3G in Restaurants?

3,588 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

As one article stated, when you think it’s 2G it’s really 3G (Geimpft, Genesen, oder Gefälscht).  Food for thought.

Given the option of getting a vaccination for free with all the protection it gives, or paying for an illegal forged vaccination certificate and all the dangers that could bring...

How stupid do you need to be?

Much of Bremen is 2g+ now but because my first jab was J&J I'm constantly having to explain that I'm already boosted, and/or get tested.

So I just went to the registration site and I've registered for another booster on Saturday anyway.

It's gonna be a lot easier explaining 3 jabs and I really can't be arsed with arguing at the door to various places anymore.

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Please correct me if my understanding of German was wrong.

I had the J&J vax in October. Yesterday I read that in order to be considered 'geboosted' I now need to take 2 doses of an mRNA vaccine l

Seems to really be the case in Bayern.

Geimpft mit Johnson & Johnson

Für alle, die zunächst eine Impfung mit dem Vakzin von Johnson & Johnson erhalten hat, bleibt es laut Holetschek dabei: Sie brauchen vorerst zwei weitere Spritzen mit einem mRNA-Impfstoff (Biontech oder Moderna), um als geboostert zu gelten. Geraten wird zur zweiten Impfung nach vier Wochen und zur Auffrischung frühestens nach weiteren drei Monaten.

But it seems like in 4 weeks you count as boosted?

I calculate 2 mRNA after Johnson = "geboostert", and 2nd Impfung can be 4 weeks after 1st. And it seems that the booster impfung is valid immediately now (same article), so I calculate 4 weeks in the current rules for you? 

3 months is "Auffrischung". Perhaps a heads up that in 3 months things will change. (Geimpft, geboostert, auffgefrischt???)

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/neue-regeln-beschlossen-wer-gilt-in-bayern-als-geboostert-gilt,Su3QgZl

But in other Bundesländer its different: https://www.swp.de/panorama/corona-booster-johnson-und-johnson-impfung-bayern-baden-wuerttemberg-61972781.html

Booster-Status in Bundesländern unterschiedlich

Für den offiziellen Booster-Status gelten in den Bundesländern unterschiedliche Voraussetzungen. In Baden-Württemberg, Niedersachsen und Rheinland-Pfalz ist nach einer Erstimpfung mit Johnson & Johnson nur eine weitere Impfung mit einem mRNA-Impfstoff (also Biontech oder Moderna) notwendig. Bayern handhabt die Beurteilung strenger und orientiert sich an der Empfehlung des RKI: Hier sollen Johnson & Johnson-Geimpfte zwei weitere Vakzine bekommen, also insgesamt drei Injektionen. Ab dem 15. Tag nach der dritten Impfung gelten Erstgeimpfte mit Johnson & Johnson dann als geboostert.

28 minutes ago, pappnase said:

Much of Bremen is 2g+ now but because my first jab was J&J I'm constantly having to explain that I'm already boosted, and/or get tested.

So I just went to the registration site and I've registered for another booster on Saturday anyway.

It's gonna be a lot easier explaining 3 jabs and I really can't be arsed with arguing at the door to various places anymore.

Are you using the Cov-Pass app if so what does it say? On mine it displays a single certificate QR code with the words "Complete Since" + the date of the booster jab

No confusion or explanation necessary.

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

Given the option of getting a vaccination for free with all the protection it gives, or paying for an illegal forged vaccination certificate and all the dangers that could bring...

Whether we like it or not, many others don’t agree.  Thus a rather easy to penetrate market for false passes has cropped up all over the place, as has a market for reselling the unused vaccine (after the saline injection and first pass were distributed). Governments have no time to police these schemes.  

How stupid do you need to be?

The danger of getting caught is not so high, and every uncovered fraud points to many more that are undetected.  I was naive on this until I read more and talked to people from Eastern European countries.  😕  Erect a barrier and people will search for the way around it.

40 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Erect a barrier and people will search for the way around it.

There is no barrier, the vaccine is free to all living in Germany and as far as I am aware all other EU counties, you have to be really stupid not to have it but if you don't agree that is OK also but falsely claiming to be vaccinated and forging documents to back up false claims is another level of idiocy that is completely OTT.

15 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

There is no barrier, the vaccine is free to all living in Germany and as far as I am aware all other EU counties, you have to be really stupid not to have it but if you don't agree that is OK also but falsely claiming to be vaccinated and forging documents to back up false claims is another level of idiocy that is completely OTT.

54 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I was naive on this until I read more and talked to people from Eastern European countries.

Quite a few people in Ukraine bought vaccine certificates, got Corona, very severe. After recovering rushed to get the vaccine but got refused because they are already marked as vaccinated in the database. There must be a special Darwin award equivalent for such cases. 

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

Are you using the Cov-Pass app if so what does it say? On mine it displays a single certificate QR code with the words "Complete Since" + the date of the booster jab

No confusion or explanation necessary.

Cov pass says the same but you can go into and look at all your certificates if you want to.

37 minutes ago, LeonG said:

Cov pass says the same but you can go into and look at all your certificates if you want to.

I know but I have never had anyone check beyond the initial display, why would they need to it is enough. Hence my original question, maybe @pappnase is using a hard copy vaccination booklet.

7 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I know but I have never had anyone check beyond the initial display, why would they need to it is enough. Hence my original question, maybe @pappnase is using a hard copy vaccination booklet.

