3G in Restaurants?

1,853 posts in this topic

On 27/11/2021, 21:40:54, AlexTr said:

Really? Why did you put British on your profile?

Screenshot_20211127-214140_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for marriage to a German and two kids later...A German Passport Handed  to me without any prerequisites. Apologies for not telling the Towytown Police but I am officialy German and had a wonderful meal out tonight without showing my papers;)

If you press control and right click inside those quote boxes you get a tiny drop down menu and the choice to delete them. Or you can type a little bit before and after a box and then delete the whole lot in one go.

Then your posts will look a tiny bit less crap.

On 27/11/2021, 21:53:00, john g. said:

Hm... your English is excellent... though with the typical modern English native speaker apostrophe abuse in your posts. And you must be fairly young because an older person would spell apartheid... erm.. as apartheid. I've never seen your " variant " ( Covid joke😂) of the word!

Ok, own up! Wo kommst Du her? Germany or Nottingham?😂

Hm... your English is excellent... though with the typical modern English native speaker apostrophe abuse in your posts. And you must be fairly young because an older person would spell apartheid... erm.. as apartheid. I've never seen your " variant " ( Covid joke😂) of the word!

Ok, own up! Wo kommst Du her? Germany or Nottingham?😂

My English is not excellent but nether the less I grew up in London to German parents and in later life moved to Germany and married a German Frau and have two kids together. Even from a child I held a German passport so I am pretty German in the eyes of the law! 

Maybe he has a stutter IRL.

Wonder if he is not really called Tony, muses Sherlock. Again.

And folks, without a really clean and highly polished crystal ball, it is excusable if you don't get that last comment. I shall not hold it against you.

6 hours ago, kiplette said:

Then your posts will look a tiny bit less crap.

The content won't be any less crap, though.

14 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Been saying from the beginning that pandemics eventually die out when a more contagious but less deadly variant becomes dominant.

Bloody hell.  Some sense at last.  I can't believe I actually agree with this guy for the first time. 

53 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

The content won't be any less crap, though.

Its English is so bad I doubt it is British or German. 

Fantastic. I am sure you have pondered to yourselves how the illness might have progressed without prior vaccination.

5 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Fantastic. I am sure you have pondered to yourselves how the illness might have progressed without prior vaccination.

Yep. I had the pleasure of talking with a colleague (around 40 years old) on Friday who is bed ridden with Corona. It sounded bad. I learned today he was unvaccinated.

43 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

Yep. I had the pleasure of talking with a colleague (around 40 years old) on Friday who is bed ridden with Corona. It sounded bad. I learned today he was unvaccinated.

My Trumper cousin's entire family was diagnosed with Covid the day before Thanksgiving. They are still saying it's not so bad.

18 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

My Trumper cousin's entire family was diagnosed with Covid the day before Thanksgiving. They are still saying it's not so bad.

I know of an entire unvaccinated extended family on this side of the pond who have had it.  So far nothing really bad has happened, and trying to even discuss it with them is a lost cause.  😕  I wanted to escape the polarization of Trumpland, but now we live in the polarization of Coronaland, which is actually much larger.   😔

9 hours ago, Jonny said:

Bloody hell.  Some sense at last.  I can't believe I actually agree with this guy for the first time. 

Is there anyone on here who didn´t think that,the primary example being the spanish flu.

However it´s what you do to stop people dying and being affected for life by it that´s the test.

Yer we know your answer is let everyone suffer as long as you don´t get inconvenienced.

Covid: All UK adults to be offered booster jab

Looks like the UK are putting their trust in vaccination not only that they are recommending the booster jab after 3 months instead of 6 and offering a 2nd Bion-tech jab to teenagers. The have reintroduced some mask wearing regulations but nothing else,  unlike here and in Austria where more draconian ones are in place or proposed . They claim it is in response to fears of the Omicrom variant though I suspect there is also an unvoiced concern at the steadily increasing rate of delta infection which has been high since the summer and is still rising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59465577