3G in Restaurants?

4,505 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

I need an answer to this enigma.

Why this veteran is arrested in UK because of a post on Twitter?

You could always google it idiot!

A video purportedly showing a U.K. Army veteran being arrested for “causing anxiety” by retweeting a controversial meme of a swastika made from images of gay pride flags is shocking people globally.

22 minutes ago, john g. said:

Too many people are power-possessed and their ego is only satisfied if others they disagree with are punished. This goes for radicals of all political and religious persuasions.

3 cops and they didn't even have an exact charge!

Anyone get arrested for suggesting social media wide the other week the Union Flags in London at the time of the Jubilee reminded them of Nazi Germany?

This trial by social media is f...ing dangerous. 

Is it not reasonable though that someone can complain about an offensive or threatening post on social media and the respondent be required to answer the charges?

18 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Is it not reasonable though that someone can complain about an offensive or threatening post on social media and the respondent be required to answer the charges?

Agreed but not if the " suspect " is handcuffed and three cops don't even know what the " threat " was. Over the top, in my opinion.

Would you like three cops to come to your door and handcuff you and say " someone said you posted something on an expat forum which upset someone. We don't know who it was or what you said but handcuffs it is." ?

And a reaction even amongst the police:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubliner-arrested-uk-causing-anxiety-24653444

It certainly looks to be heavy handed and out of proportion by the police.

PCC Donna Jones, crime commissioner for Hampshire, blasted the arrest. She said: “I am concerned about both the proportionality and necessity of the police’s response to this incident.”

On the other hand though all I saw was a 20 sec clip showing the man already in handcuffs confronting 3 policemen, was this the result of an escalation and call for reinforcements or maybe the man known to be violent.

Whatever arrests for such offences are not new and I don't think you can entirely blame the police in such instances it might have been a crazy nutter, like MrBear!;)

50 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

It is reasonable that people can complain when offended by a social media post.  It's not reasonable that a number of police confront someone in the first instance.  Maybe they should be out looking for 'real criminals'.

53 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It is reasonable that people can complain when offended by a social media post.  It's not reasonable that a number of police confront someone in the first instance.  Maybe they should be out looking for 'real criminals'.

And if there allegations made on  social media  that a person is about to blow up a bomb in a public area, that is kinda backed up by other evidence, does that give the police the right to shoot somebody ?, or should the police just question the person ?? and maybe the police would die, if he really had a bomb and set it off while the police were talking to him.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jean_Charles_de_Menezes

7 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Why this veteran is arrested in UK because of a post on Twitter?

Why do the press always describe them as veterans as though that automatically makes them some kind of untouchable hero.

Does anyone realise that the Armed Forces has its fair share of bigots.

As to why the police arrested him, I don´t know if you´ve been paying attention to any news recently that doesn´t involve any of your conspiracy theories but in the past couple of years the police seem to have stopped concentrating on what we would describe as crime and gone more into being the govts lapdogs and drifting towards being the thought police.

Nice try to divert the discussion, but Austrian police did nothing to a doctor who received death threats, apparently, while the criminals were from Germany (as if there is no European Arrest Warrant and as if this is not a crime both in Germany and Austria). 

Querkender are untouchable for the police. 

4 hours ago, Keleth said:

Why do the press always describe them as veterans as though that automatically makes them some kind of untouchable hero.

Does anyone realise that the Armed Forces has its fair share of bigots.

More than a fair share I would say and according to the link below he was a Dubliner, says it all really,  I'm surprised they only sent 3 bobbies and not a fully armed SWAT team.:)

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubliner-arrested-uk-causing-anxiety-24653444

Please don't call the police on me.

... and if you call them I really don't care.

16 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Please don't call the police on me.

... and if you call them I really don't care.

Don't worry it won't be the police but the men in white coats who will be coming for you.:lol:

This thread is like a car crash, you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself. 

Ahhhhh summertime.  Don't you just love that rich smell of horseshit?

3 hours ago, vulturesquadron said:

"Disappearing COVID-19 'Facts'

CDC ‘Facts’ about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines are slowly disappearing from the history books.

the “mRNA and spike protein doesn’t last long in the body” bullet point has quietly disappeared."

https://nakedemperor.substack.com/p/disappearing-covid-19-facts/comments

This is from the country that has just redefined the meaning of 'recession' just like they changed the the meaning of 'vaccination' and 'herd immunity'.

Nothing surprises me unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

"Disappearing COVID-19 'Facts'

Other than making it simpler for the stupid I fail to see how the update of a fact check against antivaxx propaganda, shown in the link you included, in any way gives evidence of a conspiracy! There is even this:-

(There is however a link (at the bottom of the page) to an external webpage, which discusses “How long Do mRNA and Spike Proteins Last in the Body?”. This is in the archived version and hasn’t been removed in the updated version.)

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

This is from the country that has just redefined the meaning of 'recession' just like they changed the the meaning of 'vaccination' and 'herd immunity'.

Would you care to explain that or did you just make it up?

50 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Would you care to explain that or did you just make it up?

That is the truth, moron, google it!

Vaccine definition was changed as COVID-19 virus shots weakened 

That is, vaccines previously were defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as inoculants that "produce immunity to a specific disease." But last September, as the failure of the COVID-19 vaccines to "produce immunity" was realized, the CDC changed the definition. Now the CDC defines a vaccine as "a preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases."

The new definition contains nothing about the sufficiency of the immune response stimulated by the vaccine. Presumably a preparation that produces even an insufficient immune response can be considered a vaccine now.

The CDC acknowledges that fully vaccinated people can become infected with the COVID-19 virus and, even while without symptoms, can infect other people. Indeed, last week more than 30% of the people in Connecticut hospitals who were being treated for COVID-19 were fully vaccinated, and state government has recorded more than 80,000 cases of fully vaccinated people who still have come down with the virus.

---------------------

Why Did the WHO Alter Its Definition of “Herd Immunity?”

AIER: Why WHO Changed Definition of Herd Immunity on its Website?

Man, fuck this shit. Here are some very fine lads, willing to participate further into medical testing bussiness,

without even knowing what they shoot up their veins.

Need some fentanil? Is not a drug, is a vitamin. Trust the science!

On 31/07/2022, 13:31:23, Jonny said:

Didn't she kill herself ?

On 31/07/2022, 19:55:49, Jonny said:

Yes.  She may have been driven to it but that's not murder is it ?

She was harassed not just on social media but in her clinic, her staff were also, so she had to hire security and eventually to close. She coudn't re-open because her staff were afraid. She was therefore not only at extreme risk but also going bust. That is an enormous pressure to be under.

Why do you not agree that such action is reprehensible?

Pro/anti vaccination, whatever, that behaviour is vile.

Your comments suggest that you think death threats are fine. That is hugely problematic.

Two good news:

1. Generalstaatsanwaltschaft München has opened investigation against one Querdenker from Upper Bavaria who is suspected in murdering the Austrian doctor.

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/deutschland-welt/fall-kellermayr-generalstaatsanwaltschaft-muenchen-ermittelt,TDYx802

2. Antivaxx doctor from Garmisch jailed for 2 years for issuing fake mask exception certificates. Generally, in Germany you don't go to jail if the crime is not violent, and you're first time offender. The only reason why the judge did not issue punishment on probation was refusal of the doctor to admit being guilty.

Well, at least this Querdenker is not a hypocrite, she has some respect from me.

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/falsche-maskenatteste-gefaengnisstrafe-fuer-aerztin,TDXKLRI

Unfortunately she got only 3 years Berufsverbot. In Israel doctors get lifelong license revokation for much milder offenses.