3G in Restaurants?

3,554 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

BuT the VaCCiNeS dON't WOrK!

Yeh, Richard Ashcroft had the same idea...

... and wrote a mighty fine song about it. ;)

2 hours ago, Chelski said:

Unfortunately, as I posted above it's not

You really should report them you know, because 

2 hours ago, Chelski said:

Because this is Germany and everyone always...

8 hours ago, pappnase said:

You really should report them you know, because 

... we want to get back to the 'old' normal ? Where people had to be ultra vigilant of others in case their neighbours reported them to the Stasi ?  Pardon me for repeating myself but some of the people on this thread scare me. 

If you're uncomfortable in a restaurant where your papers aren't checked - go to a different one !!! There's nothing stopping you.

If you're uncomfortable around people not wearing masks , move away from them

If you're uncomfortable walking into a shop where they don't force you to wear a mask - wear one.

I've had to leave restaurants where someone was smoking - to lessen my risks of lung diseases. It's their choice to smoke and it's my choice to leave.

19 hours ago, bennetn said:

The baseline vaccination should be followed and if a modified booster targeted to Omicrom is made available then I'm sure they'll make it available.

Please correct me if my understanding of German was wrong.

I had the J&J vax in October. Yesterday I read that in order to be considered 'geboosted' I now need to take 2 doses of an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer (where yesterday the CEO admitted that it offers "little if any protection" against Omicron - his words not mine) .  These 2 doses need to be taken a minimum of 3 months apart.  I'm not sure if I need a 3rd shot after that.

So for me to be considered 'geboosted' now will take 3.5 months - taking me into spring when for the last 2 years the infection rates have come down anyway. 

Needless to say, after complying once, I'm reluctant to comply again.

2 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

is it not 2G everywhere at the moment?  It is in Bavaria, fwiw.

No, it´s 1 G everywhere - G, like "genervt" (tbh, that joke isn´t from me)

49 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would suggest that your general understanding on this subject needs correcting but specifically from a quick google:-

For those who have received their first vaccination with the Johnson&Johnson vector vaccine, the STIKO recommends a vaccination with an mRNA vaccine from the fourth week after receiving the original vaccination in order to optimise protection.

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-en/news/coronavirus-booster-vaccination-faq-1971332

So you are well overdue for it and there nothing about a further jab!

37 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I had the J&J vax in October. Yesterday I read that in order to be considered 'geboosted' I now need to take 2 doses of an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer (where yesterday the CEO admitted that it offers "little if any protection" against Omicron - his words not mine) .  These 2 doses need to be taken a minimum of 3 months apart.  I'm not sure if I need a 3rd shot after that.

So for me to be considered 'geboosted' now will take 3.5 months - taking me into spring when for the last 2 years the infection rates have come down anyway. 

Needless to say, after complying once, I'm reluctant to comply again.

Don't you only need to be boostered after 3 months with one dose of an Mrna to be "vaccinated"?  That's my understanding anyway.

It's a bit confusing (to me) to what the cutoff is to where you go from being fully vaccinated to requiring booster/test though.  The communication around this new rule is confusingly shit.

Can you link to the CEO quotes...that's not what was said in the reports I have seen nor is it in context and yet, the 

15 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Can you link to the CEO quotes...that's not what was said in the reports I have seen nor is it in context and yet, the 

His quotes about offering limited protection if any,  against Omicron are around the 1:35 mark. 

Given that Omicron is predicted to be the dominant variant over the next few months,  I'm wondering why I would take a product where the CEO of the company selling it is telling me that it hardly works. 

If this wasn't related to the highly divisive subject of vaccines there would be a lot more questions asked.

And again  in Austria where impfpflicht is coming,  what's the point of vaccinating now when the CEO tells us he'll be selling a better and more specific product from March ?

@Chelski FWIW, we woulda walked out.

We go to our local Kneipe down the street and they check everything all the time - even the regulars who they just checked yesterday. The tables are spaced far apart as they got rid of some. We feel comfortable there. We have seen them turn people away who didn't have their papers in order.

You see, that last bit is what helps keep the virus from spreading. Doesn't stop it but it helps.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

His quotes about offering limited protection if any,  against Omicron are around the 1:35 mark. 

Given that Omicron is predicted to be the dominant variant over the next few months,  I'm wondering why I would take a product where the CEO of the company selling it is telling me that it hardly works. 

Well, what you could have done is to have followed the advice, gotten the vaccine as early as possible and by now you could be boostered, which offers, according to your video, reasonable protection against hospitalisation and death. Then, when the omicron vaccine comes out, you can get that too.

If this wasn't related to the highly divisive subject of vaccines there would be a lot more questions asked.

The question I ask myself, is should I give a shit about your self-imposed dilemma? Unfortunately, I guess the answer is yes, because your decisions affect the health of others.

And again  in Austria where impfpflicht is coming,  what's the point of vaccinating now when the CEO tells us he'll be selling a better and more specific product from March ?

I'm sure the experts in Austria will be considering this too, and will take appropriate and qualified action. I can assure you that the musings of Prof. Jonny are not revolutionary.

43 minutes ago, Jonny said:

(related only to Omicrom)..but offers reasonable protection against death and hospitalisation and the third dose also increases the protection.

You understand it's a new variant and the game has changed?

I'm not in favour of mandatory vaccinations and I don't live in Austria.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

No, it´s 1 G everywhere - G, like "genervt" (tbh, that joke isn´t from me)

Here its mostly 1G - geschlossen. Opening up again on Friday, though - party time :)

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

I would suggest that your general understanding on this subject needs correcting but specifically from a quick google:-

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-en/news/coronavirus-booster-vaccination-faq-1971332

So you are well overdue for it and there nothing about a further jab!

Not saying you are wrong, but you are mixing two things.   STIKO recommendations are health advices based on science but it is not the legal reference.  While STIKO might recommend to take the booster after 6 months, 5 months, 4 months, 3 months, the vaccines are valid for nine months in terms of 2G/3G.

55 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Well, that's not really what he said.  But I expected that before watching the video.

37 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

After months of reading numerous articles like this one about a boom in false passes I am becoming increasingly skeptical that a 2G ecosystem even exists.  As one article stated, when you think it’s 2G it’s really 3G (Geimpft, Genesen, oder Gefälscht).  Food for thought.
https://www.dw.com/de/der-boom-gefälschter-impfpässe/a-60104829

B.b.but Germans follow the rules. 

Just in from my Canadian friend -

Wow, Quebec is getting really serious:

Adult Quebecers who won’t get vaccinated and don’t have a medical exemption will be forced to pay a significant health “contribution,”

About 10 per cent of adult Quebecers aren’t vaccinated, but they represent about half of all patients in intensive care, Premier Legault said, adding that the unvaccinated should be forced to pay for the extra burden they are placing on the health-care system.

“I think right now it’s a question of fairness for the 90 per cent of the population who made some sacrifices,” Legault said. “I think we owe them this kind of measure.”

The government last week announced it would expand the vaccine passport system by requiring proof of vaccination to enter liquor and cannabis stores. Health Minister Christian Dube has said he was mulling extending the passport further, to shopping malls and personal care salons.