3G in Restaurants?

4,312 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, AlexTr said:

In her rush to regain access to public places through having recovered, Czech folk singer dies of covid-19.

If I understand @Eric7 correctly, he´ll claim that her risk of dying from the vaccine would have been higher.

Actually, I was thinking of trying to get infected myself following my second booster (4th vaccination) because my thinking was it´s better to catch the virus now, as long as my antibody levels are high, than later, when they will have waned already, given that infection is unavoidable anyway. What made me change my mind is that Biotech said they´ll have an updated vaccine (protecting against Omicron) ready by March. So, I'll rather get that first.

7 minutes ago, jeba said:

Actually, I was thinking of trying to get infected myself following my second booster (4th vaccination) because my thinking was it´s better to catch the virus now, as long as my antibody levels are high, than later, when they will have waned already, given that infection is unavoidable anyway. 

That's a terrible idea. You are trying to boost your future defenses by getting infected. Problem is, long term protection by natural immunity is not guaranteed, so you're just risking yourself and risking others.

I ll come back with my own very unscientific theory based on observation. It s not the vaccine. It s the individual and his genetic profile. Some people gonna die or suffer bad no matter what jab they get.

Russian Roulette.

I get Jeba s logic. But it is not chicken pox. You only know afterwards how susceptible you (or your family) are. It could be ok. Or it could be a disaster. Speaking from experience I really do not recommend it. It s a high stakes gamble. Older males are not best placed when it comes to the odds.

Natural immunity may not be guarsnteed but you would hopefully have a head start at least in a future case of covid, unless it was a variant too far removed.

jeba, or anyone... please don't intentionally get infected! It's a dangerous disease. While it's true that the majority of people have a "mild" case, especially if they're vaccinated, "mild" only means you don't wind up in the hospital. For many, the symptoms are still pretty extreme. Worse, the virus can get into your organs, your brain, and stay in reservoirs in the body for weeks or months - a significant number of people get "long covid" even following a mild case, which can be seriously debilitating and cause long-term disability. Hopefully if you do get infected, you'll be one of the lucky ones. But don't push your luck! Also, we still need to "flatten the curve", that is, to delay and spread out whatever cases there are, over as long a time as possible, to reduce the load on the health care system.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

it´s better to catch the virus now, as long as my antibody levels are high, than later, when they will have waned already, given that infection is unavoidable anyway.

Catching the virus now doesn't mean you won't catch it later too. It's not a one-time thing. Re-infection is common, even more so with Omicron. Antibodies from infection wane about as fast as those from vaccination. And it's not "unavoidable". The WHO predicts that half of the people in Europe could have had an infection by spring. You can be in the other half! Take care.

Wow, genius. Someone did a blind Placebo study but not on vaccine efficacy, but on its side effects. The result:

Two-thirds of COVID-19 jab reactions caused by placebo effect - study

More than two-thirds of the common side-effects people experience after a coronavirus shot can be attributed to a negative version of the placebo effect rather than the vaccine itself, new research indicates.

Scientists at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston examined data from 12 clinical trials of COVID vaccines and found that the “nocebo effect” accounted for about 76% of all common adverse reactions after the first dose and nearly 52% after the second dose. One-third of clinical trial participants who received no vaccine reported systemic adverse advents like headache and fatigue.

So, basically, scaring by antivax terrorists cause fake side effects, and then side effects scare people from taking a booster dose. A perfect crime. 

2 hours ago, jeba said:

If I understand @Eric7 correctly, he´ll claim that her risk of dying from the vaccine would have been higher.

Ha ha, I never said that. :lol:

I quoted from the Pfizer study where before unblinding (after a whopping 2 months) 15 of the people who received the vaccine died compared to 14 in the placebo group.
After unblinding a further 5 people who had the vaccine died.

