3G in Restaurants?

3,771 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

How long do the PCR results take? 

I've heard from several hours up to 24 hours just now!

12 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

Yes, the KBV (or is KVB?) came last night

Oh brilliant! So glad you had some assistance and now a plan.

My kids had their PCR test results back in about half a day but within a day was the expectation, unless super busy etc.

Which is not bad. Kid#2 got his day 2 test on return to the UK, did it, sent it back and has heard nothing since. Robbers. 

5 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

the KBV (or is KVB?)

KVB = "Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Bayern". That´s the organisation running (among other things) the" kassenärztlichen Notfalldienst", a member of which visited you.

The KBV would be the "Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung" which is the federal association of the "kassenärztliche Vereinigungen" of the federal states.

Just got caught up with the recent news, but not everything is clear for me yet.

I was vaccinated with J&J in my home country, it was supposed to be valid one year. So 6 more months in my case.

Now I read that J&J got downgraded, or what? Does it mean I cannot use public transport because I'm not fully vaccinated according to new rules? Am I treated like non-vaccinated person now?

To be honest, I don't care about restaurants and I don't want any covid-tracking apps on my handy. How can I tell if my QR code is sufficient?

You have to look on your local Ampt's website, they would have all their covid rules there. Depends on where you live and what you want to do...think 1 Johnson="vaccinated", but most places want another vaccination="booster" if vaccination was more than 3 months ago. "Booster" is where its at now. In your case you are "boosted" if you get 1 mRNA, unless you live in Bayern then you need 2 to be "geboostered". Article also mentions optional "auffrischung" after booster, so I expect "auffgefrischst" or some such will be the next status.

@overdriven according to the WHO your vaccine is effective for one year after the date you got it.  Confusingly,  countries and regions treat it differently.  Bavaria (and possibly Germany) says it's only valid for 9 months after getting it.  If you've not been boosted you can still do most things but for some you need an additional test - whereas if you're boosted and have covid - you don't. 

Austria as of 3rd January say you're not allowed in since they seem to have become a bit more shall we say,  authoritarian. 

In Germany you can still go to restaurants and travel on public transport and visit some less authoritarian countries. 

You have the choice of getting boosted immediately with an mRNA vaccine or waiting for natural infection from Omicron which seems to be coming for everyone regardless of their vaccination status. 

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

@overdriven according to the WHO your vaccine is effective for one year after the date you got it.

Are you still not acknowledging that there is a difference between infection and disease? You're becoming a nuisance.

4 minutes ago, jeba said:

Are you still not acknowledging that there is a difference between infection and disease? You're becoming a nuisance.

Of course there is.  You can be 'asymptomatic' or very mild which seems to account for the majority of 'cases' and you can be in hospital with a proper, old definition of a case.

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Of course there is.  You can be 'asymptomatic' or very mild which seems to account for the majority of 'cases' and you can be in hospital with a proper, old definition of a case.

OK, and are you also acknowledging that the vaccines do protect against severe disease and need of hospitalisation?

3 hours ago, overdriven said:

To be honest, I don't care about restaurants and I don't want any covid-tracking apps on my handy. How can I tell if my QR code is sufficient?

The CovPass app stores your certificates and does no tracking. Simple.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

waiting for natural infection from Omicron

should add ..."validated by pcr test" otherwise doesn't count. 

PCR or it didn't happen

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

You have the choice of getting boosted immediately with an mRNA vaccine or waiting for natural infection from Omicron which seems to be coming for everyone regardless of their vaccination status. 

So which is it Prof. Jonny? You said that the mRNA vaccine is useless against Omicron, so why would getting an mRNA vaccine now stop him from getting Omicron in the future?

That's what I did. I have J&J and a booster mRNA and now I have covid.

Seriously, why should someone not get a vaccine?

6 minutes ago, ZA1234 said:

should add ..."validated by pcr test" otherwise doesn't count. 

PCR or it didn't happen

That's an important point. I found out that I had covid by pure chance. I just did a schnelltest at home before meeting friends. PCR confirmed the positive. Since the second day of quarantine, I have been testing negative again with the schnelltests. I am asymptomatic. It really was pure luck that I ever found out. I am believing the reports that most people will get omicron in the next months, whether they know it or not.

23 minutes ago, theGman said:

So which is it Prof. Jonny? You said that the mRNA vaccine is useless against Omicron, so why would getting an mRNA vaccine now stop him from getting Omicron in the future?

I didn't say that.  I posted an interview where the CEO of Pfizer said it. 

15 hours ago, Jonny said:

Given the current Pfizer product was made for the initial variant which has now disappeared, I don't see how it's relevant for the current variants. 

Police reported that while trying to cross a very busy road Mr J. Smith dodged out of the way of an Omnicycle only to be hit by a double decker Delta bus!:D

38 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I didn't say that.  I posted an interview where the CEO of Pfizer said it. 

Still saying that?   You claimed Pfizer CEO said something he didn't.   We watched the video, we heard what he actually said.

What exactly did you hear him say ? Did we watch the same video ? Can you explain what he meant then ?

Edit: OK I watched it again.  He says 2 doses hardly provide protection but 3 doses offer REASONABLE protection against hospitalizations and death. 

So is that for old,  fat , vulnerable people ? Apparently being younger than 40 also offers REASONABLE protection against hospitalization and death. 

Well, do you want reasonable protection?

If you could have reasonable protection from two sources wouldn't you want them both?

It seems like a complete no-brainer.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

So is that for old,  fat , vulnerable people

You still don´t get it, do you? There are around 30 million unvaccinated people in Germany. If only 0.5% of those catch corona and need to go to hospital that would be 150000 patients. Do you think the hospitals will cope without problems even for vaccinated who might need them for other reasons than corona (and some for corona, too)?