3G in Restaurants?

1,781 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

I think that is more hand to hand contact that people were worried about. I just use sanitizer after these exchanges until I can fully wash my hands. 

Even the CDC say the risk of transmission from surfaces is low and that washing surfaces with detergent will suffice,unless indoors somewhere where there has been a Covid case in the last 24 hours

I use hand sanitiser when I have touched something that lots of others have likely touched. So I wouldn't necessarily feel the need after touching a single product in a shop but I would if I pushed a trolley around our used the tongs to get bread rolls or whatever. I still wash my hands for 20 seconds when I get home from being out anywhere.

Well, I used hand sanitizer before corona... in any case, I think it was a huge miscommunication when at the beginning of the pandemic they said most infections were coming from surface contact.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I use hand sanitiser when I have touched something that lots of others have likely touched.

And we are all invited to touch the hand-sanitiser everyone else has had a squirt of (using the same finger they use for all sorts of unmentionable stuff) as we enter every shop or other public venue. Just yuck. And possibly counterproductive unless you give special attention to your index finger when rubbing in the gel.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

...I think it was a huge miscommunication when at the beginning of the pandemic they said most infections were coming from surface contact.

Exactly, some people became very creative in opening a door 👻.

28 minutes ago, optimista said:

And we are all invited to touch the hand-sanitiser everyone else has had a squirt of (using the same finger they use for all sorts of unmentionable stuff) as we enter every shop or other public venue. Just yuck. And possibly counterproductive unless you give special attention to your index finger when rubbing in the gel.

I use my own sanitizer. I like the DM ones. I get the big pump bottle and refill a little bottle with it. The little bottles are expensive to keep buying over and over again. That stuff feels much better than the free ones. If I use the free ones, then I do pay special attention to my fingers. You touch everything with them! It’s common sense. But then again, people don’t have enough sense to pull a mask over the nose, so who knows these days? 

I made a new friend today. When I came home, there was a young man waiting for the lift. He asked if I wanted to ride with. I asked him if he had a mask and he said no. I proceeded to step in the lift and pushed my button leaving him standing there. He walked up to the 8th floor - one above mine. We're besties now.

I think the current implementation of 2G+ does not make sense.

I understand the situation is bad and been vaccinated is not enough for certain things, therefore vaccine + test sounds reasonable.    So in order to be safe in the place I want to get in I have to be vaccinated or recovered and I need to bring a test.  Such test I have to do it in a line with all the antivaxers, waiting there for 15 to 60 minutes, outside with this weather.  It sounds like a crap plan.   

P.S., And I have to fill up a form, which then they have to be written again by the person there in another paper.  And I have to wait there for another paper.  What?

I went to the Hofbrauhaus for a late breakfast this morning, strong 2G check at the door, not many customers but filled up as lunchtime approached. Also 2G checked at the Vikmarkt for outside fish semmel and wine!

16 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I think the current implementation of 2G+ does not make sense.

I understand the situation is bad and been vaccinated is not enough for certain things, therefore vaccine + test sounds reasonable.    So in order to be safe in the place I want to get in I have to be vaccinated or recovered and I need to bring a test.  Such test I have to do it in a line with all the antivaxers, waiting there for 15 to 60 minutes, outside with this weather.  It sounds like a crap plan.   

P.S., And I have to fill up a form, which then they have to be written again by the person there in another paper.  And I have to wait there for another paper.  What?

I think a self test is ok if you do it in front of the restaurant staff at least here in Niedersachsen and some states are no longer requiring a test from people who've had their booster.

How does the restaurant staff have the time to oversee self-testing to make sure it is done properly and then wait and watch for results?

45 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

How does the restaurant staff have the time to oversee self-testing to make sure it is done properly and then wait and watch for results?

The same way they check for each and every corona-pass. They don't. They check the first 2 and then ask if all have them...

The big difference is if there is a police check, they can fine the restaurant for having accepted a person without corona-pass. With a self test, they can't be fined.

We just got our boosters. Now I'm thinking, "Should we have done it together? What if we both get ill?" Then I remembered that I have plenty of yogurt and bananas and grits and oatmeal so I'm good. Not so sure about Him.

So I got Biontech following my AZ and Biontech. They also had Moderna but doc said this is the best combination for me.

Send me some no Shuttelfrost vibes, please.

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

We just got our boosters. Now I'm thinking, "Should we have done it together? What if we both get ill?" Then I remembered that I have plenty of yogurt and bananas and grits and oatmeal so I'm good. Not so sure about Him.

So I got Biontech following my AZ and Biontech. They also had Moderna but doc said this is the best combination for me.

Let us know how you're getting on, I'm getting mine on Friday.

Sending you no Schuttelfrost vibes

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Not so sure about Him!😂

Delightful😂!

22 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I went to the Hofbrauhaus for a late breakfast this morning, strong 2G check at the door, not many customers but filled up as lunchtime approached. Also 2G checked at the Vikmarkt for outside fish semmel and wine!

yes, I look forward to my retirement as well 

14 minutes ago, yesterday said:

yes, I look forward to my retirement as well 

Yep good to be getting something out of those pensions that have cost me so much for so many years.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Sheer hell for me. He is OK. It feels like having a bad flu. I hope I'm done tomorrow.

Had my booster last week _Biontech following 2 x AZ, no problems not even a sore arm this time, get better soon.

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Yep good to be getting something out of those pensions that have cost me so much for so many years.

That's probably not the way the International Association of Pension Funds was thinking when they conspired to invent the virus.:lol:

1 hour ago, jeba said:

That's probably not the way the International Association of Pension Funds was thinking when they conspired to invent the virus.:lol:

Naw they didn't need to do that, the odds are on their side the house always wins in the end!