3G in Restaurants?

4,305 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, paulyg said:

I posted a query! Questioning why a test is needed if vaxanted. Neither conspiracy or bollocks. What was your point again?

Welcome to the world of adults, paulyg!

I hate it, too. To travel from Israel to Italy I needed: a PCR test to enter Italy, a vaccination certificate to bypass quarantine in Italy, a PCR test to board the aircraft back to Tel Aviv, a PCR test at the arrival in Tel Aviv, 3 days compulsory quarantine (for non vaccinated: 7 days) with police checking your location every day, another PCR test (drive-in or taxi only), then freedom.

This is tough and unfair (the government was panicking and avoiding responsibility, as usual).

What you describe is neither tough nor unfair. Vaccinate your children and then get the green pass for them.

39 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Welcome to the world of adults, paulyg!

I hate it, too. To travel from Israel to Italy I needed: a PCR test to enter Italy, a vaccination certificate to bypass quarantine in Italy, a PCR test to board the aircraft back to Tel Aviv, a PCR test at the arrival in Tel Aviv, 3 days compulsory quarantine (for non vaccinated: 7 days) with police checking your location every day, another PCR test (drive-in or taxi only), then freedom.

This is tough and unfair (the government was panicking and avoiding responsibility, as usual).

What you describe is neither tough nor unfair. Vaccinate your children and then get the green pass for them.

Maybe you missed my point? Vaccinating my children would still require myself to test and when child vaccination is more common place it will be 2G+ for them too. So what is the point of vaccination if it all relies on a final schnell test?

1 hour ago, paulyg said:

Maybe you missed my point? Vaccinating my children would still require myself to test and when child vaccination is more common place it will be 2G+ for them too. So what is the point of vaccination if it all relies on a final schnell test?

2G+ is a pain, I enjoy swimming and having to arrange  a test before I go is a nuisance. On the other hand given that I could become infected despite being fully vaccinated +booster and perhaps it was too early for any symptoms or I had no symptoms but would still be a danger to others, particularly the unvaccinated (your children for example), I don't believe doing a free lateral flow test that takes less than 5 minutes is too much to ask to keep us all a bit safer!

@MadAxeMurderer looks like the Omicron bladed knife is not so blunt after all!

Covid: First UK death recorded with Omicron variant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59639007

29 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

@MadAxeMurderer looks like the Omicron bladed knife is not so blunt after all!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59639007

The title of the article and the first sentence might be intentionally misleading..."At least one person in the UK has died with the Omicron coronavirus variant, the prime minister has said."  The article goes on to state the ages of those who were admitted to the hospital with Omicron variant ranged in age from 18 to 85 years.  Unfortunately, the article does not identify the age of the deceased or the cause of death.

I make a clear distinction between dying "with" an ailment as opposed to dying "from" an ailment.  For example, was the deceased an 85-year old who died of acute respiratory distress due to complications associated with COVID, or was the deceased a 26-year old window cleaner who tested positive a week ago and died after falling from a fifth floor balcony?   Unless the reporting process has changed, anyone dying with COVID, regardless of the manner of death, is counted as a COVID-related death (I hope I am mistaken on this).

@JG52 Also not the Omicron bladed knife is blunt, not completely not a knife.

One Omicron death with so many infections is not statistically significant. 

Of course we might hear about 1000s in the coming weeks. But we also might not. It's simply too early to draw a conclusion either way.

Assuming one healthy person actually dies of Omicron, not being struck by a meteorite, another plausible window cleaning accident.

4 hours ago, JG52 said:

The title of the article and the first sentence might be intentionally misleading..."At least one person in the UK has died with the Omicron coronavirus variant, the prime minister has said." 

I'm sure the language used, especially the word 'with' is deliberate. If we want to see how dangerous Omicron is,  take a look at South Africa 

8 hours ago, paulyg said:

I posted a query! Questioning why a test is needed if vaxanted. Neither conspiracy or bollocks. What was your point again?

Then it must be me misunderstanding so please explain this that I quoted...

Surely if the test had any worth there would not be any need for the vaccine.

That reads that if we have a test that gives correct results then there is no need for a vaccine.

So because we can identify the virus in someone there is no need to protect someone from the virus?

31 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Then it must be me misunderstanding so please explain this that I quoted...

That reads that if we have a test that gives correct results then there is no need for a vaccine.

So because we can identify the virus in someone there is no need to protect someone from the virus?

