3G in Restaurants?

3,588 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Every time I see this, I think "2 out of 2" so finished. If it were 2/3, one would be lacking.

Israel is testing the second booster in clinical trials and Chile is offering a second as well.  The denominator keeps changing.

I hope my next boost is in June with an Omicron-version, but I think it will come sooner with the old one. I have 1x Johnson + 1x Moderna.

25 minutes ago, jeba said:

The concerns aren't based on how long the mRNA is still around but on how long it takes for the processes triggered by it to be completed. All this a bit murky and I don't think anybody knows the exact details you'd need to know in order to make a well founded decision.

I can't find a single study claiming it's an issue, so for the moment it's an unfundamented guess. The current main recommendation is not to take anything BEFORE the shot.

This reminds me of the grapefruit relation with chemotherapy. Forget Ibuprofen, something as innocent as a fruit can fuck up chemotherapy treatments, among others!

I'm sure many people avoided ibuprofen but gave no thoughts on grapefruit...

Grapefruit is unusual in that it has the potential to interact with many common drugs, from chemotherapy to medicines used to treat heart disease. So, it’s best to avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice until chemotherapy is completed.

Here is another list of grapefruit interaction: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20057918

35 minutes ago, catjones said:

Israel is testing the second booster in clinical trials and Chile is offering a second as well.  The denominator keeps changing.

I just saw on CNN that some results should come out today on the 4th jab in Israel. It seems that they only tested a couple hundred health care workers. Meanwhile, they can't get kids vaccinated fast enough and are expecting thousands of them to wind up in hospitals.

As for grapefruit, you also can't have it when you are on statin drugs. Himself found that out a few summers ago when he was drinking grapefruit Radler.

33 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I can't find a single study claiming it's an issue, so for the moment it's an unfundamented guess.

You can't really expect trials to have been performed already. Of course, it's a guess, but based on considerations plausible enough for me to not take ibuprofen. Especially as there are alternatives like paracetamol.

Everytime I had a jab (x3) I came home and shoveled 800mgs of Ibu into my mouth and went to bed.

Not a very scientific approach I agree but hey...

YMMV.

32 minutes ago, Chelski said:

Everytime I had a jab (x3) I came home and shoveled 800mgs of Ibu into my mouth and went to bed.

Not a very scientific approach I agree but hey...

YMMV.

I hear ya! I’m just saying that I listened to what they said at the Impfzentrum. I wasn’t in pain and ibuprofen makes my stomach a little queasy, so I only take it when needed.

I had a lot of wine, though. I’m terrified of needles and that calmed me down. I’m sure that couldn’t have been good, but I’m still standing. 

I have a high tolerance for pain. Anxiety, not so much. 

Tested negative today! All done with this and feeling ten times better and very grateful to have my health. 

Results are in from Israel. It appears that the 4th jab is insufficient to stop the spread of omicron.

I remember in the beginning that they said (I hate that term) that the mrna vaccines could be tweaked for different variations. I think I also read that Pfizer is coming out with a new omicron vaccine.

I guess that will become the 4th jab if it is approved.

1 hour ago, klingklang77 said:

I wasn’t in pain and ibuprofen makes my stomach a little queasy, so I only take it when needed.

Same here. Acid burn and shits for me. My doctor prescribes Pantoprazol to counteract my stomach reaction from the pills (legal or otherwise) I may consume. It works.

1 hour ago, klingklang77 said:

I have a high tolerance for pain.

Same here. That's why we're both still posting on Toytown.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Results are in from Israel. It appears that the 4th jab is insufficient to stop the spread of omicron.

I remember in the beginning that they said (I hate that term) that the mrna vaccines could be tweaked for different variations. I think I also read that Pfizer is coming out with a new omicron vaccine.

I guess that will become the 4th jab if it is approved.

Bleib im Stall ( as my Nicole says to me when I'm impatient!)... the 5th or 6th or 7th will work!

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Yes, their main research line were personalized cancer treatments.

