3G in Restaurants?

4,483 posts in this topic

Lockdowns? Didn't work.

Mask wearing? Didn't work.

2/3 G? Didn't work.

And now we can all live without these measures until the autumn. Why when infections are on a downward trend but 1000s more than this time last year?  Because it is all about control. 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AlexTr said:

I do hate being the bearer of bad news, @scook17 and @Nunya_Beeswax, but the realities of the world are that YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are not public service providers. The public has other options as these companies are actually competing with each other and we're over here talking on yet a different provider. They are private companies. It literally does not matter what any one user thinks about the company or what the company should do. Twitter and YouTube are allowing the market to decide, and the market has said that they have had enough of the bullshit. This is how we got the new-ish concept of deplatforming. It doesn't matter if they are the best or that is where the crazies really want to post their nonsense bullshit. When you own the site, you set the TOS. Just like here on TT. Your problem seems to be that you want some particular group's opinion have more value in the market than it does. Further, as Scook17 said, everyone generally agrees that some bullshit should not be said. Well, that's what happened. If one is part of the group that wants to say that bullshit, that's tough.

 

Again, that's the shot - now here's the chaser: Any entity or person banned from these companies' platforms can just go off an open their own thing. No one is stopping them and the barriers to entry are low. Chan to your heart's content. FARK it.

 

It's obvious what the state of play is today, that these are private entities doing what they think is right. That allowing this to continue in this way is by no means certainly the best outcome. A pure market driven outcome will derive the best outcome for the controlling entity, not the participants. It may provide a good outcome, it may not and depends largely on the balance of power and the presence/absence of legislation to balance out potential to abuse that power.

 

Facebook and all the other US Tech companies for that matter, say 'you agreed to let us sell your data'. There is no an option to use FB without agreeing to 'terms' that they set, and change as they see fit. Thus being the party which holds all the power, you are reduced to the choice is use Youtube, or not. It's not like you even get the choice to use the service and pay. The proliferation of alternative youtubes, each supported by a same-think bubble is not helpful either, as this simply re-enforces, rather than challenges viewpoints.

 

McDonalds many years ago before they introduced minimum wage legislation in the UK, used to abuse its power. In depressed areas there is no industry and most jobs are low paid service jobs. In the pure market model, you decrease wages until no one turns up to fill the staff roles. If supply and demand are approximately balanced, this mostly works. Where there is a lot supply, it's a race to the bottom. They had people 'working' for one pound per hour. A clear example of exploitation and somewhere, where the government needed to intervene to bring a balance. McDonalds maybe charged another 10p for the happy meal, but the regulation prevented a poor social outcome, and I think most people would not like to see a mega corp exploiting someone with little or no choice.

 

I am saddened to read, cases in India and Pakistan where someone was lynched by a mob because of something they said/did something against a prophet. I found it sad as I grew up, that elements of UK society would spend time beating up gay men. That the scientist Alan Turing was forced to take drugs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing) because the common masses considered homosexuality an illness. That there was a time they burnt 35,000 to 50,000 'witches' at the stake all across Europe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt). An I am sure no one would see a return of the KKK (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan) where some loud element of the population enforces their will upon others. Such examples are the end results of polarisation of viewpoints, through silencing opposing views, rather than of open discussion.

 

So I do believe, once a service becomes common enough, consideration needs to be given to how such a service should be regulated, and that simply leaving things to market forces does not result in an outcome that is always beneficial to society. As we do no allow mob rule to simply hang the 'guilty' party, but have a court system to decide on guilt and punishment, society should decide how it wants such services to be regulated ahead of the mob appearing. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, paulyg said:

Lockdowns? Didn't work.

Mask wearing? Didn't work.

2/3 G? Didn't work.

And now we can all live without these measures until the autumn. Why when infections are on a downward trend but 1000s more than this time last year?  Because it is all about control. 

 

 

Shanghai Lockdown:

https://youtu.be/5LouYOdroKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SRuKZ5P1io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10BDCCnWIjo

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, scook17 said:

 

It's obvious what the state of play is today, that these are private entities doing what they think is right. That allowing this to continue in this way is by no means certainly the best outcome. A pure market driven outcome will derive the best outcome for the controlling entity, not the participants. It may provide a good outcome, it may not and depends largely on the balance of power and the presence/absence of legislation to balance out potential to abuse that power.

 

Facebook and all the other US Tech companies for that matter, say 'you agreed to let us sell your data'. There is no an option to use FB without agreeing to 'terms' that they set, and change as they see fit. Thus being the party which holds all the power, you are reduced to the choice is use Youtube, or not. It's not like you even get the choice to use the service and pay. The proliferation of alternative youtubes, each supported by a same-think bubble is not helpful either, as this simply re-enforces, rather than challenges viewpoints.

