thanks to a freedom of information request to UK office of national statistics,  we now know that deaths directly caused by covid in England and Wales  were nowhere near as high as reported.  I posted the ONS link yesterday but here's John Campbell to explain the results. 

Funnily enough the mainstream media is being quiet about this. Remember,  this isn't speculation, this is the official data.

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

@jeba thanks to a freedom of information request to UK office of national statistics,  we now know that deaths directly caused by covid in England and Wales  were nowhere near as high as reported.  I posted the ONS link yesterday but here's John Campbell to explain the results. 

Funnily enough the mainstream media is being quiet about this. Remember,  this isn't speculation, this is the official data.

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

That doesn't change the validity of my point as it's the same for all three countries I mentioned.

20 hours ago, optimista said:

omicron not dominant in Germany ??

It s going wild in France. I guess it will stop at the Rhine though.

Not yet. Germany, as usual, managed to delay the wave. Numbers are not omicron-level yet. Give it 2 weeks and watch going 300k+ per day.

I received my J&J jab in March 2021 and my Moderna booster in October 2021, both in Florida.

Yesterday, a Greek restaurant here in Berlin refused to let me in, stating I needed a third jab to get a table. Sigh

9 minutes ago, Findus said:

I received my J&J jab in March 2021 and my Moderna booster in October 2021, both in Florida.

If that moderna booster was more than 3 months ago, you might be eligible for a second mRNA booster, probably worth checking if only to avoid the confusion.

Just treat the 1st two as 'vaccination' instead of 'vac + boost' and get on with life.

15 hours ago, keith2011 said:

???

All covid restrictions were dropped in England in mid July and  although some were reintroduced very recently most of those have now also been scrapped.

I know, I was there.  There was zwro enforcement of the rules when reintroduced and most people didn't bother.

6 hours ago, jeba said:

The UK doesn't look like the shining role model Jonny is portraying it, even if you take into consideration that it´s too early to pass final judgement.

Indeed it is clearly not a shinning example particularly as it was very late in doing anything in response to the initial wave and for a while the UK  had the highest death rate in Europe. As such a pure death rate comparison is not a valid measure of the effect of the ending of all covid restrictions for the UK in July last year. It needs a comparison from July to pre Omicron.  From memory though, in the UK, following the July lifting of restrictions, new infections quickly ramped up to 20-50k per day with death rates around 100 per day whilst Germany was running at less than 10k new infections and less than 50 deaths per day.

On that basis it seems clear that mask wearing and some restrictions do reduce deaths on the other hand the UK has not seen such a massive rise in infections from the Omicron variant compared to France and some other countries in Europe (though not Germany yet)  so not sure what that means, I suspect the boat is still out on that one.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

we now know that deaths directly caused by covid in England and Wales  were nowhere near as high as reported.

Give me strength... We have known that for ages and discussed it at length here, it does not matter, what is important is the ability to compare,  on a day to day, month to month basis, data that has been collected using a consistent criteria, that being death within 28 days of a positive covid infection.

19 minutes ago, bennetn said:

I know, I was there.  There was zwro enforcement of the rules when reintroduced and most people didn't bother.

16 hours ago, bennetn said:

The UK public, from what I have seen, have generally resisted or ignored all restrictions since Summer.  The British government went after a herd immunity strategy.

It seemed to me you were saying the UK public were resiting and ignoring restrictions during the summer, I pointed out that there were no restrictions to resist and ignore.

I was there to in September and I have to say it was most refreshing not to have to worry about having and using a mask although I did use one on the Tube in London.

10 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

it does not matter

It absolutely does matter.  If we are being told that everyone is at risk of dying of a disease and over the past 2 years there have been more than 150k deaths due to the disease,  and we then find out that the actual number solely due to the disease is more like 17k ... then that's called lying. Or at the least,  it's a manipulation of truth. 

It's a cliche but if in the UK I tested positive for covid and the next day was killed in a car crash,  I would be on the list of 'died within 28 days of a positive test' and I would be added to the 150k figure. 

Maybe you're OK with that.  I'm not. 

Scientific documentation? Not a video. Post the actual documents. I will bet that, upon reading, the documents say nothing of the sort.

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's a cliche but if in the UK I tested positive for covid and the next day was killed in a car crash,  I would be on the list of 'died within 28 days of a positive test' and I would be added to the 150k figure. 

And how many do you know were killed in a car crash the next day after a positive covid test or had severe athletes foot but died with covid or some other normally non fatal illness and even potentially fatal illnesses or disability where death was aggravated by covid???

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It absolutely does matter.  If we are being told that everyone is at risk of dying of a disease and over the past 2 years there have been more than 150k deaths due to the disease,  and we then find out that the actual number solely due to the disease is more like 17k ... then that's called lying. Or at the least,  it's a manipulation of truth. 

Nice way to totally use his quote out of context.

Here is what he said and anyone with at least more intelligence than an amoeba on Saturn can read and understand that.

32 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

it does not matter, what is important is the ability to compare,  on a day to day, month to month basis, data that has been collected using a consistent criteria, that being death within 28 days of a positive covid infection.

It doesn´t matter why the reasons it´s classed as a Covid death, what matters is that all are reported the same so that you can compare figures.

9 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

And how many do you know were killed in a car crash the next day after a positive covid test or had severe athletes foot but died with covid or some other normally non fatal illness and even potentially fatal illnesses or disability where death was aggravated by covid???

Because when they tell you you have Covid instead of staying at home the first natural thing to do is taking your car the next day and drive very fast in the motorway.

21 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Please show me evidence of this example because we can all point you to VAERS and show you the myriad examples of sore arms,deaths from drunk driving etc that you use in your endlessly repetitive banal arguments that the vaccine is dangerous.

14 hours ago, Jonny said:

15-photo_2022-01-16_18-17-43.jpg.52d2837

That I believe is Dave Chapelle the comedian.Now what he said is a joke and he knows it´s a joke.

I have no idea on his stance on vaccines but if he´s anti vaccine he knows exactly his audience that joke is aimed at ie those people who are just too plain dumb to understand why what he said is happening.

There´s this thing out there that unfortunately pretty much controls the world and which you have many times claimed to care about (yer right) it´s called the economy.Now for one so worried about that very thing you should actually understand why what he said is happening.

Any idea why kids wear masks in class but you don´t need to when eating in a restaurant?

Any idea why I and millions like me have worked throughout this pandemic?

16 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

but died with covid or some other normally non fatal illness and even potentially fatal illnesses or disability where death was aggravated by covid???

You don´t keep up on Jonnys posting, do you?

He doesn´t care about people who with comorbidities died from Covid, they don´t matter see because he apparently doesn´t have any so he has an "I'm alright Jack attitude"

He´s a survival of the fittest person as long as he´s one of the fittest.

But basically, he talks bollocks most of the time so you never know what to believe from him. I´m still convinced he´s a 300kg lockin who has been shitting himself since the pandemic started.

3 minutes ago, Keleth said:

You don´t keep up on Jonnys posting, do you?

No, not one of my favourite posters.

Wtih, realated, due are all irrelevant.

130,000 excess deaths in the UK over previous measurable periods tell you what you need to know about impact.

Death from normal means...flu, accidents are well down in that period.