Pfizer and Moderna will both have a vaccine ready before mid March and ready to start a boost in June. Perhaps earlier.

Meanwhile Portugal reached 94% of population with at least 1 vaccine. 

Number are rising like crazy, but fatality rate is dropping. Right now it's at 0.1%. I think it will still rise a bit for the next 4 weeks, but not much.

0.1% is around the same as the flu. Meaningless. 

ICU beds are still under control. I think this wave will end quickly.

Most of my friends in Portugal with kids got infected in the past 2 weeks, but all doing fine, some even without symptoms at all.

6 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

I hear ya! I’m just saying that I listened to what they said at the Impfzentrum. I wasn’t in pain and ibuprofen makes my stomach a little queasy, so I only take it when needed.

I had a lot of wine, though. I’m terrified of needles and that calmed me down. I’m sure that couldn’t have been good, but I’m still standing. 

I have a high tolerance for pain. Anxiety, not so much. 

Tested negative today! All done with this and feeling ten times better and very grateful to have my health. 

I must have been lucky, 2 shots of Astrazenica, no problem just some minor pain round in the injection area (worse on the 2nd) but absolutely nothing at all with the Bion-Tech booster.

Good to hear you are on the mend.:)

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Meanwhile Portugal reached 94% of population with at least 1 vaccine. 

Number are rising like crazy, but fatality rate is dropping.

The UK is looking hopeful too the infection and death rates are dropping rapidly. They claim  63% of over 12s have been boosted, early days but seems to be working!

Here's an interview with the Israeli vaccine chief.  Perhaps giving us a glimpse of what to expect in the next few months. 

3g in restaurants will hopefully be a thing of the past due to omicron. 

In her rush to regain access to public places through having recovered, Czech folk singer dies of covid-19.

Veteran folk singer Hana Horká died Sunday of COVID-19 after intentionally exposing herself to the virus in an ill-advised self-immunization attempt. She was 57 years old.

The Czech musician’s passing was confirmed by her son Jan Rek, who told Prague Morning that she “preferred to catch the disease than get vaccinated.”

Her fatal goal: to regain access to her favorite off-limits sources of entertainment.

Per her son’s account, Horká, lead vocalist for the popular international band Asonance, had wanted a “recovery pass” to the sauna and theater in her native Czech Republic, where either proof of vaccination or a recent infection is required to access specific cultural venues, the BBC reported.

Horká, who hadn’t gotten the shot, saw an opportunity for the latter after both Rek and his father caught the virus over Christmas despite being vaccinated. Instead of self-isolating, she deliberately hung around the infected family members.

The vocalist revealed her COVID-catching scheme on social media, claiming she was recovering well from the disease.

“I survived… It was intense,” Horká wrote in the post, according to local news outlets. “So now there will be the theater, sauna, a concert… and an urgent trip to the sea.”

“Life is here for me and for you too,” she added.

Two days later, the folk artist reportedly died due to coronavirus complications, with her son reporting that she “choked to death” within 10 minutes.

Rek has since blamed the anti-vaxxer movement for her loss, noting that his mom frequently shared anti-vaccine articles to social media.

“I know exactly who influenced her,” said the bereaved son, who reportedly tried to convince Horká to get immunized to no avail. “It makes me sad that she believed strangers more than her proper family.”

On 1/17/2022, 6:11:05, fraufruit said:

I just saw on CNN that some results should come out today on the 4th jab in Israel. It seems that they only tested a couple hundred health care workers. Meanwhile, they can't get kids vaccinated fast enough and are expecting thousands of them to wind up in hospitals.

The antibody level fades every month. What those boosters do is restore their level to original amount right after vaccination.

All the critics is about current vaccine being less effective against Omicron. That might be well true, but first, Delta is not really away. And second, the lower efficiency actually means that booster is required for people with weaker immune system!

Another critics is that fourth booster weakens the immune system. That also well might be true, Omicron is not only highly contagious, it has higher reinfection risk.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/but-i-just-had-covid-why-omicron-is-driving-up-reinfection-rate-1.4777988