3G in Restaurants?

4,478 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2022, 11:16:55, Jonny said:

That's a shame Anna66. Of course if you were not immunised against something you can expect to catch it . What if you were immunised against covid ? Would you expect to catch it ??

Today I found a paper copy of the Oxford English dictionary from quite a few years ago.  Interesting definition of vaccination.  It seemed to say a vaccine immunised you against a disease.  Ie made you immune.  It didn't say you would still catch it, transmit it,  be a bit less sick etc.  Makes me think maybe these covid 'vaccinations' should be reclassified as some other kind of treatment.  They certainly don't fit the classic definition of 'vaccine' .

Well, they do if you're not a) thick or b)Obtuse

You're not even prepared to commit to a definition rather that it "seems" to be something.  You're definitely in a).

The Origins of Inoculation, Arthur Boylston

... "In 1714, a letter written by Emanuel Timonius at Constaninople was circulated around Europe and read to the Royal Society by John Woodward.

[...]  …They that have this inoculation practised upon them are subject to very slight symptoms, some being scarce sensible they are ill or sick" [...]

When this was published in the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society it triggered a reply from Cotton Mather, a minister in Boston, Massachusetts.

[...] " Otherwise this Practice is so innocent, and so sure, that out of a hundred Persons inoculated not two die; whereas on the contrary, out of a hundred Persons that are infected with the Small-Pox the natural Way, there die commonly about thirty."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3407399/

Immunisation, says the OED, means making people immune to = resistant to = able to withstand a disease. It doesn't mean they won't get it. It didn't mean that in 1714, and it still doesn't mean that.

6 hours ago, anne k said:

Immunisation, says the OED, means making people immune to = resistant to = able to withstand a disease. 

Then in this case C-19 vaxx is not immunisation, you still get it and you still get ill and you still transmit it further.

Some of them will die/are dying, still with 3-4 vaxx, that's not immunisation, is smth else.

Don't forget that 99% of the people will withstand c-19 without any vaxx or treatment and will just recover.

1122.jpg

On 6.6.2022, 23:16:55, Jonny said:

That's a shame Anna66. Of course if you were not immunised against something you can expect to catch it . What if you were immunised against covid ? Would you expect to catch it ??

Today I found a paper copy of the Oxford English dictionary from quite a few years ago.  Interesting definition of vaccination.  It seemed to say a vaccine immunised you against a disease.  Ie made you immune.  It didn't say you would still catch it, transmit it,  be a bit less sick etc.  Makes me think maybe these covid 'vaccinations' should be reclassified as some other kind of treatment.  They certainly don't fit the classic definition of 'vaccine' .

I was also immunised against Polio, diptheria, tetanus and whooping cough. Never caught any of those. I get my booster every 10 years. The new booster is a 4 in one vaccine. That's right 4 in one. Polio, diptheria, tetanus and whooping cough all with one immunisation! Fantastic!

Never had any side effects from the immunisation except a very sore arm afterwards. In fact the covid immunisation was even easier and less symptoms. With the 4 in one my arm hurt for a week. With the covid vaccination it hurt for 2 days. That was it.

I heard Polio is a very nasty disease, you can end up in an iron lung... oh and tetanus... whooping cough... diptheria...terrible...

I also had my BCG Tuberculosis immunisation when I was 14. They seemed to have stopped doing that recently.... Not many people immunised nowadays against smallpox either... but there you go.

I have  always been immunised since I was a small baby against these terrible diseases. Lucky me. Modern medicine is great.

Sadly there is no immunisation against stupidity and bullsh*t though. Especially from anti vax people...It is like a bad case of tinnitus

21 hours ago, anne k said:

Immunisation, says the OED, means making people immune to = resistant to = able to withstand a disease. 

Then in this case C-19 vaxx is not immunisation, you still get it and you still get ill and you still transmit it further.

Ah, then it's the idea of being able to withstand a disease that is causing you confusion. I caught Covid, but I withstood it, which means that I didn't die (or indeed have any serious symptoms or after-effects). My body resisted the virus, meaning that it fought it off effectively. The opposite would be to succumb to the virus, meaning "To yield to the attacks of a disease, the effect of wounds, an operation, etc.; hence, to die."

When using a dictionary, if you're not clear on the words in the definition, you can always look them up too, just to make sure you get the idea, though I realise that process could potentially go on forever :)

To be fair, this thread is so off topic. Title is 3G in restaurants and it has turned into an Anti Vaxx debate. It will never end just same old repetetion of people who are for and against vaccinations. Same old over and over. An eternal return. Repetition is also a brain washing technique but that is a topic for another thread. This thread is way off topic.

