3G in Restaurants?

4,506 posts in this topic

Yes, I’m trying that next. Someone called and they said they will be calling me back soon. I think I’m getting somewhere. 

Sorry to go off topic! 

43 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I wound up cancelling my appointment today because I couldn’t get there. I was originally going to drive, but I felt that would be irresponsible to do when I feel dizzy and off. 

I don't know where you were planning on going but, just as an FYI, you could go to the Testzentrum in Haar (location). Depending where you are in Ramersdorf, that could be easiest for you to get to.

2 minutes ago, theGman said:

I don't know where you were planning on going but, just as an FYI, you could go to the Testzentrum in Haar (location). Depending where you are in Ramersdorf, that could be easiest for you to get to.

She is dizzy and has brain fog. She shouldn't  leave the house lest she get run over.

Just now, fraufruit said:

She is dizzy and has brain fog. She shouldn't  leave the house lest she get run over.

Absolutely.  She needs to take care of herself.  Hope she has some easy meals available.  Local doctor should be able to do the PCR.   No need to go far I hope.  And perhaps a 20 euro Oximeter could be helpful.  I have heard of people feeling "fine" and then testing 80 percent.  Or even lower.  It could also relieve anxiety, let you know when you need to do something.  

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

So how are you supposed to get there if you are sick or the weather is horrible or both? Über?

What did they recommend?

Well, there are also some Apotheken that can do it, and Hausärzten as well I believe. If none of those, one can still call and ask, I guess home visits are also possible.

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Of course not. It was just an FYI. Like I said:

2 hours ago, theGman said:

I will post the exact rules later, and we can discuss them in due time. But right now, you need to focus on your immediate health. I would recommend to call 116117. Then take it from there.

Getting a PCR to find out if you actually have corona is a secondary concern. That can be dealt with later.

Any quarantine concerns can be dealt with in the next days, not now. And that is only if you have a positive PCR.

35 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Anyone live near Ramersdorf who could shove a casserole outside the door?

Actually, I’m good with food, but thanks so much! I got hello fresh last week and have tons in the freezer and lots in the pantry! 

I’m feeling better now. The KVB never called back. I’m just going to rest now. 

Am buying an Oximeter anyway.  If one of us got covid, I would like to have one.   Know of people who thought they were ok, but blood O2 deatly low.  And did not know.  Have read about guy in the UK, just askng to talk to his wife quickly.  He was dead when they came back a few minutes later.  Happy hypoxia.

20 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

Actually, I’m good with food, but thanks so much! I got hello fresh last week and have tons in the freezer and lots in the pantry!

Well that's fortuitous.

Thank goodness. One less worry.

2 minutes ago, kiplette said:

We got sick of ours telling us we were dead, so we don't use it any more.

Sure, it is shit when it does not work.  But still think if my kid was sick (or us too) it would be good to know.  But be aware that they do not always work well with darker skin  tones. 

Happy hypoxia is a thing.  Perhaps the reason that pneumonia was counted as a blessing for very old people.  Very different from the awful scines of people in pain and gasping for oxygen also seen during covid.  Horrific.  UK ran out of drugs to help with this in 2020.  I just mean the drugs to take away the pain of dying of asphyxia. 

11 hours ago, bennetn said:

On 1/10/2022, 10:57:46, BethAnnBitt said:

11-MORNING-CASES-CHART-mobileMasterAt3x-v3.png

11-MORNING-HOSP-CHART-mobileMasterAt3x-v4.png

11-MORNING-DEATHS-CHART-mobileMasterAt3x-v4.png

Charts from the New York Times

Firstly, I apologise for being on topic as per the thread title.

Driving home with Mrs C. tonight debating what to have for dinner and who would cook etc.

Mrs C: "Ooh! Lets stop at [restaurant name redacted] and have an early dinner. They opended at 5 and I know you like it there!"

Me: "Cool! Sounds good."

