3G in Restaurants?

3,791 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, yourkeau said:

I have a joke for you:

An old man complains to his family doctor that he can only have sex once a week.

"Wow,", the doctor says. "Given that you are 75 that is impressive."

"But my neighbor is 80 and he says he gets laid two times every day".

"So what's the problem?", answered the doctor. "You should also say that".

That 'joke' is a bit like you : it doesn't make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

That 'joke' is a bit like you : it doesn't make sense. 

It's a joke for Mr. "Vaccines cause HIV" Bear. 

For you, I have another joke:

Three turtles walk one behind the other. 

The first turtle says: "I see nobody in front of me and two turtles behind me."

The second turtle says: "I see one turtle in front of me and one turtle behind me."

The third turtle says: "I see one turtle in front of me and one turtle behind me."

Do you know how it is possible? 

4 hours ago, yourkeau said:

It's a joke for Mr. "Vaccines cause HIV" Bear. 

Stop taking boosters after boosters and go see a doctor.

And try better jokes, for sure this is not stand up material.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bear said:

And try better jokes, for sure this is not stand up material.

What, but everything you post gives me a good laugh, you really are a joker you know nobody believes any of that stuff.:lol:

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

What, but everything you post gives me a good laugh, you really are a joker you know nobody believes any of that stuff.:lol:

Good, at least someone is having a laugh.

ezgif-2-6b6e0f456f[1].gif

mRNA technology allows the development of another vaccine: against Lyme disease.

Saint-Herblain (France) and New York, February 4, 2022  Valneva SE (Nasdaq: VALN; Euronext Paris: VLA), a specialty vaccine company, and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today reported further positive Phase 2 data for their Lyme disease vaccine candidate, VLA15. Based on these new results, Valneva and Pfizer plan to proceed with a three-dose primary series vaccination schedule in a planned Phase 3 clinical trial. The trial will evaluate VLA15 in adults and pediatric subjects 5 years of age and above and is expected to be initiated in 2022, subject to regulatory approval.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/valneva-and-pfizer-report-further-positive-phase-2-data

There is no "natural immunity" against it, reinfections are possible. 

7 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

mRNA technology allows the development of another vaccine: against Lyme disease.

I believe there is already a 3 course vaccine against Lyme disease and I presume it is not an mRNA one, so wonder what the advantage will be?

4 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I believe there is already a 3 course vaccine against Lyme disease and I presume it is not an mRNA one, so wonder what the advantage will be?

AFAIK it was discontinued to lack of demand. The vaccine did not provide long-term protection. 

I had Lyme in Germany and that was no fun. I hike a lot, so will take it. 

15 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

the 3-course vaccine is against tick-borne encephalitis, not Lyme

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

The advantage will be that Pfizer can make even more money... 💰 

“The European Union will no longer require masks to be worn at airports and on planes starting next week, amid the easing of coronavirus restrictions across the bloc, authorities said on Wednesday.

The European Union Aviation Safety Agency said it hoped the joint decision, made with the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, would mark “a big step forward in the normalisation of air travel" for passengers and crews.

The new guideline “takes account of the latest developments in the pandemic, in particular the levels of vaccination and naturally acquired immunity, and the accompanying lifting of restrictions in a growing number of European countries,” the two agencies said in a joint statement.”

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/05/11/face-masks-to-be-scrapped-on-flights-in-europe-this-is-when-the-rule-comes-into-force

About time.  They're useless anyway. I haven't worn one at the airport for the past month or so.  

13 hours ago, john g. said:

Covid is old hat. Welcome to the world of monkeypox ( never heard if it before but don't like the sound of it🙁):

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61506562

It could very well spread around, but it's far from being as easy to catch as the omicron variant 

Person-to-person transmission isn't common, as it requires close contact with bodily fluids, such as saliva from coughing or pus from the lesions. So the risk to the general population is low, the U.K. health agency notes.  

On 5/20/2022, 9:33:09, silty1 said:

Person-to-person transmission isn't common, as it requires close contact with bodily fluids, such as saliva from coughing or pus from the lesions. So the risk to the general population is low, the U.K. health agency notes.  

I wouldn't count on it. It can transmit through eyes and skin contact, as well as through clothes. There are two cases in Israel, both returnees from Western Europe, who got it at some parties. Good that I hate clubs and parties anyway. 

My mother claims I am vaccinated against smallpox, and this vaccine is good for monkeypox, too. 

But there is no documentation of this. I think I will revaccinate anyway when possible.