14 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

As I said earlier, it's the Groundhog Day thread.

Or Russian Doll, I love that series, how she keeps ending up in the bathroom :)

59 minutes ago, anne k said:

Ah, then it's the idea of being able to withstand a disease that is causing you confusion. I caught Covid, but I withstood it, which means that I didn't die (or indeed have any serious symptoms or after-effects). My body resisted the virus, meaning that it fought it off effectively. The opposite would be to succumb to the virus, meaning "To yield to the attacks of a disease, the effect of wounds, an operation, etc.; hence, to die."

When using a dictionary, if you're not clear on the words in the definition, you can always look them up too, just to make sure you get the idea, though I realise that process could potentially go on forever :)

And if I get C-19, without vaxx and I will not die then what you will call that?

Miracle?

If I follow your logic - anyone who's not vaxxed will die if he/she will be infected with c-19, right?

What a bunch of morons here.

29 minutes ago, Mr.Bear said:

And if I get C-19, without vaxx and I will not die then what you will call that?

Then you will not get a Darwin award. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

Wake the fuck up, morons!

Interesting video. I wonder how they will track the methane, after all this is also contributing to global warming. We all know about cow farts, but what about human farts? Will we all be issued with RFID underpants which track our farts? so they know how often we omit methane? Does burping also contribute to global warming? will this also be monitored? Will there be a tax on oxygen soon? Will there be rationing? Will it really be like Brave New world?

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/un-mulls-fart-tax-for-methane-belching-cows/

https://piligrim-accounting.com/cow-flatulence-tax/

Remember, every fart and burp counts.

I suggested it before on the climate change thread, but why not make energy from all this methane? Poop power. It is staring us all in the faces.

"Don't flush down the brown, send the energy uptown!"

China system, everyone and everywhere.

Surveillance 1 on 1.

Lucas app and all that Covid apps was done to get people used to it, was not about individual safety.

What if next year an unvaxxed will not be able to enter a food shop to buy what he needs because he got no app on his phone and he's unvaxxed, like is going now in China?

Time will tell, but the future is very grim.

2 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

What if next year an unvaxxed will not be able to enter a food shop to buy what he needs because he got no app on his phone and he's unvaxxed, like is going now in China?

Time will tell, but the future is very grim.

Why so worried about the future for the unvaxxed, according to you everyone who has been vaccinated will be dead and gone by Christmas so you (the chosen unvaxxed) will be the ones writing the rules.:lol::lol::P

@mrbear clearly has mental issues and is probably not getting enough of the mood stabilizers they spray with chemtrails. Gonna have to advise the alien lizards in the shadow world government to up the dose in the tap water, and reverse the polarity of the neutron flow in the activation 5G energy!

C'mon man, it must be doubleplusungood living in constant fear of the big bad alien lizards! Just get chipped and join us in blissful ignorance working the mask mines! We have cake spiked with soma!

if I get C-19, without vaxx and I will not die then what you will call that?

I'd call that very common, as most unvaccinated people don't die of Covid. If you're one of the unfortunate others who die or suffer very badly, I'd feel very bad for you and your family, and sorry that social media has this awful side-effect of helping to spread incorrect information, fear of conspiracies and confusion.

Acording to Pfizer CEO I am an fanatical:

What's your opinion?

Waiting for best description ever to be posted here.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bear said:

Acording to Pfizer CEO I am an fanatical

What's your opinion?

Waiting for best description ever to be posted here.

My opinion is that you don't want to be vaccinated against Covid. That's absolutely fine. It is your free choice not too. There is no forced vaccination program, nor will there be. We live in a society with free speech. You can share your views and opinions as you like.

We accept the fact that some people do not wish to be vaccinated against Covid, we choose to be vaccinated. What I find annoying is that some people (and I say some because not all, I have friends who are also not vaccinated) force their opinion on other people against the Covid vaccination and try to change their opinion to be against the vaccination using whatever means necessary. Basically forcing it down their throats. Just as noone wants to force their opinion onto you or make you get vaccinated we would appreciate the same in return. Do not force us, to change our opinion on getting vaccinated against covid but using insults, such as calling us morons, telling us to wake up, posting scare tactics etc.. We would really appreciate that.

I respect your opinion, I respect you do not wish to be vaccinated against Covid. Your body your choice. So please kindly respect my choice to be vaccinated against Covid.

Thank you, and kind regards.