3G in Restaurants?

3,821 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I haven’t gotten the PCR yet. I had planned to go today, but I am feeling very dizzy and cannot leave my home because I don’t feel well. I called and they said it was from when symptoms started. But then that person on the info line said it is 7 days because I’m vaccinated. It seems that no one has any idea what is happening. The KVB is coming to me this afternoon. I don’t feel right and feel confused. 

You poor thing, so they are bringing a test?

Looking at this page https://www.stmgp.bayern.de/coronavirus/haeufig-gestellte-fragen/ unless it is very poorly phrased it seems as if you could only get out after 7 days if you are asymptomatic AND vaccinated AND have a negative test.

So as you are symptomatic, that looks like it will be 14 days for you (with a negative test).

2 minutes ago, anne k said:

Looking at this page https://www.stmgp.bayern.de/coronavirus/haeufig-gestellte-fragen/ unless it is very poorly phrased it seems as if you could only get out after 7 days if you are asymptomatic AND vaccinated AND have a negative test.

So as you are symptomatic, that looks like it will be 14 days for you (with a negative test).

Yep, we were imposed an isolation of 14 days as well despite vaccinated, as we had symptoms. Though mine were so light (headache) that I could have lied and likely have got out after 7 days if I had wanted to (was feeling fine after 3-4 days, and selftested negative at home). This all happens  (correspondence from Gesundheitsamt, forced isolation, etc) after a positive PCR test.

24 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I haven’t gotten the PCR yet. I had planned to go today, but I am feeling very dizzy and cannot leave my home because I don’t feel well. I called and they said it was from when symptoms started. But then that person on the info line said it is 7 days because I’m vaccinated. It seems that no one has any idea what is happening. The KVB is coming to me this afternoon. I don’t feel right and feel confused. 

I will post the exact rules later, and we can discuss them in due time. But right now, you need to focus on your immediate health. I would recommend to call 116117. Then take it from there.

Getting a PCR to find out if you actually have corona is a secondary concern. That can be dealt with later.

Any quarantine concerns can be dealt with in the next days, not now. And that is only if you have a positive PCR.

43 minutes ago, theGman said:

I will post the exact rules later, and we can discuss them in due time. But right now, you need to focus on your immediate health. I would recommend to call 116117. Then take it from there.

Getting a PCR to find out if you actually have corona is a secondary concern. That can be dealt with later.

Any quarantine concerns can be dealt with in the next days, not now. And that is only if you have a positive PCR.

Yeah. My work is bugging me to get the PCR and find out the quarantine days. So that is making me very anxious. The KVB should be here this afternoon to help with my anxiety. The brain fog symptom is very odd. But you are right. I just need to focus on my health. My work will just have to wait. I think they don’t believe me because I don’t have the PCR yet, but I have 1 positive home test and one positive antigen test. 

4 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

vulturesquadron, seen recently:

grasping_at_straws.gif.4c0331e4d0e2d100d

Oh well. Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

This Bear's Repeating 5x7 Print · Luna Sea Studios Store · Online Store  Powered by Storenvy

1 hour ago, anne k said:

I was told the KVB won’t do at home PCRs now. They stopped a week ago. 

1 hour ago, mtbiking said:

Yep, we were imposed an isolation of 14 days as well despite vaccinated, as we had symptoms.

OK, 14 days isolation for a group of people who have tested negative but been in contact with someone who tested positive. That seems excessive. All but one are fully vaccinated. No symptoms amongst the group.

Is that the rule? Seems a bit much.

20 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

My work is bugging me to get the PCR and find out the quarantine days.

How did they propose that you do that when you are unable to leave the house?

Them not believing you just pisses me off. It might be the brain fog talking.

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

They are all 100% inflexible in this regard: Work and Gesundheitsamt. I was also "forced" to be tested and send multiple documents everywhere. It's never personal, just german bureaucracy at work. 

Hopefully the KBV when they arrive will be able to sort out what poor klingklang does next, or maybe communicate with her work. 

Awful.

Hope they help you out, @klingklang77 

13 minutes ago, kiplette said:

OK, 14 days isolation for a group of people who have tested negative but been in contact with someone who tested positive. That seems excessive. All but one are fully vaccinated. No symptoms amongst the group.

Is that the rule? Seems a bit much.

No, it's not. If you're vaccinated and didn't test positive you don't need to isolate. A neighbour of mine had a wife and child with Covid and he went on with his normal life: he never did a test (and never felt sick, I hope).

Even if you are feeling OK it is still bizarre having to go out and get a PCR test. I had to do it on a Sunday, and thought it would be irresponsible to take the tram there, so ended up walking for an hour and half each way to get a PCR. (My bike was in the cellar and the neighbours were hanging about down there!)

7 minutes ago, anne k said:

Even if you are feeling OK it is still bizarre having to go out and get a PCR test. I had to do it on a Sunday, and thought it would be irresponsible to take the tram there, so ended up walking for an hour and half each way to get a PCR. (My bike was in the cellar and the neighbours were hanging about down there!)

When I booked my PCR test it explicitly said not to travel there by public transport: "Die Anreise zu einem Test muss individuell (z.B. mit dem Auto) und darf nicht mit öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln erfolgen." This is probably because I had a positive schnelltest.

Also, I found a good table on the Munich pages as to when you qualify for a free PCR and what you need you need to qualify it:

https://www.corona-testung.de/

Back to vaccines -

United Airlines Chief Executive Scott Kirby said on Tuesday that the company had about 3,000 employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 but its vaccinated employees had neither died nor recently been hospitalized with the disease.

Chicago-based United was the first U.S. carrier to mandate vaccines for its employees in order to facilitate travel and flight operations. Airlines have cancelled thousands of flights since late December, when the surge in Omicron cases and winter weather began impacting schedules.

Kirby said in a memo Tuesday that "since our vaccine policy went into effect, the hospitalization rate among our employees has been 100x lower than the general population in the U.S."

Before United's vaccination requirements were put in place, "tragically, more than one United employee on average *per week* was dying from COVID," Kirby said. "But we’ve now gone eight straight weeks with zero COVID-related deaths among our vaccinated employees."

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Yeah, it could be the brain fog talking. They are really pushing for me to clarify my quarantine days, though, and it feels like they don’t believe me. I cannot believe the bureaucracy for this!

22 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

No, it's not

That seems more reasonable. 

Well, good use of tax euros, not.

I don't think Grundausbildung recruits have a voice to complain on this, but perhaps she should have joined the Verband as discussed in another thread. Life is complex without wifi, but maybe she can join by phone.

9 minutes ago, theGman said:

When I booked my PCR test it explicitly said not to travel there by public transport: "Die Anreise zu einem Test muss individuell (z.B. mit dem Auto) und darf nicht mit öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln erfolgen." This is probably because I had a positive schnelltest.

Also, I found a good table on the Munich pages as to when you qualify for a free PCR and what you need you need to qualify it:

https://www.corona-testung.de/

I wound up cancelling my appointment today because I couldn’t get there. I was originally going to drive, but I felt that would be irresponsible to do when I feel dizzy and off. 

Good call. 

There does need to be a plan in place for the testing - hopefully your visitors this afternoon will have a plan.

Really hope you get sorted with a minimum of further stress.

So tricky.

Looking at the Gman's 116117 link, it looks like you phone your Hausartzt and see what they say. Perhaps another option unless you were already in contact with them.