3G in Restaurants?

3,554 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pappnase said:

No I'm using the cov-pass app, and it says 'complete' but my phone is in english and when they check it says '2 of 2' so they assume I am not boosted.

Luca says the same.

Interesting. I also had J&J and then a Biontech "booster" and my cov-pass app actually says "3 of 3".

37 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So what was misleading ? I posted the link of an interview with the CEO of Pfizer. 

I am FULLY vaccinated.  I even had a yellow fever vaccine way back. I'm not missing any.  So it's not that I don't like vaccines but I'm concerned at how politicians are pushing the covid ones.  The science is definitely not settled otherwise there would be agreement across all nations whereas there is not. ie  U.S. is trying to force 2 covid vaccinations on kids whereas other countries suggest 1 and others suggest only vaxxing kids at risk. 

And let's not forget that these companies have commercial interests in pushing their products and ramping up the fear factor.  

Misleading in the way that was pointed out above.  It relates to Omicron infection only.  A variant.  A new one.   Can be reduced by booster. A specific booster is in development.

You want to take out only one part of the whole conversation, fine but don't edit it to suit your agenda.

Today I woke up to the front page of the paper saying starting today we can only wear FFP2 masks in stores.  Headed to Edeka and the same old OP sign 😷 was there and most workers, as well as customers, had the surgical ones.  🤪

1 hour ago, vulturesquadron said:

Do you consider everyone who is hesitant to get vaccinated a clown?

Not everyone who has concerns over the vaccines is a nazi/conspiracy theorist/piss-drinker!

What about some plausible situations people face:

- a woman who plans to get pregnant... there are reports of menstrual cycles being disregulated after vaccination, heavy bleeding and so on, which may delay things. Give the timeline for boosters, one may be needed later during pregnancy, so that also needs to be kept in mind. Guidance is evolving as new data comes out (https://www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/fragen-und-antworten/alles-rund-um-die-impfung/die-corona-schutzimpfung-in-schwangerschaft-stillzeit-und-bei-kinderwunsch/#tab-4836-0). So far studies suggest no additional risk of miscarriage, but we are in early days and more research is ongoing. The guidance is that the risks of catching Covid while pregnant outweigh the risks of vaccination, but there are risks either way.

- a healthy 18 year old guy... maybe he is aware of the elevated risk of myocarditis for his age group, and has noticed the spate of athletes collapsing. He is also at very low risk from Covid. Bear in mind, the guidance is evolving as this is essentially a huge ongoing experiment, e.g. Moderna now not recommended for those under 30 (https://www.swr.de/wissen/stiko-aendert-empfehlung-moderna-impfstoff-fuer-unter-30-jaehrige-100.html).

- someone who had the first two doses, had a bad reaction after the second one... now their vaccine passport is expiring as they are due a booster. Maybe a doctor will give them a medical exemption, maybe not?

To be clear, I am not suggesting that in such cases people should not get vaccinated. All I am saying is that there are valid concerns people may have.

Like I said, fuck these clowns.

1 hour ago, vulturesquadron said:

Do you consider everyone who is hesitant to get vaccinated a clown?

Not everyone who has concerns over the vaccines is a nazi/conspiracy theorist/piss-drinker!

What about some plausible situations people face:

- a woman who plans to get pregnant... there are reports of menstrual cycles being disregulated after vaccination, heavy bleeding and so on, which may delay things. Give the timeline for boosters, one may be needed later during pregnancy, so that also needs to be kept in mind. Guidance is evolving as new data comes out (https://www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/fragen-und-antworten/alles-rund-um-die-impfung/die-corona-schutzimpfung-in-schwangerschaft-stillzeit-und-bei-kinderwunsch/#tab-4836-0). So far studies suggest no additional risk of miscarriage, but we are in early days and more research is ongoing. The guidance is that the risks of catching Covid while pregnant outweigh the risks of vaccination, but there are risks either way.

- a healthy 18 year old guy... maybe he is aware of the elevated risk of myocarditis for his age group, and has noticed the spate of athletes collapsing. He is also at very low risk from Covid. Bear in mind, the guidance is evolving as this is essentially a huge ongoing experiment, e.g. Moderna now not recommended for those under 30 (https://www.swr.de/wissen/stiko-aendert-empfehlung-moderna-impfstoff-fuer-unter-30-jaehrige-100.html).

- someone who had the first two doses, had a bad reaction after the second one... now their vaccine passport is expiring as they are due a booster. Maybe a doctor will give them a medical exemption, maybe not?