We park and walk up to [restaurant name redacted] like a couple of law men in the Wild West entering a saloon to arrest someone. Gun smartphone and Badge ID already drawn. We walk in. It's very busy; even early.

We wait to be seated. Loads of service staff hustling around with drinks and special orders.

We wait.

We wait.

Eventually, random service staff guy notices us and says: "Table for two? Sit wherever you want" and disappears. We think WTF and put our guns and badges away. We find our favourite table free and sit. A few moments later...

Waiter: "What would you like to drink?"

Mrs C: "Wasn't our vaccination status supposed to be checked at the door?"

Waiter: "Sure, but nobody would come unless they were boosted!"

Mrs C: "How do you know that everyone here tonight is boosted when you don't check their status?"

Waiter: "Because this is Germany and everyone always follows the rules!"

Me: (starting to bristle)

Mrs C (whispering): "Down Johnny..."

(Pause)

Mrs C: "Do you have a contact form for us to fill in?"

Waiter: "No, because everyone here tonight is boosted!"

Mrs C: "How do you know?"

Waiter: "Because this is Germany and everyone always follows the rules!"

Me: (remove my place mat and slowly start head-butting the table)

Waiter (perplexed): "Is everything Ok, sir?"

Me: "Yeh, I'm fine. Just bring the drinks..."

(Longer pause...)

Mrs C: (Death stare)

Me: "What?"

Mrs C: "We don't do things like that in Germany. We don't disrespect or intimidate service staff. We certainly don't head-butt tables!"

Me: "Why?"

Mrs C: "Because this is Germany and everyone always... shit! I walked straight into that one. Fuck you! Fuck you and your English wordplays!"

(Pause)

Me: "Hungry?"

Mrs C: "Starving."

Me: "So lets eat..."

It was a buffet restaurant and as good as it always is. Nice dinner.

I guess my gripe is that to get into Mediamarkt a couple of days before Xmas to pick up my new phone was akin to getting through US Customs and Border Protection @ JFK. Everone is masked. Which I agree with. Yet getting into a restaurant was just so easy. And everyone unmaskes. Something's wrong somewhere.

Once again, apologises for being on topic as per the thread title.

Time for the thread to get back off topic.

Release the hounds!

GIFs of Dogs Chasing Their Tail. 40 Animated Images

Nice one, Chelski!👍

Just a question- why is my puppy Mandy on here?😂

A2DE0AE0-6FBC-488C-81F2-7791F04C2914.jpeg

1 hour ago, Namu said:

11-MORNING-CASES-CHART-mobileMasterAt3x-v3.png

11-MORNING-HOSP-CHART-mobileMasterAt3x-v4.png

11-MORNING-DEATHS-CHART-mobileMasterAt3x-v4.png

Charts from the New York Times

BuT the VaCCiNeS dON't WOrK!

5 minutes ago, Chelski said:

Firstly, I apologise for being on topic as per the thread title.

Driving home with Mrs C. tonight debating what to have for dinner and who would cook etc.

My son is doing his student internship and is having to get up an hour earlier than usual as a result, so I thought I'd treat him to an early dinner at his favorite restaurant, where we're regulars.

We've both been vaccinated and boosted, so no test required, but they checked both of our digital certificates with the CovPassCheck app and asked us if we had IDs with us in case the Ordnungsamt came by. We did, of course, so we sat down and enjoyed our dinner. It was all quite efficient.

7 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

My son is doing his student internship and is having to get up an hour earlier than usual as a result, so I thought I'd treat him to an early dinner at his favorite restaurant, where we're regulars.

We've both been vaccinated and boosted, so no test required, but they checked both of our digital certificates with the CovPassCheck app and asked us if we had IDs with us in case the Ordnungsamt came by. We did, of course, so we sat down and enjoyed our dinner. It was all quite efficient.

Which is exactly the way it should be everywhere in a restaurant in Germany. Unfortunately, as I posted above it's not.