3G in Restaurants?

3,588 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

I seen't it too. 

Nos'hit.

15 minutes ago, Tap said:

I was teaching someone yesterday who told me that her sister's father-in-law had a heart attack last week.  They called an ambulance and it had to drive around the northern area of Frankfurt for 2 hours, looking for a hospital to take him.  He died in the back of the ambulance.  

Jesus that's awful. This, THIS is what these anti-vaxxers have caused!

Yeah, my sympathy is zero. I’d make them at least partially pay for their medical care and in case of triage -really in worst case- deprioritize the unvaccinated by choice. And sleep like a baby afterward.

49 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Jesus that's awful. This, THIS is what these anti-vaxxers have caused!

Except it´s not. While they might be part of the problem, it´s not a new problem. It happens every year but this year there is a scapegoat minority for everyone to blame.

It happens in Germany: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/intensivmedizin-alles-belegt-1.3711141

It happens in the UK: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/mar/07/patients-turned-away-intensive-care-lack-beds-shortage-hospitals

It happened before COVID and it will continue after Covid . Who will you blame then ? 

29 minutes ago, emkay said:

Happened to my husband some years ago. He’d had his 4th heart attack and no beds available in any local hospitals. He ended up having to sleep in a corridor. 

Yes. It's terrible and it's a failure of health authorities to prepare for a winter surge. Blaming one group of people this year is a bit misguided and ignoring the larger picture. 

2 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

I’d make them at least partially pay for their medical care and in case of triage deprioritize the unvaccinated by choice.

👍  By nature I have empathy, but I agree that people would be apt to make better choices if they were forced to consider the consequences.  

I drew the parallel between avti-vaxxers and smokers because...

Anti vaxxers say: my body my choice.

I'm not stopping you get vaccinated, don't force me to get vaxed.

And that's like a smoker sitting beside you saying: If you don't like smoking don't smoke.

You still inhale their smoke, and your clothes stink.

7 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Yes and considering that most of them are anti-abortion, more than a little ironic.

11 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

And that's like a smoker sitting beside you saying: If you don't like smoking don't smoke.

You still inhale their smoke, and your clothes stink.

Steve Martin covered this back in the 1970s:

"Hey, do you mind if I smoke?"

"No, do you mind if I fart?"

22 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

No they don´t which is the problem I have with them.

An Anti Vaxxer  says "I`m not vaccinated and you shouldn´t be either because you´re injecting poison into you,big pharma,NWO" etc.

Someone who chooses not to get vaxxed in the case of Covid for example most times doesn´t even talk about it let alone try to get other people not to get vaxxed.

39 minutes ago, Keleth said:

An Anti Vaxxer  says "I`m not vaccinated and you shouldn´t be either because you´re injecting poison into you,big pharma,NWO" etc.

I've found it's the other way round. People like yourself say 'I'm vaccinated but in order for it to work properly you need to get vaccinated too'. A lot of covid  vaccine hesitant people just want you and others like you to leave them alone.

22 minutes ago, Keleth said:

No they don´t which is the problem I have with them.

Yes, they do. I see them carrying the signs that say so at many antivaxx protests. I also hear them shout it out.

antivax.jpg.1bb1b75309891aabbf609ba5f2dc