It's the "I don't lock my house or my car because the police will identify who robbed me" theory of healthcare. It's cute in its inanity, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I'm sure the language used, especially the word 'with' is deliberate. If we want to see how dangerous Omicron is,  take a look at South Africa 

The situation in South Africa is very different from ours because there the population is much younger and has been pre-immunized by the beta variant. Therefore, you can't conclude from their experience to what we may be in for.

The point of the vaccination is reducing the chances of dying from Covid.  But some people have different priorities and they care more about going to the cinema without any hassle.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

The point of vaccination is to possibly save your or your children's lives or prevent serious, potentially life long illness. It's not about getting some certificate. 

I suspect you won't have your children vaccinated though. I hope when they catch Covid, that they experience a mild illness with no lasting repercussions.

5 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I suspect you won't have your children vaccinated though. I hope when they catch Covid, that they experience a mild illness with no lasting repercussions.

Do you have any links to show children being severely damaged or killed as a direct result of covid within Germany ? 

9 hours ago, paulyg said:

No, I did not miss your point. I agree that politicians like to introduce unnecessary measures to cover their arse but these measures are not fully bullshit. Look, Germany still uses easily forgeable paper certificates, so one cannot be 100% sure that the person with the certificate is really vaccinated. Schnelltest is good additional protection against this. 

30 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Do you have any links to show children being severely damaged or killed as a direct result of covid within Germany ? 

Yes:

Doch auch wenn Kinder bisher nur sehr selten von schweren Infektionsverläufen betroffen sind, gab es dennoch auch in den jüngeren Altersgruppen Todesfälle. Seit Beginn der Pandemie starben laut RKI insgesamt 29 Kinder und Jugendliche bis 19 Jahre in Folge von Covid-19. Von diesen hatten wiederum 19 bekannte Vorerkrankungen.

https://www.mdr.de/nachrichten/deutschland/panorama/corona-kinder-verlauf-100.html

Every death of a young person is tragic.  Your quote is saying that 10 healthy children have died of covid in the nearly 2 years since the pandemic began. That's tragic, but how many in 2 years have died of other causes ? I'm guessing a hell of a lot more.  I would still be more worried about kids getting childhood cancer than covid. 

Unfortunately there's no vaccine against cancer.

You are (as usual) ignoring the long term effects of Covid 19. It is a multi organ disease and targets the central nervous system among other things. That's why a classic symptom is loss of senses. Most people seem to recover fully but some have not yet recovered months after their infections.

It's not cancer but it's not the flu either.

Cancer is a dumbass's idea of an analogous disease considering the fact that FUCKING CANCER IS NOT FUCKING CONTAGIOUS! How can people be so dangerously stupid and still be allowed to parent?

19 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Unfortunately there's no vaccine against cancer.

You are (as usual) ignoring the long term effects of Covid 19. It is a multi organ disease and targets the central nervous system among other things. That's why a classic symptom is loss of senses. Most people seem to recover fully but some have not yet recovered months after their infections.

It's not cancer but it's not the flu either.

There are vaccines against viruses that might cause cancer. 

One of the most well-known such viruses is HPV (Human Papilloma Virus). It causes cancer only in women, men are carriers only. 

Israel recommends all boys vaccinate against HPV so they will not transfer the virus to girls (via sex including oral sex). 

HPV vaccine bring zero benefits to men, but protects some small percentage of women. Now, guess if ISIS Jonny is vaccinated against HPV? Or will he vaccinate his sons? 

Some people enjoy being able to legally kill other people. 

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

OK, it's not peer reviewed but it's interesting nonetheless

And therein lies the problem with 99% of your research that you do on social media.

The other 1% is taken up by stuff you link but don´t actually read which turns out to argue against your point instead of supporting it.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Every death of a young person is tragic.  Your quote is saying that 10 healthy children have died of covid in the nearly 2 years since the pandemic began. That's tragic, but how many in 2 years have died of other causes ? I'm guessing a hell of a lot more.  I would still be more worried about kids getting childhood cancer than covid. 

So basically because more kids die from cancer than Covid your attitude is fuck Covid why should we bother as it´s only 10 kids?

Let´s be honest here, you´ve shown in the past that you´re not actually worried about anyone else other than yourself so why even pretend you´re worried about kids.

You´ve gone from being someone who didn´t want the vaccine because you were worried about the long term effects to being a true anti-vaxxer who doesn´t care about anyone else.