My "claim", if you want to call it that, is that further study is required, especially when people are pushing vaccine mandates.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

Wow, genius. Someone did a blind Placebo study but not on vaccine efficacy, but on its side effects. The result:

Two-thirds of COVID-19 jab reactions caused by placebo effect - study

So, basically, scaring by antivax terrorists cause fake side effects, and then side effects scare people from taking a booster dose. A perfect crime. 

Interesting, however I don't really consider headaches and fatigue to be side effects worth worrying much about, unless they persist for a long period of time of course.

2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

That's a terrible idea.

It would be a terrible idea if you could avoid infection. That´s an unrealistic expectation though. Therefore, I´d rather control the timing and have it when my level of immunity is high. It´s not as if you had a choice of voluntary infection or no infection.

20 minutes ago, jeba said:

It would be a terrible idea if you could avoid infection. That´s an unrealistic expectation though. Therefore, I´d rather control the timing and have it when my level of immunity is high. It´s not as if you had a choice of voluntary infection or no infection.

You do not need to make experiments yourself. Look at Ukraine. The vaccination rate is negligible, so you have good data on life without vaccines:

Capture.JPG.aff7229bd9b177ed4fc512a75b00

Of those 30% who go the vaccine, most got either Chinese SinoVax or Indian AstraZeneca, a tiny amount got mRNA. People are now getting reinfected with Omicron, cases are rising again. 

Note that the testing level is well below developed world, so multiply these numbers by ten. 

This is life with natural immunity. Whoever likes this can immigrate to Ukraine. A happy Ukrainian will come and take your place here in the "Merkel dictatorship":

Capture.JPG.aa27d918ba07f296af3c64d1cdad

Looks like the deaths in Ukraine are plummeting downwards while omicron is increasing. 

Good news for Ukraine. 

52 minutes ago, jeba said:

What to know one simple reason it's a terrible idea? Omicron is NOT dominant in germany, not yet.

So your terrible idea could get you Delta.

46 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Omicron is NOT dominant in germany,

Neither is jeba

38 minutes ago, Tap said:

Here's an interesting article about a Czech woman who died after deliberately catching Covid, so she would be free to go to events again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

So she was well enough to get dressed and go for a walk then 10 minutes later she choked to death.  Hmm. Doesn't sound like a typical case. 🤔 

I'm wondering if she should be in the 'with' category and not 'of'.

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So she was well enough to get dressed and go for a walk then 10 minutes later she choked to death.  Hmm. Doesn't sound like a typical case. 🤔 

If she was in the "without" category then she wouldn't be on any death list at all.

19 minutes ago, Jonny said:

9 minutes ago, bennetn said:

If she was in the "without" category then she wouldn't be on any death list at all.

If that was 10 mins after getting a vaccine you´d all be coming in your pants and proclaiming "see the vaccine is deadly".

omicron not dominant in Germany ??

It s going wild in France. I guess it will stop at the Rhine though.

21 minutes ago, optimista said:

omicron not dominant in Germany ??

It s going wild in France. I guess it will stop at the Rhine though.

So Omicron is not dominant in Germany then?

Your post makes no sense,if it is wild in France it doesn`t mean it is in Germany yet or do you have figures to show it is already here as well.

As Jeba was thinking about catching it when he heard about the Omicron booster (a couple of weeks ago) then it definitely was not dominant in Germany then although as Jeba is in Cyprus it doesn´t matter in that regard.

I wish people would stop coming on here trying to be smart,if you think someone is a fucking idiot then just call them a fucking idiot rather than trying to make yourself look superior and failing and just making yourself look like a smarmy c**t.

Now I´m guessing you´re going to comeback with something like "ok,then you´re a fucking idiot" which I may well be but you´ll still look like a smarmy c**t.

48 minutes ago, Keleth said:

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

58 minutes ago, bennetn said:

If that was 10 mins after getting a vaccine you´d all be coming in your pants and proclaiming "see the vaccine is deadly".

I certainly wouldn't, no idea why you're quoting me.