3G in Restaurants?

658 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, cb6dba said:

So we all know who doesn't have school age kids then :lol:

Thank goodness no, even my grandchildren are no longer school age!:P

On 25/10/2021, 13:34:58, cb6dba said:

Did I mention I was on holiday.

What is this 'holiday' you speak of?

I can vaguely remember the concept. I think my last one was in the UK in middle March 2020. But then something called Covid started. And Mrs Chelski (a good German) completely panicked and said we had to the cancel the rest of our holiday and get back before the European borders closed.

I, being of stout British stock, considered it all stuff and nonsense of course, and insisted on partaking of a leisurely full English breakfast at that fine eaterie known as the Premier Inn, Dover (A20). Mrs Chelski joined me, didn't eat and drank three cups of expresso whilst repeatedly saying: "Hurry up!"

The drive to Dover port was a high-speed blur, but Mrs C showed her qualities (bubbly, big smile, tits out) to a man at the DFDS check-in and we were on the next ferry at no extra cost. Result.

Once onboard I thought she would relax. No. I suggested we alternate the driving as normal through France/Belgium/Holland/Germany. (I know she's especially scared of the Brussels ring-road). She said No. At which stage I went to the bar and had three pints of Stella and a packet of peanuts.

Upon arrival in a very sunny Dunkirk, feeling a bit giddy, I climbed into the car, put my shades on and reclined the front passenger seat. And went to sleep.

Mrs C is an excellent driver but not at high speeds. But knowing she'd be driving like Lewis Hamilton to get home made my decision to blank the next stage of the journey out really easy.

I'd mentally prepared myself to wake up in Germany. Or Heaven.

Thankfully, the girl done good.

22 hours ago, Chelski said:

What is this 'holiday' you speak of?

I can vaguely remember the concept. I think my last one was in the UK in middle March 2020. But then something called Covid started. And Mrs Chelski (a good German) completely panicked and said we had to the cancel the rest of our holiday and get back before the European borders closed.

I, being of stout British stock, considered it all stuff and nonsense of course, and insisted on partaking of a leisurely full English breakfast at that fine eaterie known as the Premier Inn, Dover (A20). Mrs Chelski joined me, didn't eat and drank three cups of expresso whilst repeatedly saying: "Hurry up!"

The drive to Dover port was a high-speed blur, but Mrs C showed her qualities (bubbly, big smile, tits out) to a man at the DFDS check-in and we were on the next ferry at no extra cost. Result.

Once onboard I thought she would relax. No. I suggested we alternate the driving as normal through France/Belgium/Holland/Germany. (I know she's especially scared of the Brussels ring-road). She said No. At which stage I went to the bar and had three pints of Stella and a packet of peanuts.

Upon arrival in a very sunny Dunkirk, feeling a bit giddy, I climbed into the car, put my shades on and reclined the front passenger seat. And went to sleep.

Mrs C is an excellent driver but not at high speeds. But knowing she'd be driving like Lewis Hamilton to get home made my decision to blank the next stage of the journey out really easy.

I'd mentally prepared myself to wake up in Germany. Or Heaven.

Thankfully, the girl done good.

For my part in this, as it was over 11c and only a bit windy up on the Baltic coast, I was walking around in a T-shirt some days.

The looks I got :lol:

Being fair, I was rather warm as the Mrs had of course packed the rucksack (which I carried) with enough water to last us 4 days or so - each time we went out.

4 hours ago, cb6dba said:

For my part in this, as it was over 11c and only a bit windy up on the Baltic coast, I was walking around in a T-shirt some days.

So typical English summer's days? Good on you. I'd probably have taken of my T-shirt to get a tan. ;)

Personally, I've been wearing shorts to work since 01 April 2020 as I have a long-standing €100 bet (who will quit first) with a German colleague (who's also worn shorts since that date) and most of our other German colleagues think we're quite mad. Especially last winter with the snow and ice.

I say stuff and nonsense!  Being of stout British stock I know I will defeat the Hun.

I will never surrender!

("Fighting", "Beaches", "Fields", "Streets" etc.)

8 hours ago, Chelski said:

("Fighting", "Beaches", "Fields", "Streets" etc.)

And shorts :lol:

I refuse to be distracted by the thought of blokes in shorts at work. Hope they are smart ones like the Swiss wear and not the beachy sort.

I am intrigued to know what "extra costs" were allayed by your missus being bubbly and sticking out her tits while negotiating check-in though.

2 hours ago, optimista said:

I refuse to be distracted by the thought of blokes in shorts at work. Hope they are smart ones like the Swiss wear and not the beachy sort.

I have always regarded shorts by their very nature as being very casual/leisure wear i.e cut off jeans and bright coloured beachy ones, I know "smart" ones do exist a former colleague of mine from the USA once turned up on a visit in hot weather wearing grey shorts with a crease and turn ups like a good pair of suit trousers but ending just below the knees,:D ridiculous.

Yes, smart trousers cut short with turn ups. Not ridiculous. Very fetching with a shirt and tie. That s how the swiss do it. I like it. A lot. :lol:

Thankfully, 3G enforcement is happening now.  I got carded yesterday and today at coffee shops.  The worker said random patrols are occurring.  And it’s now 2G in Konstanz for cultural events.  And finally, starting Monday there will be twice weekly testing for all patients at the Reha Klinik.  It’ll be interesting to see if I must get tested next week to visit there.  