 

McDonalds many years ago before they introduced minimum wage legislation in the UK, used to abuse its power. In depressed areas there is no industry and most jobs are low paid service jobs. In the pure market model, you decrease wages until no one turns up to fill the staff roles. If supply and demand are approximately balanced, this mostly works. Where there is a lot supply, it's a race to the bottom. They had people 'working' for one pound per hour. A clear example of exploitation and somewhere, where the government needed to intervene to bring a balance. McDonalds maybe charged another 10p for the happy meal, but the regulation prevented a poor social outcome, and I think most people would not like to see a mega corp exploiting someone with little or no choice.

 

I am saddened to read, cases in India and Pakistan where someone was lynched by a mob because of something they said/did something against a prophet. I found it sad as I grew up, that elements of UK society would spend time beating up gay men. That the scientist Alan Turing was forced to take drugs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing) because the common masses considered homosexuality an illness. That there was a time they burnt 35,000 to 50,000 'witches' at the stake all across Europe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt). An I am sure no one would see a return of the KKK (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan) where some loud element of the population enforces their will upon others. Such examples are the end results of polarisation of viewpoints, through silencing opposing views, rather than of open discussion.

 

So I do believe, once a service becomes common enough, consideration needs to be given to how such a service should be regulated, and that simply leaving things to market forces does not result in an outcome that is always beneficial to society. As we do no allow mob rule to simply hang the 'guilty' party, but have a court system to decide on guilt and punishment, society should decide how it wants such services to be regulated ahead of the mob appearing. 

 

Let me know when ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, CNN, FOX, Sky, and all the others are required to allow any monkey on their air at any time to express any opinion. Once assessed like this by taking it to its logical conclusion, your take is ridiculous. What newspaper is told that it must publish all letters to the editor? Where in the free world does that happen? Wait. You mean it doesn't? Why is that? Oh yeah, because they have editorial control. Think things through.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, scook17 said:

McDonalds many years ago before they introduced minimum wage legislation in the UK, used to abuse its power. In depressed areas there is no industry and most jobs are low paid service jobs. In the pure market model, you decrease wages until no one turns up to fill the staff roles. If supply and demand are approximately balanced, this mostly works. Where there is a lot supply, it's a race to the bottom. They had people 'working' for one pound per hour. A clear example of exploitation and somewhere, where the government needed to intervene to bring a balance. McDonalds maybe charged another 10p for the happy meal, but the regulation prevented a poor social outcome, and I think most people would not like to see a mega corp exploiting someone with little or no choice.

 

 

This is where your whole argument falls down. People worked for McDs because they had no choice, they needed to earn money to pay bills, feed their families and so on.

No one has to watch youtube or go on Twitter or Facebook.

I watch youtube and use Twitter but I haven´t been on Facebook for years.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost every hospital in Australia is struggling to cope with the number of patients that are presenting to emergency.

Lots of ‘unexplained heart attacks, chest pains, respiratory issues.’

You can either blame the vaccine or government mismanagement — either way, they fk’d up.

 

https://t.me/covid19vaccinevictims/4591

 

The prison colony called Australia is actually overwhelmed with heart issues  and not COVID.

I wonder what is causing that.

https://t.me/covid19vaccinevictims/4596

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulyg said:

Lockdowns? Didn't work.

Mask wearing? Didn't work.

2/3 G? Didn't work.

 

Substitute "Didn't work" with "I didn't like them" and then the rationale for the fallacy in everything else you post becomes obvious!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

 

That was yesterday, thank you for caring.

 

Today is this.

 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Was kümmert mich, was ich gestern gesagt habe!"

("I don't give a damn what I said yesterday!")

 

kind sad. I expected better.

 

*leaves thread*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

 

Fully agree, bro. Today I had a lunch and it didn't work: after 5 hours I am hungry again. The government and the food industry wants me to buy food every day. Unbelievable profits they make from this food conspiracy.

 

I stopped eating. 3 days for now, I am still fine.

 

Do not fund Big Foodma.

 

 

Fully agreed with you.

Everytime I work I get some money at the end of the month and then, poof, are gone.

Please stop going to work, stop funding the society and your company going richer than yesterday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fraufruit said:
On 13/04/2022, 23:01:33, Mr.Bear said:

And I am out.

 

Have a great life everyone.

 

It's like dog shit on the sole of your shoe...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

 

It's like dog shit on the sole of your shoe...

 

 

Or like a stupid person, getting a vaxx again and again, and that doesn't protect him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now