3G in Restaurants?

4,532 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

I don't know what you're talking about, I had and have a normal life.
I went to work and still going, public transport, I went shopping and still going, I even turned down home-office and I was going to work, as any other vaxxed person.
So what lockdown are you talking about?

Then it seems pity rather than taking the piss is more appropriate for you if you think a normal life is just going to work and shopping. Sad!

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

Reminder, no more 3G in restaurants now.

True the authorities have now decided the danger has past and the unvaxxed are allowed to mingle with us again.;) None the less other restrictions remain, for example I don't think travel to many countries including the USA is allowed without being fully vaccinated but no doubt you will correct me if I am out of date on that.:)

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

More normality in the US of A.

The decision Monday by U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle in Tampa, an appointee of former President Donald Trump

That  is just about all we needed to know. :lol:

9 hours ago, Jonny said:

This wasn´t a victory for anti maskers in the cheerleading way you seem to think it is.

It was thrown out on a technicality about how to implement it.

I´m going to guess you yet again didn´t read something you linked to.

You especially should have read the judges comment...

“Because our system does not permit agencies to act unlawfully even in pursuit of desirable ends, the court declares unlawful and vacates the mask mandate,” she wrote.

It´s funny how you rant against Big Pharma (funnily enough all while stating you´re not anti-vax) but you agree with the big airlines as they´re the ones who brought this lawsuit.

I guess big airlines endangering their passengers (no proof vaccines harm people same as no proof not wearing masks harms people) is ok as long as they endanger people in a way you agree with.

Good, it is about time.  Now Lufthansa cabin crew will have to find something else to harass their passengers about !!

22 minutes ago, garyh911 said:

Good, it is about time.  Now Lufthansa cabin crew will have to find something else to harass their passengers about !!

Akshully, no. Airlines themselves are still authorized to enact their own policy. Additionally, this has nothing to do with international flights as it was limited to US domestic travel because US judges still have no say about what the German government does...in case that's news.

Here.

Specific to German airlines here, but in German. 

So, really, what it means is that when you travel, now you have to check if the airports you are flying from and to require masks and if the airline you are using requires masks. Enjoy the extra work.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Airlines themselves are still authorized to enact their own policy.

I will be having a connecting domestic flight in the U.S. this week. Masks are required. Also in the airport.

ETA - Just got notice from airline that there will be no mask mandate on my 1.5 hr. flight. I've waited for 3.5 yrs. to fly safely. Fuck!

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I will be having a connecting domestic flight in the U.S. this week. Masks are required. Also in the airport.

ETA - Just got notice from airline that there will be no mask mandate on my 1.5 hr. flight. I've waited for 3.5 yrs. to fly safely. Fuck!

A few days ago the president of some Eastern European country  (forgot which one) )was kicked out from a LH plane because he refused to wear a mask.

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Even on the transatlantic flight, a lot of people are still wearing cloth or loose surgical masks, and in any case, everyone removes them the half-dozen times they come around with drinks or food. It was kind of surreal to me, all these precautions, everyone sitting quietly with masks on, then all of a sudden it's happy hour, the masks fly off, and everyone is eating, talking, laughing... then twenty minutes later the masks go back on. When I had to fly, it was before Omicron, and everyone on board had just had a PCR test. Also, the ventilation/filtration on planes is very good. So probably there wasn't that much risk - not as much as at the airport before and after boarding. But things are a little different now.

If you're very immune-compromised, the important thing will be that your own mask fits well. FFP2 has 95% filtration, FFP3 is better than 99%. But if they're loose around the bridge of the nose, that can drop to less than 50%. I've also had a lot of trouble with my glasses fogging up terribly. I've had some success with using "fashion tape" from Amazon, double-sided adhesive tape sold for fixing clothing to the skin. It's very strong though, and removing it (which you have to do at passport control) can be a bit of a pain. I went with one layer of it to stick well to the mask, and another layer of less-sticky tape I had at home, to stick to the skin. Also you can't take it off and on very many times, after three or four times it loses its stickiness.

If you don't mind how it looks, another option could be a reusable elastomer mask, the kind some hospitals use for their staff: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/27/us/coronavirus-masks-elastomeric-respirators.html The synthetic rubber makes an airtight fit, like a diving mask, so you get the full effect of the filters, which are P3/N100 - 99.95%. Most of them sold on Amazon etc. have an exhalation valve, so they don't meet the mandate requirements, but this one is a special version: https://www.amazon.ca/GVS-SPR644-Exhalation-Respirator-Replaceable/dp/B095YBV2T9?th=1 - I don't see it in Germany, but you could get the equivalent standard model, block the exhalation valve with plastic or aluminum foil, and remove the inhalation valves: https://www.amazon.de/Elipse-SPR501-Feinstaubfiltermaske-Mittel-Gro%C3%9F/dp/B013EBHHH0?th=1 It costs less than a big box of disposable masks, and can be used hundreds of times, so it's a lot better for the environment too.

