3G in Restaurants?

4,305 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Keleth said:

So Omicron is not dominant in Germany then?

Your post makes no sense,if it is wild in France it doesn`t mean it is in Germany yet or do you have figures to show it is already here as well.

Given that a couple of weeks ago the 7 day incidence was around 200 and now it's around 980 and given that Omicron is supposed to be VERY infectious and transmissible, I can see why you'd think omicron was here. 

Dearest K. Just. Wait. :ph34r:

Maybe you could smoke something soothing meanwhile.

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

What to know one simple reason it's a terrible idea? Omicron is NOT dominant in germany, not yet.

So your terrible idea could get you Delta.

I'm livng in Cyprus and here Omicron was responsible for around 90% of cases last week already. Plus I've had two boosters already. But as I said, given there is hope for an updated version of the vaccine I'll wait for that anyway.

45 minutes ago, optimista said:

Dearest K. Just. Wait. :ph34r:

Maybe you could smoke something soothing meanwhile.

Yes it will be dominant or it will be a surprise if it isn´t,unless a new more virulent strain pops up.

But it isn´t yet and it most certainly wasn´t at the time Jeba was talking about so stop being a smart arse.

56 minutes ago, bennetn said:

I certainly wouldn't, no idea why you're quoting me.

Um yep,no idea why I´ll blame the stupid forum quote system ;)

56 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Given that a couple of weeks ago the 7 day incidence was around 200 and now it's around 980 and given that Omicron is supposed to be VERY infectious and transmissible, I can see why you'd think omicron was here. 

So you won´t even believe science in that regard either?

3 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yes it will be dominant or it will be a surprise if it isn´t,unless a new more virulent strain pops up.

But it isn´t yet and it most certainly wasn´t at the time Jeba was talking about so stop being a smart arse.

According to the RKI Omicron was dominant in Germany a week ago (1/13).

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/omicron-becomes-dominant-variant-germany-rki-institute-2022-01-13/

22 hours ago, Jonny said:

2G now abolished in retail in Bavaria.  Common sense is slowly prevailing. 

The ruling does not say it is unconstitutional, it only says it is not clear enough.  It just needs to be rewritten properly which I assume it will happen soon.

I'm sure it will.  But why is it needed? Why can I go into a bookshop or a shoe shop but not some other shop? Who is making these rules ?

The UK has just abolished most rules.  You can walk into any shop.  Masks if you want to wear them or not. 

Let's see how they cope. 

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

The UK has just abolished most rules. 

Think that has more to do with Bojo wanting to  appease the public now he s up to his neck in it than a medical decision.

The UK public, from what I have seen, have generally resisted or ignored all restrictions since Summer.  The British government went after a herd immunity strategy.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Think that has more to do with Bojo wanting to  appease the public now he s up to his neck in it than a medical decision.

I think it is more to try and get support from the morons in his own party who recently voted against the introduction of those very restrictions that have just been lifted. He doesn't need to worry about the public for another 2 years but the MPs in his own party can oust him now. A few people I have spoken to over there think it is way too soon to abandon mask wearing on public transport and in shops.

52 minutes ago, bennetn said:

The UK public, from what I have seen, have generally resisted or ignored all restrictions since Summer.

???

All covid restrictions were dropped in England in mid July and  although some were reintroduced very recently most of those have now also been scrapped.

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

A few people I have spoken to over there think it is way too soon to abandon mask wearing on public transport and in shops.

???

There's nothing to stop THEM wearing an N95 mask if they think that would protect them.  But it's good that it's not forced on people the way it is here. 

You know, Acton , my sadly departed buddy Tom from da Bronx used to joke " are we Americans ready for self-government?"

And then you read what jonny just posted.

And, there again , you see what that clown Boris gets away with in the UK!😂