3G in Restaurants?

4,741 posts in this topic

I go to the Oktoberfest this year, but I live 5 minutes on foot away, so no public transportation needed. I doubt people will wear a mask after 3-4 Mass on the way back 👻. The U4/U5 typically have the old carriages from the 1970s running. No A/C, but you can open a window. It will not help a lot since carriages are packed with people, but immerhin.

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

But not all can choose not to use public transport.  And sure, if they wear masks it will help.  But it will hellp all immune suppressed and otherwise vulnerable people to wear a mask.  

I wholeheartedly agree.  I'm not worried about myself, but my busses and trains are full with at risk people who must use public trans.  I feel it's my duty to participate in keeping them as safe as possible.  It's a minor inconvenience.

2 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I wholeheartedly agree.  I'm not worried about myself, but my busses and trains are full with at risk people who must use public trans.  I feel it's my duty to participate in keeping them as safe as possible.  It's a minor inconvenience.

please don't bother, quite happy to stay at home  for a couple of days with the sniffles and anyone who is at danger of getting seriously ill should stay at home anyway.

11 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I feel it's my duty to participate in keeping them as safe as possible.  It's a minor inconvenience.

You don't need to keep them safe. The government has already done that.  They'll have had a 95% safe and effective vaccine plus multiple boosters so they'll be almost 100% protected against severe illness. 

12 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I agree with you.  And it is so widespread at the moment.  Vaccines do not work for the immune suppressed.  They can choose not to go to parties, or to the Octoberfest.  But food shopping and public transport they need  And to work. Our bike shop guy wanted masks.  He has a visible Chemo port for his cancer.  I guess I should say "fuck you, freeedom" and take my bike somewhere else to get fixed.

10 hours ago, paulyg said:

please don't bother, quite happy to stay at home  for a couple of days with the sniffles and anyone who is at danger of getting seriously ill should stay at home anyway.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. My nephew and his wife (both in their 20ies) had covid a few months ago. They were seriously ill for more than a month. At least I'd call it serious if you're bedbound with fever of 40°C, muscle pain, headache, cough etc. and are struggling to go to the bathroom without help. Officially though, this is a mild case because no hospitalization was needed.

Took me a year to get over it... and there are scars. I was absolutely not what you would expect if you were trying to spot candidates for severe illness. 

Russian Roulette. And if you draw the short straw you will not enjoy it. Or its aftermath. But you are invincible, right ?

12 hours ago, paulyg said:

I live in a neighborhood with a senior housing complex and lots of elderly who (colds, flu, and vaccines aside) are at high risk.  They often live alone and need to shop and do other errands.  Sometimes they would like to take a bus ride and get a change of scenery with a walk somewhere else.  Forcing such folks to have to indefinitely stay sequestered at home or move to assisted living to avoid outings is cruel and selfish.  I treat people the way I hope to be treated if/when I’m ancient or compromised.  JMO.

Are you still going to take the shot?

I'm back from my vacation.

In Turkey doesn't exist C-19 anymore, no masks inflight required.

The taste of normal life is great.

And back in DE, with masks in public transport... WTF...

I want to go back in Turkey, was better.

12 hours ago, Jonny said:

You don't need to keep them safe. The government has already done that.  They'll have had a 95% safe and effective vaccine plus multiple boosters so they'll be almost 100% protected against severe illness. 

And other road users wear seatbelts and have nowadays incredibly safe cars so let's keep on drunk driving.

5 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Don't think anyone here would want to stop you.:P

I still have vacation days left, make a donation for a hotel and I'll be gone for two more weeks.

On 10/09/2022, 16:29:18, Mr.Bear said:

I'm back from my vacation.

In Turkey doesn't exist C-19 anymore, no masks inflight required.

The taste of normal life is great.

And back in DE, with masks in public transport... WTF...

I can only wonder at your valuation of freedoms if you think having to wear a mask on public transport is so bad compared to journalists being imprisoned for criticising the Turkish government or President and the ongoing suppression and discrimination of women in Turkey!