3G in Restaurants?

1,853 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, engelchen said:

There are already many laws and regulations requiring employees performing certain tasks to disclose medical information. 

For example, bus and train drivers have to pass medical exams at regular intervals and would not be allowed to continue driving if they had epilepsy (the employer then would need to provide an alternate position). 

I have no problem volunteering proof that I've been vaccinated, but AFAIK it is not possible for employers to even save this info under the current laws. German privacy laws are in certain circumstances ridiculous. 

Sure, and there is the mandatory vaccination for certain lines of business (not sure if already enforced thou).  That's all reasonable, but something different is a blanket law forcing everyone to to something.

Just today there was an emergency meeting from our BR because according to them the procedures the company want to do won't fly.  But the alternative would be doing nothing.  And the government expect you to do something.   Bloody headache.

It is very different what actually makes sense and what laws say.  I as well have no problem providing myself my vaccination status, I actually did it already.  But the situation is very complicated, there are the people who do what they think it is correct and there are the people who only want to do what the law forces them to do.   For example, we had some rights fighters (read contrarians) who refused to wear masks last year because there was no law forcing them do it.   Even if the common sense said it was a good idea to wear them.

I personally disagree with forced vaccines, mandatory revealing medical data to employers and passing medical costs to antivaxers if they get infected (like in Singapore), but at the same time I understand that at the end those measures might be required because there are way too many people without common sense.

57 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Well there a precedent with Typhoid Mary

Was a bit amused when I arrived to work as a kibbutz volunteer, in mid 80s  Was doing food prep, lots of of salad handling, mixing buckets of tahini sauce for breakfasts  They tested me for HIV but not Hep A.  Had arrived from India, after 6 month trip there. Priorities. 

On 21/11/2021, 11:19:02, mtbiking said:

Update:The children‘s PCR results are in: both positive. They show no symptoms.

My headache is gone and I wouldn’t describe myself as sick now. Maybe a bit under the weather.  My wife is doing OK, but yesterday she lost her sense of smell and taste. That sucks.

Update: I don’t feel any symptoms to speak of anymore. Today I cycled for half an hour in my hobby room (I got myself a fancy cycling setup with virtual tours, etc for my home gym early last year just in case). I didn’t do more because I’m more afraid of my wife than of Corona - she threatened something along the line if you get sick I’ll throw you out 😬

The children remain completely asymptomatic. My wife feels a bit under the weather but the biggest upset is really the loss of taste and smell. Otherwise she’s OK. We‘re having some good family moments and not so much stress.

6 hours ago, Jonny said:

Also because they've realized that being vaccinated does not stop you getting it or passing it on.

Wearing a seat belt doesn´t stop you dying in a car accident,it reduces the risk though.

7 hours ago, Krieg said:

This is another can of worms, because of privacy employees are not required to inform they vaccination status to their employers,

What happens at work from tomorrow is that no employee has to say if they´re vaccinated.

However if you want to be allowed into work you have to either have a valid test from a registered test centre which is only good for 24 hours or you can show proof of vaccination.

So technically no one is being asked their vaccine status.

Re privacy: My Arbeitgeber is saying is that the G-Status of everyone needs to be checked and recorded, but the records are confidential and can't be used for any other purposes and must be destroyed after 6 months. This is according to this law if anyone fancies a read (I haven't).

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ifsg/__28b.html

9 hours ago, Keleth said:

What happens at work from tomorrow is that no employee has to say if they´re vaccinated.

However if you want to be allowed into work you have to either have a valid test from a registered test centre which is only good for 24 hours or you can show proof of vaccination.

Small correction, the employer might offer tests at the workplace, but then there has to be a witness when you take the test.

9 hours ago, Keleth said:

So technically no one is being asked their vaccine status.

Again, that would be the law, in practice is different.  Plenty of bosses do not follow the law because either they do not know it or because they find it too cumbersome and they want an easy way.   Or sometimes because the law is actually stupidly difficult to understand.

The job of the BR is to make the employer follow the law.  So in the Corona-times sometimes it looks like the BR is on the Querdenker side.

1 hour ago, Dembo said:

Re privacy: My Arbeitgeber is saying is that the G-Status of everyone needs to be checked and recorded, but the records are confidential and can't be used for any other purposes and must be destroyed after 6 months. This is according to this law if anyone fancies a read (I haven't).

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ifsg/__28b.html

I am not so sure about it.  I think what they HAVE to document is the day to day checks, not the vaccination status.  We had this same discussion yesterday.  

31 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I am not so sure about it.  I think what they HAVE to document is the day to day checks, not the vaccination status.  We had this same discussion yesterday.  

Yes that's a good point, and you're probably right. It's not clear from what I was told what is recorded.

I don't have a need to go in anyway. It very much feels like back to Lockdown-Modus. 

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

Small correction, the employer might offer tests at the workplace, but then there has to be a witness when you take the test.

Yep however I was talking about my work and no tests will be offered at the workplace.

I work in a company where they asked the employees to fill out a form stating that they are either vaccinated, or don't wish to say if they are vaccinated or not.  This may seem obvious to most people, but I have a student who refuses to tell her employer that she is actually vaccinated.  In her opinion, it's none of their business as it's to do with her health.  She has told me, but I'm an extern and she knows I won't tell anyone.