4 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

It’ll be interesting to see if I must get tested next week to visit there.  

How is it down there with testing, here in Munich most of the pop up test places went as soon as they were no longer free!

On 28/10/2021, 08:53:22, cb6dba said:

And shorts :lol:

Absolutely! I'm totally convinced "shorts" was edited from Churchill's famous, rousing speech in Parliament at the last moment. Along side "hankies on the head". And possibly "string vests".

On 29/10/2021, 07:17:14, optimista said:

Heavy duty denim. Like cargo pants but cut below the knee. Multiple pockets. Accessorised with Chelsea football socks (thermal in winter; breathable in summer) and black Adidas basketball boots. Which works for me as I run three kitchens in one of Heidelberg's biggest Kitas. Nothing smart. Nothing beachy. 100% comfortable work attire.

On 29/10/2021, 07:17:14, optimista said:

I am intrigued to know what "extra costs" were allayed by your missus being bubbly and sticking out her tits while negotiating check-in though.

I'm guessing there would have been some sort of amendment charge(s) applicable for changing the booking, as every EU citizen holidaying in the UK panicked and tried to get home before the borders closed. Or she just likes sticking her tits out at men in uniform. I don't really understand either as she's German.

My understanding from info in a flyer I received from a local bar/restaurant is that 3G is now being enforced and there is a new regulation namely that only a PCR test is acceptable. Not sure if this is correct and or just for Bayern, anyone else have knowledge on this?

Update, also

Just heard from a friend in Austria that it is now 2G or no entry everywhere!

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

My understanding from info in a flyer I received from a local bar/restaurant is that 3G is now being enforced and there is a new regulation namely that only a PCR test is acceptable. Not sure if this is correct and or just for Bayern, anyone else have knowledge on this?

Update, also

Just heard from a friend in Austria that it is now 2G or no entry everywhere!

Down here it’s 3G, PCR test inside, and Schnelltest outside.  However, many places are choosing to enforce 2G.  We sat outside yesterday at a fish restaurant (2G), as well as a cafe, and they are all checking before they even allow you on the premises.  So if you are genesen, then you have pretty much become limited to Imbiss stands.  Indoor cultural events, Schwimmbäder, and gyms are 2G.  ID is often checked too.

Edit: I mistakenly wrote „genesen“ instead of „getestet“.

33 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

So if you are genesen, then you have pretty much become limited to Imbiss stands.  Indoor cultural events, Schwimmbäder, and gyms are 2G.  ID is often checked too.

2G means Geimpft or Genesen.

48 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Down here it’s 3G, PCR test inside, and Schnelltest outside.  However, many places are choosing to enforce 2G.  We sat outside yesterday at a fish restaurant (2G), as well as a cafe, and they are all checking before they even allow you on the premises.  So if you are genesen, then you have pretty much become limited to Imbiss stands.  Indoor cultural events, Schwimmbäder, and gyms are 2G.  ID is often checked too.

I went to a fast food place 3 days ago. They did have a table near the door with a QR code to sign in with Luca as well as paper registration forms if you prefer but nobody was checking if people were signing in nor whether they were 3G compliant.

The 2G rule excludes the tested, not the genesen (recovered) see https://praxistipps.focus.de/3g-regel-2g-regel-unterschied-und-bedeutung-der-corona-regeln_136926

3G Rule: This is the difference from the 2G Rule.

The 3G rule and the 2G rule were introduced during the Corona pandemic to ensure public life in compliance with certain safety measures.

• Behind the 3G rule is the principle that only vaccinated, recovered, or tested individuals may participate in certain public life events.
  • The 3G rule thus takes its name from the three words "vaccinated, recovered and tested." All three words begin with the letter "G" to create the 3G rule.
  • The idea behind it: People who fall into this category have tested negative or are not susceptible to infection.
  • However, the 3G rule is increasingly meeting with criticism, as it is quite possible that people who have been tested by rapid test receive false results (source: MDR). So there is a risk that there are people at events after all who can spread the virus.
  • Unlike the 3G rule, the 2G rule includes only vaccinated and recovered people. Tested persons cannot participate in the corresponding events in this concept.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

2G means Geimpft or Genesen.

And @LeonG, apologies.  I mistakenly typed genesen when I meant to say getestet.  🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, HEM said:

Its been reported that 3G means Geimpft or Genesen or Gestorben...

Just tried to give you a greenie! Message came  up : you are not allowed to give reputation to this user."

???

On 20/10/2021, 21:43:07, BethAnnBitt said:

I live in BW and spotty checking is going on down here, at least at the indoor restaurants I have been to recently.  The signs are posted, but verification is usually not happening.  Others here report the same to me.

The only place I´ve seen them being strict was in our local doner laden.A couple asked if they could sit down and eat and because he didn´t have his impfpass with him they weren´t allowed to.

Wife went in for her 3 monthly cancer check and I as a begleit person was allowed with her providing I had my impfpass,went to show it on my phone and my phone was dead.They let me in anyway and that was in a hospital.

We have our xmas fest on 4/12 and they informed us that anyone without impfpass or PCR check will 100% not be allowed in.Be interesting to see how that pans out.