To be clear, I am not suggesting that in such cases people should not get vaccinated. All I am saying is that there are valid concerns people may have.

There exists a small minority of people who cannot be vaccinated. This has been the case since vaccines existed. Which is even more of a reason that the other 99% do get vaccinated.

The reason why moderna is not recommended for under 30s is because alternatives exist. If they did not, then moderna would be recommended for under 30s because the benefits far, far, far outweigh the extremely rare risk.

Just like the musings of Prof. Jonny...the internet research of Prof. Vulture is not going to uncover any enlightening new evidence that hundreds of thousands of actual professional researchers do not already know about. You keep "just asking questions" like the experts haven't already considered these things. They have.

1 hour ago, theGman said:

Interesting. I also had J&J and then a Biontech "booster" and my cov-pass app actually says "3 of 3".

Very interesting. I guess thats just a problem with the way my certificate was generated then. How queer.

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

Misleading in the way that was pointed out above.  It relates to Omicron infection only.  A variant.  A new one.   Can be reduced by booster. A specific booster is in development.

You want to take out only one part of the whole conversation, fine but don't edit it to suit your agenda.

If you look at every post I made today you'll see I mentioned the Omicron variant every time. It's thought that this will be the dominant variant in Europe over the next few weeks which will wipe out all others.  Given the current Pfizer product was made for the initial variant which has now disappeared, I don't see how it's relevant for the current variants. 

So I'll wait until the new Omicron vax comes out or better still,  Novavax which seems to be a better vaccine all round. 

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

...or better still,  Novavax which seems to be a better vaccine all round. 

©️ Prof. Jonny 🤓

47 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Novavax which seems to be a better vaccine all round.

1.Offers 86% efficacy.

2.Company likely to make billions off of it and having already received 2bn in grants.

3.You also need a 3rd shot of this as a "booster" especially against omicron.

4.It has only been in development since Jan 2021.

How can it call itself a vaccine if it´s only 86% efficacy eh.

Yet these things you have been claiming throughout this thread are things against a vaccine but this one sends tingles throughout your nether regions.

I hope it does prove to be "the" vaccine but ffs you´re a bellend aren´t you.

59 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So I'll wait until the new Omicron vax comes out or better still, 

This isn´t worthy of commenting on but I will anyway...

"it´s no worse than the flu","you´ll be fine""people are scared of Covid but not me""I´ll go and get Covid then won`t need the vaccine".

"Oh I´ve had the vaccine but I`m still going to be anti vax and make a complete muppet of myself rather than just admit I was scared of Covid too"

And now you want to get a booster,FFS you couldn't make it up.

2 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Today I woke up to the front page of the paper saying starting today we can only wear FFP2 masks in stores.  Headed to Edeka and the same old OP sign 😷 was there and most workers, as well as customers, had the surgical ones.  🤪

It'll take time to sink in.  Where I live, doctors were already saying at the start of December that next time you  better wear an FFP2 mask or we will not let you in.  I went on Monday to get a prescription and everybody was wearing an FFP2.  We are also wearing FFP2 in the stores since xmas or so.  My last grocery store trip, the cashier was wearing an FFP2 but  with her nose sticking out :-/

We've only worn FFP2 in public since the beginning. None of my doctors or clinics allowed anything less. I mean, why wouldn't you when it is the best protection?

Oh, wait a minute. We've had this discussion before. Can't breathe, etc.

I've worn FFP2 ever since they were mandated the first time, long long ago. It feels good that I am protected, too.

45 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I mean, why wouldn't you when it is the best protection?

It doesn´t. FFP2 retains 95% of virus particles, FFP3 99%.

28 minutes ago, jeba said:

It doesn´t. FFP2 retains 95% of virus particles, FFP3 99%.

Darth Vader mask: 100% 🤣.

On 11/01/2022, 19:00:13, klingklang77 said:

Actually, I’m good with food, but thanks so much! I got hello fresh last week and have tons in the freezer and lots in the pantry! 

I’m feeling better now. The KVB never called back. I’m just going to rest now. 

Any news from your side @klingklang77?

1 hour ago, theGman said:

Any news from your side @klingklang77?

Yes, the KBV (or is KVB?) came last night to give me some immediate anti-anxiety medicine and a prescription for more. My local Apotheke delivered the prescription for me today. I’m feeling much better and it’s just a bad head cold now. I had to do some work at home today for a freelance job I have (not the contract one) and I’m going tomorrow for my PCR. 

How long do the PCR results take? 

Thanks for asking!