3G in Restaurants?

3,582 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Half your posts are rambling nonsense with no links at all, the other half are are worse.  

If the CDC - now some sort of international definition definer apparently - have made some announcement about the current vaccines not actually being vaccines even though they still refer to them as vaccines then give me the link so I can be better informed.

Unlike you, I don't half read something that confirms my bias and then propogate that as some sort of enlightened truth.

Sorry, you're not worthy of a response and considering some of the "snot in a jar" posters I do reply to on here, that doesn't say much about you.

55 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So one must ask, why are you engaging with him?

Yes, I noticed you stopped engaging after I posted that hospital link for you.
It's a real mystery why.

14 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Wouldn´t be so quick if everyone had to test.

This is true and a good point.
The only possible answer is to expand the testing facilities to handle a much higher volume of tests.

Continuing to allow one group of people, (vaccinated) who have been proven to spread the virus, entry to "wherever" without testing means this pandemic will never end.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Depends where you are. 

IME it is a PITA and I get to pay for it. Vive la République.

Yet another reason why you shouldn't be posting in "Life in Germany".

Yet you persist. C'est la vie.

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

Half your posts are rambling nonsense with no links at all, the other half are are worse.  

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

So one must ask, why are you engaging with him?

Who's the idiot?

1 hour ago, bennetn said:

Not me, is it you?

@fraufruit : Please, you know the drill - #disengage .

Don't get drawn into this bullshit.

36 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

The only possible answer is to expand the testing facilities to handle a much higher volume of tests.

We have loads. Absolutely masses of options.

3 minutes ago, kiplette said:

We have loads. Absolutely masses of options.

But enough to test everyone on a daily basis?

7 minutes ago, Metall said:

@fraufruit : Please, you know the drill - #disengage .

Don't get drawn into this bullshit.

I agree, leave the discussion to people who actually want to discuss the situation.

11 minutes ago, kiplette said:

No, only people who are off to do something communal. As it was before vaccines.

So how many millions of people work every day in Germany or is that not communal enough for you?

16 minutes ago, kiplette said:

No, only people who are off to do something communal. As it was before vaccines.

So everyone who uses public transport, or works in an office, or goes into a shop.

Fair enough, the people who stay at home don't need to bother.

It's a lot of people.

Would be worth it though.

17 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

So everyone who uses public transport, or works in an office, or goes into a shop.

Fair enough, the people who stay at home don't need to bother.

It's a lot of people.

Would be worth it though.

You're a special kind of stupid. Congratulations.

Crystal ball polished today! Moving on to 6G ( 4G is apparently ge-Macroned 😂 ) rules at 3 pm Nov 7th in the year 2525 and we'll have the usual intolerance of other people's opinions on here and the usual insults.

How to win friends...

6 hours ago, vulturesquadron said:

@john g. should get at least €1,000 for being labelled a fence-sitter.

Can you up the price, please? Just got another offensive letter from the Finanzamt!😂 

I need reinforcements!!!

55 minutes ago, Keleth said:

how many millions of people work every day in Germany

Not all in a communal situation. Lots of people were and are still working from home. Many are working not in close proximity to others.

Before vaccinations, most of the people I knew who were working with other people were taking a test each day. Some firms were doing their own, the school I volunteer in was doing that. Not every test has to be a test centre one. Public transport would be a massive issue, but certainly the trains in Niedersachsen had a impf+test rule, at least for a while.

35 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

What do you mean by that? Surely it is obvious to even the most dense that vaccination alone, although massively altering the outcomes for people, is not stopping the spread.

Example - kid#3 has just started her Grundausbildung. They are all impfed. She was not required to take a recent negative covid test with her. Strange. Hey ho, maybe they'll test on arrival (Monday). She was negative the day before and not been out since, so we were confident of her at least.

Fast forward to Wednesday, when they test for the first time and discover 2 +ve cases. Today, another. so now the ones who drove themselves have been sent home for 10 days quarantine and the rest, including her, have been moved to single accommodation where they are locked down for 10 days.

Sensible? No, of course not. Massive dereliction of duty, I would call it, but anyway, vaccination status is not enough to stop the spread. Testing remains critical.

Whether this is viable is another question, or accurate enough to make sufficient difference, but to refuse to accept that vaccination is not enough is by this point ridiculous.

vaccination plus FFP2 masks plus testing. Maybe not possible, and when people literally disobey the rules then we have no chance.

8 minutes ago, kiplette said:

What do you mean by that? Surely it is obvious to even the most dense that vaccination alone, although massively altering the outcomes for people, is not stopping the spread.

I think you are massively underestimating either the density of certain posters or the strength of the cult.

4 hours ago, bennetn said:

Yup, one that understands the reasons why vaccines are required and how they actually work.

In the case of the COVID vaccine it obviously doesn't work.

Public transport would be a massive issue, but certainly the trains in Niedersachsen had a impf+test rule, at least for a while.

And where did those people get those tests from, they certainly weren't allowed to use self-testing?

Lots of people were and are still working from home.

According to the last figures, it was roughly 25% of the workforce(roughly 11m) so that just leaves another 33m. Let's be really generous and say that 16m of them don´t work in close contact so that still leaves 17m people needing a test. That´s just those going to work every day.

Then there are those people who don´t need a test for work or who don´t use public transport but decide to go to the pub or whatever that´s still an awful lot of fucking tests that need doing.

That´s roughly let´s say maybe 25m tests per day. You say they´re free but that moneys got to come from somewhere.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Care to share what of those things he mentioned are wrong?

Yes, he is stupid but not on this point.