3G in Restaurants?

3,584 posts in this topic

Funny, I used to attract them on the bus. The man with the bomb in his bag always sat next to me.

Then there was that drunk Irishman I couldn t get away from on a packed plane...

Somehow I seem to send out signals to their carefully attuned atennae. I never looked upon it as an achievement though.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Funny, I used to attract them on the bus. The man with the bomb in his bag always sat next to me.

As in:

16 hours ago, jeba said:

Would you mind sharing your name and address so we can ask the Ausländeramt to cancel your residence permit?

I am German you fool!

2 minutes ago, paulyg said:

I am German you fool!

Really? Why did you put British on your profile?

Screenshot_20211127-214140_Samsung Internet.jpg

10 minutes ago, paulyg said:

I am German you fool!

Hm... your English is excellent... though with the typical modern English native speaker apostrophe abuse in your posts. And you must be fairly young because an older person would spell apartheid... erm.. as apartheid. I've never seen your " variant " ( Covid joke😂) of the word!

Ok, own up! Wo kommst Du her? Germany or Nottingham?😂

From Welt.de:

Ärzte in Südafrika sind noch dabei, Omikron-Patienten zu untersuchen. Bisherige Erkenntnisse sind besorgniserregend: So unterscheiden sich die Symptome einer Infektion von bisher bekannten. Zwar sei der Krankheitsverlauf milder, doch Infektionen als solche nicht leicht zu erkennen. 

„Die Patienten klagen meist über einen schmerzenden Körper und Müdigkeit, extreme Müdigkeit, und wir sehen es bei der jüngeren Generation, nicht bei den älteren Menschen“, sagte sie. Es handele sich nicht um Patienten, die direkt in ein Krankenhaus eingeliefert würden, sagte Coetzee.

https://www.welt.de/gesundheit/article235328686/Suedafrikanische-Aerzte-Schmerzen-extreme-Muedigkeit-Was-ueber-Omikron-Patienten-bekannt-ist.html

So, the new variant brings milder symptoms than standard Covid so far, consisting of pains in the body and tiredness. If this remains true then it’s actually not bad news, hysterics aside. The disease is mutating to something more contagious but less worrisome.

Yep if true it's good news. It's becoming "just another Corona virus" hopefully. I'd still be concerned about long Covid though. 

26 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Yep if true it's good news. It's becoming "just another Corona virus" hopefully. I'd still be concerned about long Covid though. 

the vaccination rate in SA is low, the chances are good that the vaccine helps at least partially which would make it even better.

I’m feeling just fine now from the infection 12 days ago and yesterday did as much sports (spinning bike in my hobby room gym) as my usual, and it felt the same during and afterward. I like the vaccine.

But a dumb fuck anti-vaxxer would just insist "but you still got Covid so the vaccine don't work". They don't do shades of grey. The vaccines are incredible. Millions of lives saved already.

You may end up wanting to hit someone, but it’s counterproductive. You might wind up questioning your sanity, too. I promise, the problem isn’t you, it’s them. ->  Elliot Kay

I’m done arguing. I’ll just vote for whatever party favors an Impfpflicht the most.

PS: in the meantime many of the major German news outlets are reporting on the lack of worrying developments in patients infected with the new variant. According to BBC and CNN we ought to prepare for Armageddon. Sometimes I wish the world was a bit more German.

Israel closed its borders for foreign tourists starting from tomorrow. 

Vaccinated returnee citizens will require 3 days quarantine, non vaccinated 7 days (but those cannot really travel anywhere). 

No additional measures within the country are planned so far. 

Shit Bet (antiterror security service) will be used to track that people comply. I am very sceptical about this, last time the idea to use tracking for terrorists to track quarantine compliance has failed. 

1 hour ago, mtbiking said:

According to BBC and CNN we ought to prepare for Armageddon.

IMHO a lot of the trouble around Covid-19 has been caused / fanned by the media.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Shit Bet (antiterror security service) will be used to track that people comply. I am very sceptical about this, last time the idea to use tracking for terrorists to track quarantine compliance has failed. 

Fantastic typo yourkeau!

Been saying from the beginning that pandemics eventually die out when a more contagious but less deadly variant becomes dominant.

14 hours ago, murphaph said:

14 hours ago, murphaph said:

On 27/11/2021, 05:15:45, jeba said:

On 27/11/2021, 21:40:54, AlexTr said:

On 27/11/2021, 05:15:45, jeba said: