3G in Restaurants?

4,534 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

This is such an egregious misrepresentation of the contents of the link. The cases are not linked to Covid vaccinations (despite your blatant attempts to add a connection) . From the site itself:

" Since mid-May 2020, CDC has been tracking case reports of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C), a rare but serious condition associated with COVID-19. CDC is working to learn more about why some children and adolescents develop MIS-C after having COVID-19 or contact with someone with COVID-19, while others do not. "

43 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

What is the problem to wear a mask in a fucking northern Europe? 

In case you were not aware of the weather, it reached over 40 C even in the UK and regularly over 35 in most of Northern Europe this summer, add to that the complete failure to cope with such temperatures of the AC in most transport systems and perhaps that might give you a hint. Its a fucking uncomfortable nuisance basically, and as more people see others flouting the law which is not enforced the more will think it must be OK.

I think the main issue now is not the number of infections, but the number of deaths.  Its clear that Omikron is less lethal than the previous viruses, but there are still 100 to 200 Covid deaths daily in Germany, which no Government should sit back and shrug their shoulders over. 

Clearly a large proportion of the population think that they are relatively safe, and therefore are happy to risk mixing indoors without a mask. That is so but a large part of the population are at risk, either due to their age or due to having medical pre-conditions (Voerkrankungen). Some of these are high blood pressure, diabetes, bronchial/lung, heart related. Even if you just take high blood pressure, that's a large proportion of the population.  Also, there are something like 8 million diabetics in Germany.  I read somewhere, that if you have one of these, you are at extra risk, and 2 or more you are at extra extra risk of ending up in intensive care. 

I would guess that the number of Covid deaths in Germany now exceeds the number in the UK.  That is despite the UK relaxing all the Covid rules several months back. There is a reason for that, and my guess is that its down to the higher vacc rate in the UK.  Whilst we have a hardcore in Germany who are refusing to get vaxxed, we will lag behind countries like the UK in terms of getting on top of the numbers and deaths. 

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

What is the problem to wear a mask in a fucking northern Europe?

That all a fucking depends on where the government is telling you to wear a mask.  Crowded buses and hospitals and old folks homes, fine.  Outdoors?  That should be optional.  

11 minutes ago, alexunterwegs said:

I would guess that the number of Covid deaths in Germany now exceeds the number in the UK.

Actually that is not so, the UK has approximately 186.000 while Germany is approximately 145.000, although currently the infection rate (infections per million) in Germany is higher than the UK.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I maintain that millions more would have died from covid or had long covid without the vax. No, the vax doesn't prevent it but it still saves lives.

I mostly agree with you, but how effective the existing vaccines have been in saving lives with Omicron infections I'm much less sure and would welcome any data that proves it. I am sceptical about the new vaccine, "improved, more effective" are not the words I am looking for as results from a small (437 people) trial. I was hoping for  "gives immunity"!

However, while there is better protection against known variants, it is uncertain what we will be facing in the coming months and exactly how well the updated vaccine will perform.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62548336?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

16 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I was hoping for  "gives immunity"!

That would be nice. I'm OK with "not dying" in the meantime.

20 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Actually that is not so, the UK has approximately 186.000 while Germany is approximately 145.000, although currently the infection rate (infections per million) in Germany is higher than the UK.

That last bit is the important bit.  I'm aware that the UK got off to a very bad start. 

3 hours ago, silty1 said:

That all a fucking depends on where the government is telling you to wear a mask.  Crowded buses and hospitals and old folks homes, fine.  Outdoors?  That should be optional.  

I was in hospital in Hamburg the other week for a few days. I had a private room. I had to put on a mask whenever I left the room but no obligation when alone. Hospital staff came in sometimes - food, coffee, apply eyedrops etc and there was no fuss I wasn't masked. They weren't always, either.

I remember getting into a lift with supposedly only two people allowed in at a time. I got in with an old lady, who complained when two junior doctors also came in. They told her the rates of infection ( Indizen ) were low amongst hospital staff!

11 minutes ago, john g. said:

They told her the rates of infection ( Indizen ) were low amongst hospital staff!

I guess they are all vaxxed.

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I guess they are all vaxxed.

Probably.. but they could still pass it on, I presume.

I expect so. So was I before being allowed to check myself into the " hotel."😂

15 minutes ago, john g. said:

Probably.. but they could still pass it on, I presume.

Not just that but as we know they could still get it, so a sign of the general perception, even from those on the front line, of how serious people are now taking covid and mask wearing.

22 minutes ago, john g. said:

I expect so. So was I before being allowed to check myself into the " hotel."😂

Who knows?  Hubby had a follow-up hospital appt recently and was told to bring a negative test result.  Of course no one asked to see it.  🤷‍♀️

Evening, BethAnnBitt👍👍

They told me to bring a PCR test not older than 48 hours but there was a weekend inbetween. So I phoned the hospital and they said "ok, make it longer then."

So I did the test on Friday afternoon with hospital admittance due 10 am on Monday.

Come Monday morning and no email from the Test Centre so I combined Gassegehen with dog Mandy with visiting the Test Centre - just around the corner. " We warned you it would take longer but we do have it in the system and I'll print it for you."

The hospital insisted on it when I checked in. No way did I want to miss the opportunity to get my eye fixed after all this time...

Edit: China update. For God's sake.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-62547503

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We all survived the 3G rules before. We can do it again. Everyone gets to choose as before. What's the BFD??

I think most of us have heard there is a "new" vaccine coming out in October that is supposed to be more effective against the newer strains of covid. We will see.

It has already been approved in the UK: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-variant-adapted-covid-vaccine-105103644.html?.tsrc=fin-notif

@Jonny

:huh: Everyone knows the vaccines are not effective in preventing infection from covid Omicron variants, hells bells in case you missed it, even the president of the USA got it. What's your point?

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

@Jonny

What's your point?

Schadenfreude?? Amusement at the fact that prominent people need to tell the world they're infected and then trot out the expected line....but thank goodness I'm x times vaccinated. 

It's like the CEO of Durex tweeting that his wife is pregnant but thank goodness he was wearing a condom. 

What do you expect he is CEO of one of the major covid vaccine manufactures? If he had tried to keep it quiet and in the likely event it was found out we would have had MrBear and his likes claiming it was a conspiracy of some sort,:rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's like the CEO of Durex tweeting that his wife is pregnant but thank goodness he was wearing a condom. 

Given your Nom de guerre here I wonder if that reference to Durex is more of a joke than you intended.:)