3G in Restaurants?

3,822 posts in this topic

On 15/01/2022, 11:52:06, pappnase said:

OK So reporting back on the 'J&J' + booster situation here in Bremen.

I went to get my second booster today and they turned me away. Told me that I need to be at least 3 months after my last shot before they can give me another.

So I guess that means that for the next two weeks of I need 2G+ it's a case of arguing at the door or getting a test.

Still right now my wife is home so I'm not going anywhere that needs 2G+ anyway, I can wait but it is a frustrating time.

I felt so clever opting for J&J first go cos it would be a "1 and done" thing.

But 2G+ in Bremen includes being within 3 months of your last vaccination.  Are they not accepting that?

14 minutes ago, sluzup said:

But 2G+ in Bremen includes being within 3 months of your last vaccination.  Are they not accepting that?

After some arguments yes. It was the arguments I wanted to avoid.

48 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

I had Pfizer 1 and 2nd.After the second shot i was unwell with sore arm for a day .Last Friday I was boosterd with moderna. My god, by evening my arm became very sore. During night, chills , fever and head ache. Whole saturday also I suffered .  I took some ibuprofen atleast to go to the supermarket. Today all good . 

Just take ibu as soon as you have some pain!

I don't understand why people do it as a last option.

I took 3 or 4 over 2 days and barely felt the side effects.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Just take ibu as soon as you have some pain!

I don't understand why people do it as a last option.

I took 3 or 4 over 2 days and barely felt the side effects.

When I went to the impfzentrum I was told not to take anything for the pain the first day. 

anyone hazzard a guess on how many cats are Covid+.in Germany.  Should'nt we be doing tests on them, as vector for transmission imagine they could be spreading quite easily to their human companions without them even realizing. I did hear a cat sneezing the other day.

2 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

When I went to the impfzentrum I was told not to take anything for the pain the first day. 

Yeah, there were warnings a year ago not to take ibu, but these were disregarded since early summer, at least for mRNA vaccines.

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Yeah, there were warnings a year ago not to take ibu, but these were disregarded since early summer, at least for mRNA vaccines.

I don´t know what the revocation of that warning is based on, as in theory, it´s well conceivable that ibuprofen can interact with the body´s reaction to the vaccine due to it´s anti-inflammatory action. But nobody really knows. I would avoid taking nonsteroidal painkillers and if I really, really couldn´t do without I´d prefer paracetamol as it has less anti-inflammatory properties (other than what you´d think for such a widely used drug, the mode of action is still unclear though).

24 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

There were concerns but nothing was proved. You can actually measure the antibody levels to see the effect.

jeba may be a racist SoB but I´ll take his medical knowledge over yours.

When I got my first vaccine, the doctor told me I should take ibuprofen rather than paracetamol, if I needed it.  Happily, I didn't need either, but I see the advice is still very mixed.

On 1/15/2022, 11:52:06, pappnase said:

OK So reporting back on the 'J&J' + booster situation here in Bremen.

I went to get my second booster today and they turned me away. Told me that I need to be at least 3 months after my last shot before they can give me another.

So I guess that means that for the next two weeks of I need 2G+ it's a case of arguing at the door or getting a test.

Still right now my wife is home so I'm not going anywhere that needs 2G+ anyway, I can wait but it is a frustrating time.

I felt so clever opting for J&J first go cos it would be a "1 and done" thing.

My wife is in the same boat, it's ridiculous.  J&J last summer (which tbh, allowed easy travel so can't really complain) got a booster in December but cert shows 2/2 so always a discussion where she has to now show private information to gain access.  Now 2G plus a bigger discussion as she can't get boosted again yet.

2G plus provides no real benefit and is increasing vaccine hesitancy, it's a stupid rule badly implemented which feeds the trolls.

9 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I also think it is not of much concern . My betriebsarztin was very thorough during the pre vaccination talk. She discussed and warned about many side effects i may encounter. If ibuprofen or paracetamol is of any concern she would have warned me, i think.

Yeah so here is some more booster related stuff from ZDF (In german sorry), this seems to say that I'm 'boosted' here in Bremen because my last vax was < 3 months ago.

However the hospital is in Niedersachsen and I have no clue as to the rules there, so I guess if Bettina goes back into hospital I'll be back to the regular testing regimen.

There needs to be some national agreement on this if it's actually going to work.

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/corona-booster-impfung-regelungen-100.html

Weitere Ausnahmen in Baden-Württemberg und Bremen

Besonders viele weitere Ausnahmen bei der Testpflicht und dem "Booster"-Status gibt es nach der ZDFheute-Umfrage in Baden-Württemberg und Bremen. Hier gelten auch Genesene ohne jeglichen Impfschutz als geboostert, deren PCR-Nachweis der Infektion mit dem Coronavirus nicht länger als drei Monate zurückliegt.

Und auch Personen die "nur" vollständig geimpft sind, ihre letzte Impfung aber weniger als drei Monate zurückliegt, gelten als "geboostert" im Sinne der 2G-Plus-Regelung. Ebenfalls von der Testpflicht dieser Regelung befreit sind Personen, für die eine Auffrischungsimpfung von der Ständigen Impfkommission nicht empfohlen ist, also Kinder und Jugendliche unter 18 Jahren* und Schwangere im ersten Schwangerschaftsdrittel.

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

cert shows 2/2

Every time I see this, I think "2 out of 2" so finished. If it were 2/3, one would be lacking.

In Niedersachsen it is complicated as it depends on the Landkreis.  But I think the 2G+ got thrown out in Niedersachsen so you should be ok.  

3 hours ago, jubinjohn said:

I also think it is not of much concern . My betriebsarztin was very thorough during the pre vaccination talk. She discussed and warned about many side effects i may encounter. If ibuprofen or paracetamol is of any concern she would have warned me, i think.

My understanding is that ibu after several hours is perfectly fine with mRNA because the effect of the vaccine is achieved very quickly, as mRNA will dissolve within 8 hours or so.

So taking ibu before is probably not a good idea because there is no advantage, but several hours later, when it starts to hurt, should be ok. In my case, I took a pill 12h-16h after the shot.

As an interesting detail, the mRNA leftovers stay mostly on the arm muscle and the associated lymph nodes. They don't actually spread much across the body, which is one more argument against anti-vaxxers.

2 hours ago, sluzup said:

In Niedersachsen it is complicated as it depends on the Landkreis

TY.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Every time I see this, I think "2 out of 2" so finished. If it were 2/3, one would be lacking.

Yes, fully vaccinated if Pfizer/Moderna but boostered if J&J.  It should have been 3/3 to remove any ambiguity and not have to explain the process to someone who, frankly, doesn't care or understand and just wants to see 3/3 or you're not geting in

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

My understanding is that ibu after several hours is perfectly fine with mRNA because the effect of the vaccine is achieved very quickly, as mRNA will dissolve within 8 hours or so.

The concerns aren't based on how long the mRNA is still around but on how long it takes for the processes triggered by it to be completed. In these processes the formation of prostaglandines is involved and ibuprofen is an inhibotor of the formation of those. Paracetamol not so much. This is why I'd feel more at ease with the latter. The level of antibodies achieved may or may not be a good indicator of efficacy as it doesn't necessarily tell you about the cellular response. All this a bit murky and I don't think anybody knows the exact details you'd need to know in order to make a well founded decision.