Don't know if that helps... in any case, I hope you have a safe trip!

10 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Have faith in yourself, keep your mask on as much as possible and have a safe flight and holiday👍👍👍

We're flying to Crete at the end of next week and, what with the airport waiting around and 3 hour 20 minute flight, we'll have steamed up glasses for about 6 hours🙁

I'm more worried about the possibility of war expanding, maybe flights cancelled etc. 

(And is our car still safe at the parking lot after 6 months' away?)😂😂

Let us all hope whatever we are all doing and wherever we are- safety for us all as the holiday season gets into swing.

2 hours ago, sumguy said:

If you're very immune-compromised, the important thing will be that your own mask fits well. FFP2 has 95% filtration, FFP3 is better than 99%. But if they're loose around the bridge of the nose, that can drop to less than 50%. I've also had a lot of trouble with my glasses fogging up terribly. I've had some success with using "fashion tape" from Amazon, double-sided adhesive tape sold for fixing clothing to the skin.

I´ve used FFP 3 masks from 3 M. They come with some a soft rubber cusion around the bridge of your nose and sit tight but are comfortable. Available with or without valve. If your glasses got foggy your mask wasn´t fitting well enough.

I flew on Austrian Air today from Yerevan to Vienna and then on to Zurich.  On each flight they said FFP masks were required, but they let people wear the surgical masks anyway.  So much for rules.  50% or more had masks below their noses.  Lotta good that does.  And during transit in Vienna they stuffed us all together like sardines while announcing over the PA that we should socially distance. 🤪  Rules within each airport varied.  It was all kind of a surreal joke.  BTW, I followed the rules correctly, but it seems to me that we're each on our own now.

1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

And during transit in Vienna they stuffed us all together like sardines while announcing over the PA that we should socially distance. 🤪  Rules within each airport varied.  It was all kind of a surreal joke.  BTW, I followed the rules correctly, but it seems to me that we're each on our own now.

I wasn't impressed when flying at xmas that inspite of the plane being half empty, they didn't spread out the passengers on the plane but stuck people together like sardines and then had loads of empty rows.  Then said on the speakers that we should stay in our assigned seats.

21 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I wasn't impressed when flying at xmas that inspite of the plane being half empty, they didn't spread out the passengers on the plane but stuck people together like sardines and then had loads of empty rows.  Then said on the speakers that we should stay in our assigned seats.

I always move to an empty row when available. I've noticed for years that Germans stay in their assigned seats no matter what.

17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I always move to an empty row when available. I've noticed for years that Germans stay in their assigned seats no matter what.

I don't know if that is a German thing. When I ran seminars for Airbus at a particular hotel at a North Sea hotel many years past, people would come back yearly and we'd hug and " great to see you again " and, guess what , they'd sit in the exactly the same seat in the conference room as the last time.

One of the guys was French and I mentioned as a joke. " to your usual seat." And he would play the game and deliberately move somewhere else and smile!

He had humour!

Think back to school! I sat in the same seat for years. Don't know why... psychologists can explain.

( As an aside, I remember going into a pub as a young man and took a seat at the counter. About two minutes later, an older man came out of the toilets.. " that's my seat. I've been sitting  there every day for 40 years." )

I guess " creature of habit " may explain it.

Plus a bit of bullying.

13 hours ago, fraufruit said:

If you are that scared and that immunocompromised then wear a gas mask or something . Or stay at home until you feel safe.  As mentioned earlier,  even in the past when masks were mandatory,  you were always allowed to remove them to eat and drink.  I always made sure that I had enough to eat and drink to ensure that I barely had to wear a mask for the majority of the flight. 

FFS, you're vaccinated to the hilt. Stop living your life in fear and start enjoying your life again. 

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

FFS, you're vaccinated to the hilt. Stop living your life in fear and start enjoying your life again. 

Why is it that the anti-vax/mask brigade keep repeating  this manta when they are the ones who have been locked down and socially isolated for last 6 months or so and it has been the vaccinated mask wearers who have been able to get on with a more normal lifestyle. I guess there is some kind of reverse logic and a wish for the freedoms they have only themselves to blame for being denied. Either that or just plain stupidity.:lol: