3G in Restaurants?

4,296 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I don't know if that is a German thing. When I ran seminars for Airbus at a particular hotel at a North Sea hotel many years past, people would come back yearly and we'd hug and " great to see you again " and, guess what , they'd sit in the exactly the same seat in the conference room as the last time.

Think back to school! I sat in the same seat for years. Don't know why... psychologists can explain.

If you are on a plane, it's not about being a creature of habit, it's about following instructions of the powers that be or ignoring them and seeing if you get away with it.

We also kind of had assigned seating at my school where it would mostly stay the same.  Although after a bout of skipping school at some point, I came back to find that the kids had moved my desk.  Not that I really cared :)

6 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Why is it that the anti-vax/mask brigade keep repeating  this manta when they are the ones who have been locked down and socially isolated for last 6 months or so and it has been the vaccinated mask wearers who have been able to get on with a more normal lifestyle.

Yer but he´s vaccinated.

He´s the ultimate look at me hypocrite.Rails against the vaccine and the lack of freedom all the while having had the vaccination and not suffering any of those lack of freedoms.

He keeps going on about people being afraid and scared yet he is afraid of a vaccine that there is no evidence of it being harmful.

6 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Either that or just plain stupidity.:lol:

I know which one it is.

8 hours ago, LeonG said:

If you are on a plane, it's not about being a creature of habit, it's about following instructions of the powers that be or ignoring them and seeing if you get away with it.

I always ask a flight attendant if the plane is finished boarding. When they say "yes", I say "Good. I think I'll take that row over there." It is not against the rules. I've never had a problem.

Won't be an issue tomorrow - flying business class.

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Won't be an issue tomorrow - flying business class.

Have a good trip.

11 hours ago, Jonny said:

I always made sure that I had enough to eat and drink to ensure that I barely had to wear a mask for the majority of the flight. 

Prick.

58 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I always ask a flight attendant if the plane is finished boarding. When they say "yes", I say "Good. I think I'll take that row over there." It is not against the rules. I've never had a problem.

I have been asked to move seats for take off and landing.  For balance.  Not just me!  But allowed anywhere during flight.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

This flight I was on, they already asked people over the speaker system to stay in their assigned seats.  I'm sure that a lot of people moved and got away with it but it seems kind of pointless when they said something on speaker to still ask the flight attendant and expect a different answer. 

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks to the well wishers.

Have fun.  Have you thought of getting some well fitting FFP3 masks with a valve, to wear in transport where masks not required?  If they drop the mask mandate on trains I am going to get some for the 8 hour train journey I am planning in the summer.  Obviously the valve will not protect other people, but if no one else is bothering ...  And the FFP2s without valve were a pain last year in the heat.

I'm find with the masks I have. I won't be sitting close to anybody and, let's face it, they aren't that comfy for a 9 hr. flight. I normally wear glasses when I fly because my contacts get dried out. I arrived one time with pinkeye. I tried my glasses with a mask today and they didn't fog up but it was was painful on my ears with all of that attached. I will wear my contacts and change to glasses if they start feeling dry. 

RCT 321 healthcare workers in Mexico, showing significantly lower SARS-CoV-2 infection with vitamin D prophylaxis. 4,000IU daily for 30 days.

“In conclusion, the findings of our study indicate that Vitamin D protects against SARS-CoV-2 infection in highly exposed individuals, regardless VD status and with relatively few side effects.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0188440922000455

Study is from 2020, before vaccines.

This is just from taking the regular vitamin d (cholecalciferol) you can get in lots of shops.

Just back from a business-cum- good-to-see-you-again meeting with a consultant. We went to a lovely place/restaurant by the lake just a stone's throw from my office.

At the reception: " Maskenpflicht."

I had one with me/" on me ".. no rules at your table.

Stefan didn't.. " Oh, I live in Schleswig Holstein. No longer required there."

The reception guy gave him a free mask.

Stefan is triple vaxxed - as is wife. Just recovered from Covid. Reckons it was from his kids at the Kita.

Yeah, we had some time at Karstadt today... women's clothes department ! I needed nothing! I was just happy after the first 20 minutes to sit whilst " another person close to my heart " , erm , shopped around!😂

" Luckily",  we were both close to feeling extremely dizzy through wearing masks and abandoned the place soon after!!

We avoided the men's department and postponed till this Friday!❤️😂

The situation in China is much worse, what you see posted in the media is only 10% of the truth.

People are forcibly quarantined, without food or medical care, some commit suicide,

and don't forget that there are 95% of the population vaccinated.

And it's all for 0 Covid policy, this quarantine will never end, Europe treats Covid like the flu.

The pets were rounded up by officials and killed, as the owners of those animals were housed

in quarantine centers, you can search for videos about, I don't want to post those images here.

4 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Shame the Chinese did mot react more like this when covid first appeared!

Shame we didn't all react like Sweden.