So, in this company, anyone on that list must do a test and have someone witness it, if they come to the office.  It seems to work and I don't hear anyone complaining, yet.

18 hours ago, murphaph said:

I wouldn't believe much that man says. In any case, the UK vaccinated it's most vulnerable with Biontech, not AZ, because Biontech was approved first and the UK vaccinated the most vulnerable first. dded to this in places like Germany AZ was in fact preferred for older people, once the data was in. It was in younger people that it was not recommended due to the blood clotting incidents. Soriot's story doesn't add up but he's been fairly economical with the truth several times in the past.

The UK simply let a lot more older people die of Covid and so they are now not there to die now. That's all that happened.

Simply not true.  They're about the same - actual numbers are lower for over 60 deaths in the UK.  

The UK mishandling was bailed out by the excellent vaccine rollout - which was much better organised than the hesitant approach in Germany who completely dropped the ball by playing vaccine politics - and exactly the same is happening again as we approach winter and Germany is still trying to organise who should get a booster rather than how to get a booster.  Over 70's boosters have been going on for months in the UK with the clear knowledge that winter comes every year, they're already inviting over 50's!

47 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Germany is still trying to organise who should get a booster rather than how to get a booster. 

Yep!  Haven’t we seen this fim before?  🤦‍♀️  On Saturday we had 600 people in line for 3+ hours in the cold, including 80+ year olds, waiting for vaccinations, 145 first-timers.  Paper said organization is the problem, not supply.   

1 hour ago, Tap said:

I work in a company where they asked the employees to fill out a form stating that they are either vaccinated, or don't wish to say if they are vaccinated or not.  This may seem obvious to most people, but I have a student who refuses to tell her employer that she is actually vaccinated.  In her opinion, it's none of their business as it's to do with her health.  She has told me, but I'm an extern and she knows I won't tell anyone.

Actually medical status is not a private matter. The Datenschutz part comes on how you handle that information.

Example: HR and salary processing know a person's religion.

It is her right to keep it private, but it is also the company's employee's right to know who the assholes are, so they stay away from here or even don't allow her in.

15 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

HR and salary processing know a person's religion.

Wait a minute. Who would tell their employer about their religion or lack of? Is that mandatory?

11 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Actually medical status is not a private matter. The Datenschutz part comes on how you handle that information.

It is her right to keep it private, but it is also the company's employee's right to know who the assholes are, so they stay away from here or even don't allow her in.

There are 3 people in her company not vaccinated, and everyone knows who they are (it's a small company).  All 3 were there yesterday, but I've chosen to go back online with English training, which the management are happy with.

To be honest, I teach in different companies around the area and I know at least 2/3 people in each company who are not vaccinated and are not willing to be vaccinated, but they're still present in the companies.  It was a discussion early on, but today, I have to avoid the subject as it was getting nowhere and was making the dynamics of the group more than a bit uncomfortable.  There is no way to persuade these people, I know them, I like them, but I don't understand their logic.

54 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Yep!  Haven’t we seen this fim before?  🤦‍♀️  On Saturday we had 600 people in line for 3+ hours in the cold, including 80+ year olds, waiting for vaccinations, 145 first-timers.  Paper said organization is the problem, not supply.   

I would say things look much better now, at least here in Munich, not only are the GPs able to do it now but they have reopened the big vaccination centre out at Rheim , there is a vaccine bus going round the city and several fixed locations where you can be vaccinated. No doubt the reduction from 6 to 5 months for the booster has created a spike in demand and in my case my hausarzt  has a waiting list and could not offer me an appointment within the 5 month window, however I was able to find a local alternative for next week which will be a couple of days less than the 5 months, so very happy.

22 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I am not sure if you really know about this of you were just lucky with the words you chose.  Because from previous posts you made in the past it is to me clear that you know little about working law.

But yes, you are correct in your first sentence, medical data is technically not a private matter.  But normally you are not legally required to provide medical data to your employer.

The Infektionsschutzgesetz hat created exceptions to this, but until now it is only for certain lines of business, which include mostly taking care of vulnerable groups and it is clearly defined here:

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus/faq-arbeitnehmerselbstaendige/faq-impfstatusabfrage.html

Notice as well that it clearly states that while the employees in those areas should disclose their vaccination status, the data itself do not lose its protected status.   But it says as well that the protected status can be lost if is in the interest of public health, according to the normal privacy laws.

And finally it says as well that everyone can face reduced salary if quarantined and not vaccinated or can't work due to corona-logistics.  Like Kimmich and other Bayern football players.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Wait a minute. Who would tell their employer about their religion or lack of? Is that mandatory?

Church taxes.  It is included in the tax card and obviously the payroll department must know about it because they have to make the payments to them.

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

For Kirchensteuer purposes, yes.

Well, at various times, for various tasks to do with my job I have to take medicals. So I have to go to our Betriebsarzt who will conduct a number of different tests, depending on the type of medical. They then send that medical certificate to my employer. So there is precedent for employers demanding certain medical requirements in order to do your job.