3G in Restaurants?

3,552 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Eric7 said:

Who is bitching about these things? It looks to me like only the vaccinated are.

You are an ignorant piece of shit. 

1 hour ago, tor said:

You do know that throwing around insults like that can become expensive if you´re sued for it, don´t you? The latest example: € 10000 for a joke which has been interpreted as an insult.

SPD politician Chebli receives compensation for sexist insults from journalist Tichy
Success for Sawsan Chebli: The Berlin SPD politician receives 10,000 euros from journalist Roland Tichy for misogynistic comments.

(deepl-translated from https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/sawsan-chebli-spd-politikerin-erhaelt-schmerzensgeld-von-tichy-a-0fb89838-cb74-433c-aa3f-6fb0abfee4fb)

11 hours ago, AlexTr said:

I think we should ignore the full blown anti-vaxxers and do like Macron - irritate the shit out of the unvaccinated who just don't give a fuck until their lives are wildly uncomfortable due to their status.

I will be attending a funeral where the son (and his wife) of the deceased cannot enter the cemetery chapel because they both aren't vaccinated.
Doesn't  make a difference to them in spite all of their protestations of love for the deceased. Weird.

3 hours ago, Metall said:

I will be attending a funeral where the son (and his wife) of the deceased cannot enter the cemetery chapel because they both aren't vaccinated.
Doesn't  make a difference to them in spite all of their protestations of love for the deceased. Weird.

I see two possibilities, did they love him?. Or atleast not enough to make them go beyond their ideologies. 

Or else they don't care about what's being performed in the church. They still can go to the cemetery . Or ?

4 hours ago, jeba said:

You do know that throwing around insults like that can become expensive if you´re sued for it, don´t you? The latest example: € 10000 for a joke which has been interpreted as an insult.

I would be honored to be sued by an antivaxxer, but cannot insult enough for them to do so. In my opinion, every time an anti-vaxxer opens their mouth and tells us what they think they insult themselves. One can not add more to these self-insults. 

16 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I would be honored to be sued by an antivaxxer, but cannot insult enough for them to do so. In my opinion, every time an anti-vaxxer opens their mouth and tells us what they think they insult themselves. One can not add more to these self-insults. 

Try again with less gibberish.

6 hours ago, tor said:

Sorry, have we met?
I don't think so as I imagine I'd remember someone with such an eloquent tone.

4 hours ago, Metall said:

I imagine all the vaccinated going into the cemetery are freshly tested... no?
This says more about the absolute nonsense that are the rules stopping them going in.

Test everyone or no-one goes in.

Some news from Portugal. Cases have gone up like crazy (40.000 yesterday) but number of deaths per day remain the same as a month ago.

Fatality rate is dropping fast, at 0.2%, while Germany has it at 1%.

Kids vaccination is on the way, and all above 65 have the booster.

Emergency rooms are crowded, because people flood them unnecessarely, hospitalizations are high, but ICU is only at 60%. Peak expected by next week, when Xmas effect fades.

91% of ALL are vaccinated. But I've seen that parents are reluctant to vaccinate the younger kids, so perhaps only 50-60% will get vaccinated, which is a shame, and was caused by politicians finally trying to politicise the topic.

Summary: Omicron + high vaccination rate (>99% over 60) + booster seems to keep it under control. I think by the time booster #1 is finished, plus kids fully vaccinated (end of February), they will just let it go and relax. It's getting just as bad as the flu.

This vaccines clearly are not good enough for herd immunity against Omicron, but they seem to be good enough to ignore the problem.

Spain is seeing very similar stats as Portugal, as vaccination rates are similar and country profile is similar.

Same in Israel: 16000 new cases (record high), but 134 severe patients (41 on ventilators, 15 ECMO). No high load on hospitals so far. 

7 hours ago, jeba said:

This is an anonymous forum. People can say what they want. if it is unacceptable, then the moderators delete it.

17 minutes ago, Acton said:

This is an anonymous forum. People can say what they want. if it is unacceptable, then the moderators delete it.

That's not how it works.

22 minutes ago, Acton said:

No:

Evidence and provability of insults on the internet

Especially insults made on the internet can be punished with drastic fines. Proof is very easy and simple due to the possibility of taking screenshots of insulting comments and online profiles of the commenting user.

(deepl-translation from https://www.anwalt.de/rechtstipps/wann-ist-eine-beleidigung-im-internet-strafbar_186289.html).

2 hours ago, Eric7 said:

Test everyone or no-one goes in.

Yes, I agree. 

Vaccination does not replace testing.

I don't agree with much of your stuff, but this is absolutely necessary.

11 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Yes, I agree. 

When was the last time you were tested for small pox? Not necessary as vaccination wiped it out.

Sorry, fair point. In the case of Covid, not Yelllow Fever, Small Pox, Measles etc. You are quite right.

The not testing of Covid vaccinated people is causing spread, because like it or not, they can also vector it.

44 minutes ago, Acton said:

New to Germany? Unless you are either not in Germany or you have always posted on TT using a VPN server located outside of Germany, you are not anonymous. Also, I assume you're not using the same E-Mail address for TT as for your Facebook account with your real name. 

14 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Yes, I agree. 

Nope. A lot of people (I would say, half of the vaccinated) won't get the vaccine if they do not get something in return (restaurants, freedom to travel abroad, theaters etc). 

We agreed that there will be no Impfzwang, but giving people a good incentive to vaccinate is essential. If you remove these freedoms then few ones will get the next booster. This is what anti-vaxxers want, a "natural immunity".

Yes, this is a political decision, not medical, but it is a good decision. 

1 minute ago, yourkeau said:

Yes, this is a political decision, not medical, but it is a good decision. 

It's a shite decision.

People are idiots.

Testing is quick, free and easy.

3 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Testing is quick, free and easy.

And unreliable. BTW, not free here in Israel. The government now allows antigen tests for vaccinated who were in contact with a COVID-positive person. Previously they had to do a real test, but due to Omicron there are huge lines at the testing stations. 

This is also a political decision because antigen tests are bullshit. 

9 hours ago, jeba said:

@john g. should get at least €1,000 for being labelled a fence-sitter.