3G in Restaurants?

4,305 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Your seatbelt analogy is nonsense. Do you need me to fasten my seatbelt in order for yours to work ?

We need you to fasten it to help prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed.

51 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Your seatbelt analogy is nonsense. Do you need me to fasten my seatbelt in order for yours to work ?

Sure. Your dead body being thrown out of the car in the middle of the autobahn is a direct danger to everyone around. 

Also, for me to be safe you are not allowed to drink and drive. Are you already feeling like Jews in 1930s when the government forbids you from drinking booze and driving a car?

15 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Sure. Your dead body being thrown out of the car in the middle of the autobahn is a direct danger to everyone around. 

Also, for me to be safe you are not allowed to drink and drive.

Just wanted to point out that the government does not forbid us to drink and drive, it does forbids us from driving while drunk (as defined as a percentage of alcohol in the blood by the law).

50 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You're missing the point.  Forget about my dead body on the autobahn.  You're telling me that your seatbelt will break and throw YOUR dead body on the autobahn if I don't fasten mine.  Think about it...

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

Just wanted to point out that the government does not forbid us to drink and drive, it does forbids us from driving while drunk (as defined as a percentage of alcohol in the blood by the law).

Depends, where. In Eastern Europe the limit is 0% BAC. 

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You're missing the point.  Forget about my dead body on the autobahn.  You're telling me that your seatbelt will break and throw YOUR dead body on the autobahn if I don't fasten mine.  Think about it...

I see you are one of those big-city assholes who run into U-Bahn after the doors are open because there is only me, me, me in the world, why me exercising my right to enter U-Bahn is a problem for passengers who want to get off. Perhaps, the doors are not that effective in letting the passengers out of the train, not my problem. Me

9 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Depends, where. In Eastern Europe the limit is 0% BAC. 

We are not in Eastern Europe thank goodness and anyway a €20 note (or local currency equivalent) folded up inside the driving licence will invariable produce a 0% result!

5 hours ago, jeba said:

We need you to fasten it to help prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed.

The IC units in hospitals are populated by patients who have corona and have NOT benn vaccinated. Is this fair on other people who have been responsible and now

have to die because of no available beds? Jonny??

12 hours ago, Jonny said:

Hahaha :lol: you're a fucking idiot. Why do you think the seatbelt law exists?

15 hours ago, Jonny said:

So I guess in Israel an anti vaxxer is now someone who's only had 2 jabs ? Or is it 3? I'm struggling to keep up.  Don't worry though,  keep rolling that sleeve up and you'll be OK.  The 10th booster might fix it. Funny that you're still blaming the ineffectiveness of a medicine on those who refuse to take it. 

FHQRvT0WYAYg2Vy.jpeg.jpg

17 hours ago, Jonny said:

Maybe when you´re in ICU because you didn´t wear a seatbelt someone who has had a heart attack can´t get a bed because you´re in it?

Or maybe you being thrown out of the car causes the driver behind to swerve to miss you and hits another car coming the other way?

Maybe the notarzt attending you can´t attend someone else?

Maybe the emergency services don´t enjoy scraping bodies off the road?

Maybe you´re just a self centred fuckwit who doesn´t care about anybody but themselves?

21 hours ago, Jonny said:

Funny that you're still blaming the ineffectiveness of a medicine on those who refuse to take it. 

Why are you fixated that the vaccine must 100% stop you from getting the virus?

You seem quite happy that the magic drugs you revere help you fight the virus.

You are happy for someone to get the virus and then get drugs but not happy to have someone who already has drugs in them to fight the virus when they get it.

Funnily enough, you are so worried about the long term effects of the vaccine that you even had the vaccine yourself(which you haven´t even explained why you got it), that is not the action of someone with serious concerns about the vaccine. That´s the actions of a coward with a big mouth. You´re all words and no action. Remember when you were going to go and catch Covid to get your natural immunity, what happened there?

An Israeli heart surgeon apparently became the first healthy person in the world to receive a medically sanctioned fourth COVID-19 vaccine dose on Monday, as Sheba Medical Center launched a landmark study to test the efficacy of the additional shot.

“I did this with a full, full heart for two reasons — first, to protect myself,” Prof. Jacob (Jay) Lavee told Israeli media. “And no less important, my desire to avoid transmitting the disease to our patients.”

ttps://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-heart-surgeon-is-worlds-1st-healthy-person-to-get-4th-dose-in-trial/

The 4th jab is still not approved, eventually within weeks, it will be given to the elderly and medical workers.

19 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

ttps://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-heart-surgeon-is-worlds-1st-healthy-person-to-get-4th-dose-in-trial/

The 4th jab is still not approved, eventually within weeks, it will be given to the elderly and medical workers.

I'll have mine next month. Even the protection provided by boosters is waning rapidly. See min 7: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fr2apAUweQ&list=LL&index=1&t=433s

On 23/12/2021, 08:31:11, Jonny said:

Funny that you're still blaming the ineffectiveness of a medicine on those who refuse to take it. 

On 24/12/2021, 06:38:15, Keleth said:

Why are you fixated that the vaccine must 100% stop you from getting the virus?

These two quotes do highlight valid points, firstly there are several reasons why the vaccines would be more effective in tackling the pandemic if a higher percentage of the population were/are vaccinated both in terms of spreading the virus and the impact on health systems, already much discussed here, so blaming those who refuse the vaccine is justified! Secondly it has become glaringly obvious that the current vaccines are not providing sufficient, even short term, protection against  a covid infection or severe illness and death. If you are  vaccinated you will be less likely to be infected or become seriously ill with covid but you are not immune and some of those who become ill and die are fully vaccinated and boosted so the current round of restrictions/lockdown are not just for the unvaccinated!

It is beginning to look like the human bodies defence against covid may only last briefly whether the result of vaccination or recovery from an infection and as long as that continues the pandemic will only end if a harmless variant becomes dominant, in the mean time frequent boosters and the search for an effective treatment  and medication will have to continue. IMO

On 23/12/2021, 16:18:39, Acton said:

The IC units in hospitals are populated by patients who have corona and have NOT benn vaccinated. Is this fair on other people who have been responsible and now

have to die because of no available beds? Jonny??

This isn't true, in fact, no-one on here actually knows what the split is:

Falsche Covid-Zahlen – Amtspräsident in Bayern wird versetzt

A neutral question to everyone - how many boosters is too many for you personally?

15 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

A neutral question to everyone - how many boosters is too many for you personally?

As many as it takes.

Just now, fraufruit said:

As many as it takes.

Crikey.

So you have no problem with the proposed booster every 3 months?
Even if, as is already apparently clear, they don't actually do much?
Do you have no concerns about potential damage to your immune system?

The blind faith in the good intentions of the pharmaceutical industry is a little strange - on a side note, have you seen the miniseries "Dopesick"?

It's up to you (obviously) and I have no interest in trying to convince anyone of anything, never mind having the time to dedicate to doing that.