3G in Restaurants?

4,506 posts in this topic

My new summer t-shirt:

If you see me in Munich don't come near me, I am unvaxxed and who knows...

1111[1].jpg

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Maybe it's due to their extremely low rate of vaccination. <_<

We all know that vaccination or indeed prior infection does not protect against infection by the omicron variant, very old news!

More likely it is because mask wearing is no longer mandatory there and it is a popular  holiday destination visited by millions travelling there crammed in a plane like sardines in a tin and also not wearing masks.:angry:

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

More likely it is because mask wearing is no longer mandatory there and it is a popular  holiday destination visited by millions travelling there crammed in a plane like sardines in a tin and also not wearing masks.:angry:

Mask wearing is no longer mandatory here.  Last time I looked,  the airports were very busy with no mandatory masks here. And yet our numbers are going down. 

Last time I was on a plane,  masks were no longer mandatory and the staff,  who fly these planes every day for work and move up and down the aisles, were not wearing masks. They looked perfectly healthy to me. 

Also, if I recall  when masks were mandatory here, there and everywhere weren't the numbers soaring ? 

So I think,  you might be wrong in your thinking old boy.

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Last time I was on a plane,  masks were no longer mandatory and the staff,  who fly these planes every day for work and move up and down the aisles, were not wearing masks. They looked perfectly healthy to me. 

I remember the days when seat belts weren´t introduced yet. Most drivers looked perfectly healthy in those days. Surely, seat belts are unnecessary.

27 minutes ago, jeba said:

I remember the days when seat belts weren´t introduced yet. Most drivers looked perfectly healthy in those days. Surely, seat belts are unnecessary.

Not this lame argument again. Tell you what,  let's do an experiment.  Let's get rid of seatbelts... and you'll see an increase in fatalities in car crashes. In fact since seatbelts were introduced was there not a measured decrease in fatalities wherever they were used ?

We've got rid of masks here... and infections and fatalities continue to decrease. Mask wearing did not make infections and fatalities decrease. 

Look at the UK.  All covid measures relaxed.  No increase in fatalities. 

57 minutes ago, Jonny said:

We've got rid of masks here... and infections and fatalities continue to decrease. Mask wearing did not make infections and fatalities decrease. 

So if that is the case what is your non-ironic (or for you perhaps I should say non-moronic:D) theory as to why there has been an increase in  Portugal?

54 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

So if that is the case what is your non-ironic (or for you perhaps I should say non-moronic:D) theory as to why there has been an increase in  Portugal?

I've no idea.  But to contain it, I wouldn't repeat all the measures that have failed to contain it in the past like mandatory masks and mass vaccinations. 

Maybe a different approach is required. 

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Maybe a different approach is required. 

A shanghai style lockdown perhaps, that seems to have worked?

Or perhaps you are saying nothing should have been done and let the dead pile up on the streets, assuming you don't believe it was all a hoax?

6 hours ago, Jonny said:

Not this lame argument again. Tell you what,  let's do an experiment.  Let's get rid of seatbelts... and you'll see an increase in fatalities in car crashes. In fact since seatbelts were introduced was there not a measured decrease in fatalities wherever they were used ?

How would we know that there would be an increase in fatalities if seatbelts were done away with? Because we'd still count each and every fatality. Are you thinking the same could be said for covid infections?

What have you done today to earn your place in this crowded world?