That's because they only need to scan the most recent certificate (and check that it matches the name on your ID) for verification. The previous certificates remain saved in the app, but are not relevant for verification.

To access them, tap the certificate that is displayed initially and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.

9 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

maybe @pappnase is using a hard copy vaccination booklet.

No I'm using the cov-pass app, and it says 'complete' but my phone is in english and when they check it says '2 of 2' so they assume I am not boosted.

Luca says the same.

Obviously 2g+ where + means test is fine, but 2g+ where the + means booster is causing me some annoyance. In the end I don't care I clicked the button and got an appointment pretty quickly, I could have been jabbed today but I don't want to miss work, so I'll get it at the weekend.

New certificate should then say 3/3 and then even the dumbest of door checkers will understand. 

Right now I'm spending too much time in and out of hospitals and I just want to streamline the process, so if that means another jab then it's just the easier solution.

11 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

J&J recipients are now encouraged to get 2 boosters so you could say that they lost their edge of only getting one shot initially.

6 minutes ago, pappnase said:

Right now I'm spending too much time in and out of hospitals and I just want to streamline the process, so if that means another jab then it's just the easier solution.

Absolutely.

I hope this saves you at least some stress at the moment.

10 minutes ago, LeonG said:

J&J recipients are now encouraged to get 2 boosters so you could say that they lost their edge of only getting one shot initially.

Yes.  2 shots of an mRNA vaccine.  Which as explained by the CEO of Pfizer above offers little to no protection.  Perhaps on top of a J&J it might offer better protection but I'm not sure if he'd really know the fine details of a commercial competitor. 

He's also probably gearing up for his new product - the Omicron booster- which should sell like hotcakes and make even more money. 

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yes.  2 shots of an mRNA vaccine.  Which as explained by the CEO of Pfizer above offers little to no protection.  Perhaps on top of a J&J it might offer better protection but I'm not sure if he'd really know the fine details of a commercial competitor. 

He's also probably gearing up for his new product - the Omicron booster- which should sell like hotcakes and make even more money. 

We get it, you don't like vaccines.  Fine, but stop misleading bollocks to make yourself feel better.

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

Fair play to Quebec. Fuck these clowns.

Do you consider everyone who is hesitant to get vaccinated a clown?

Not everyone who has concerns over the vaccines is a nazi/conspiracy theorist/piss-drinker!

What about some plausible situations people face:

- a woman who plans to get pregnant... there are reports of menstrual cycles being disregulated after vaccination, heavy bleeding and so on, which may delay things. Give the timeline for boosters, one may be needed later during pregnancy, so that also needs to be kept in mind. Guidance is evolving as new data comes out (https://www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/fragen-und-antworten/alles-rund-um-die-impfung/die-corona-schutzimpfung-in-schwangerschaft-stillzeit-und-bei-kinderwunsch/#tab-4836-0). So far studies suggest no additional risk of miscarriage, but we are in early days and more research is ongoing. The guidance is that the risks of catching Covid while pregnant outweigh the risks of vaccination, but there are risks either way.

- a healthy 18 year old guy... maybe he is aware of the elevated risk of myocarditis for his age group, and has noticed the spate of athletes collapsing. He is also at very low risk from Covid. Bear in mind, the guidance is evolving as this is essentially a huge ongoing experiment, e.g. Moderna now not recommended for those under 30 (https://www.swr.de/wissen/stiko-aendert-empfehlung-moderna-impfstoff-fuer-unter-30-jaehrige-100.html).

- someone who had the first two doses, had a bad reaction after the second one... now their vaccine passport is expiring as they are due a booster. Maybe a doctor will give them a medical exemption, maybe not?

To be clear, I am not suggesting that in such cases people should not get vaccinated. All I am saying is that there are valid concerns people may have.

16 minutes ago, vulturesquadron said:

Not everyone who has concerns over the vaccines is a nazi/conspiracy theorist/piss-drinker!

Because the fourth group would be vegan-hippie-neo-Marxist snowflakes and the fifth group will be discriminated minorities. Science relies mostly on government funding. That does not mean that scientists do what the government instructs them to: after all, in strong democracies researchers are protected from being fired for "inconvenient" opinions. However, in the eyes of those 5 groups science=government=not to be trusted. 

In Israel the highest percentage of anti-vaxxers are among Arabic and Russian native speakers. I wonder if there is such statistics in Germany: I would bet that native speakers of Turkish and Russian will also have a higher antivaxx percentage. The reason is simple. 

9 minutes ago, bennetn said:

We get it, you don't like vaccines.  Fine, but stop misleading bollocks to make yourself feel better.

So what was misleading ? I posted the link of an interview with the CEO of Pfizer. 

I am FULLY vaccinated.  I even had a yellow fever vaccine way back. I'm not missing any.  So it's not that I don't like vaccines but I'm concerned at how politicians are pushing the covid ones.  The science is definitely not settled otherwise there would be agreement across all nations whereas there is not. ie  U.S. is trying to force 2 covid vaccinations on kids whereas other countries suggest 1 and others suggest only vaxxing kids at risk. 

And let's not forget that these companies have commercial interests in pushing their products and ramping up the fear factor.  

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So what was misleading ?

Your claim that the vaccines don't work even though it has been pointed out to you time and time again that while there is little protection against infection they still offer significant protection against severe disease. How you can ignore that last bit is beyond me. As if protection against severe disease was irrelevant.