3G in Restaurants?

3,821 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I would still be more worried about kids getting childhood cancer than covid. 

Fair enough, up to you. I personally am much more worried about mine being in traffic accidents than anything else, and that's fine too.

Assuming you are not suggesting that therefore it is not worth vaccinating them against Covid?

6 hours ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

@JG52 Also not the Omicron bladed knife is blunt, not completely not a knife.

One Omicron death with so many infections is not statistically significant. 

Of course we might hear about 1000s in the coming weeks. But we also might not. It's simply too early to draw a conclusion either way.

Assuming one healthy person actually dies of Omicron, not being struck by a meteorite, another plausible window cleaning accident.

Well, yes you and @JG52 are correct to point out that the UK covid death data is for any death of up to 28 days following a positive covid test, which seems reasonable for a consistent comparable statistic. Anything else would be very open to dispute as to the real cause of death. Basically we will never know if the death of the 26 year old window cleaner who fell from the 5th floor balcony was purely an accident or if he fell as a result of a coughing fit (or perhaps a coffin fit) and lack of oxygen bought on by covid. Or indeed why he was at work and not isolating after only one week following a positive covid-omicron test.

54 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

a coffin fit

On 08/12/2021, 13:42:55, fraufruit said:

Applause please

5 hours ago, Krieg said:

The point of the vaccination is reducing the chances of dying from Covid.  But some people have different priorities and they care more about going to the cinema without any hassle.

Correct! That is the point of vaccination but it is not really working is it? Hence the need for a test too.

No, it is working - the number of people badly affected is much smaller.

The bit that is disappointing is that vaccinated people can still catch it and pass it on, hence testing again, which is a right pain, but sadly necessary.

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Basically we will never know if the death of the 26 year old window cleaner who fell from the 5th floor balcony was purely an accident or if he fell as a result of a coughing fit (or perhaps a coffin fit) and lack of oxygen bought on by covid. Or indeed why he was at work and not isolating after only one week following a positive covid-omicron test.

It could have been suicide brought on by the knowledge that he foolishly exposed his family to the virus after he contracted it while clubbing with his unvaccinated mates.

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Israel recommends all boys vaccinate against HPV so they will not transfer the virus to girls (via sex including oral sex). 

Done here. My son got his shot recently.

17 minutes ago, paulyg said:

Correct! That is the point of vaccination but it is not really working is it? Hence the need for a test too.

Why do you think it is not working?  The death cases from vaccinated people are vastly lower than unvaccinated ones.

The test (2G+) is implemented at the moment for some activities because the number of infections are really high, but I guess once they are down we can go to normal 2G and 3G.

And you can put more aluminum foil in your head if you factor that the rapid tests are not something you can really trust, but you have to work with what you have.

9 minutes ago, Krieg said:

And you can put more aluminum foil in your head if you factor that the rapid tests are not something you can really trust

Not even PCR tests are 100% reliable, the biggest risk being that the swab wasn´t done properly. It may also be the case that the virus isn´t present in your pharynx anymore but only in the deeper airways - in which case you need to get your sample via bronchial lavage (under sedation or anesthesia). It´s rare, but it happens.

Israel recommends all boys vaccinate against HPV

I think that also the case for Germany.

HPV vaccine bring zero benefits to men

Not true. It also protects against condylomata and penis carcinomas.

1 hour ago, JG52 said:

It could have been suicide brought on by the knowledge that he foolishly exposed his family to the virus after he contracted it while clubbing with his unvaccinated mates.

I wondered about that seems unlikely an experienced window cleaner would simply fall off a 5th floor balcony, no suicide note but he was heard to have shouted something like "sorry gran" as he fell to the ground!

4 hours ago, Metall said:

I didn't know J2 was back.

You should.  Don't you stalk him on twitter ?

#disengage 

Ha ha. Against years of scientific know how,  natural immunity has somehow fallen off the ladder.  Just like the window cleaner. 

I went to the dentist today for my six month checkup. I had to adjust my ponytail knot, so that my head could nestle properly on the head support. My dentist joked that he had a scissors ready for cutting it off. Whereupon I laughingly mentiond that I haven't been to the hairdressers for ages due to corona. He pointed to his head covered in an operating theatre cap implying that he also has avoided the barbers for months on end.

Robin Hat - Op-haube Catrina Langhaar-modell - 100% Baumwolle (autoklav) - Maximaler Komfort - Einstellbar.

I replied that he looked like a pirate. We had a good laugh together. 

Yesterday I got a Moderna booster, 6 months + 6 days after the 2nd BioNtech.  🙏  Happy to be cross vaccinated, but I am on the couch today.  😵‍💫  😮