3G in Restaurants?

4,741 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Nunya_Beeswax said:

Yeah. I watch Russell Brand.

It's amazing how many youtubers have been censored. Even Dr. Dhand recently quit due to all the censorship. I don't understand the need for censorship. Surely, you resolve misinformation by creating debunking videos. Unless of course... debunking is not possible. That would explain censorship.

Let's make sure we're all talking about the same thing. A private company exercised its private rights of free speech and freedom of association to decide not to support viewpoints it does not think are appropriate for its privately held venue. No one has stopped any of these folks from opening their own webpage and posting their own videos on their own venue.

One's freedom of speech does not come at the expense of another's freedom of association or freedom of speech.

17 minutes ago, Nunya_Beeswax said:

Yeah. I watch Russell Brand.

It's amazing how many youtubers have been censored. Even Dr. Dhand recently quit due to all the censorship. I don't understand the need for censorship. Surely, you resolve misinformation by creating debunking videos. Unless of course... debunking is not possible. That would explain censorship.

The trouble is that despite every evidence that is placed before them stupid people continue to believe in these panderers of conspiracy theories because that is what they want to believe and their misplaced faith has no bounds!

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

The trouble is that despite every evidence that is placed before them stupid people continue to believe in these panderers of conspiracy theories because that is what they want to believe and their misplaced faith has no bounds!

Keeping it classy I see.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Let's make sure we're all talking about the same thing. A private company exercised its private rights of free speech and freedom of association to decide not to support viewpoints it does not think are appropriate for its privately held venue. No one has stopped any of these folks from opening their own webpage and posting their own videos on their own venue.

One's freedom of speech does not come at the expense of another's freedom of association or freedom of speech.

I never said it was illegal. I just said that labelling something as misinfo, not providing evidence to the contrary and stifling open discussion is censorship. Good thing we can trust them to use their powers for good and not for evil eh? 

4 hours ago, AlexTr said:

One of the main issues with the various social media companies, is that they very much move from being a private company to a service which the public come to use/rely on. So actually it should not fall to the whim of a CEO to decide to like/dislike certain content, or for that matter the whim few who shout the loudest. Society is profoundly impacted by this information medium.

But it's not just a new issue. The papers are owned by certain interests. They should carry a safety warning. Owned by Rupert Murdock. Articles within may biased towards a  Business or Political Agenda. Almost certainly he shaped the UK election through this ownership of media. Ditto for TV. Streaming is just another form of TV. We lack regulations which identifies who produces/owns/controls such content. Labelling of content by Youtube like this I think is key to allowing people to at least think what biases are being shown. I'd expect the same labelling for all such channels, so Germany included.

https://assets-c3.propublica.org/images/articles/_threeTwo800w/20191122-Labeled-Video.jpg

There are a few subjects which most of the population agree should not appear. But others which stimulate debate and are, and will remain, decisive. Politics to name just one. Banning the other side from saying anything, no matter how stupid someone might think that point is, doesn't help resolve the question. Imposing ONE viewpoint is what censorship of debate is about. People will find out what is being hidden from them, and then assign more weight to it, rather than if it had been discussed openly and debunked.

I agree completely. Very few people are aware of how much News stations rely on big pharma, or Bill gates or Govts to finance their operations. This information must be provided upfront. 

14 minutes ago, Nunya_Beeswax said:

I agree completely. Very few people are aware of how much News stations rely on big pharma, or Bill gates or Govts to finance their operations. This information must be provided upfront. 

Care to give examples?

56 minutes ago, Nunya_Beeswax said:

That I don't know. However, actually from a critical, left-leaning view ( eg supported by Bernie Sanders ), big pharma and their lobbyists have ( rightly judged, in my opinion ) too much influence and care only about the bottom line in the US. Nothing to do with conspiracy theories re Bill Gates and Covid- just to point out. But the success of rampant capitalism at the expense of health inequality amongst the American population.

Here is an opinion piece:

https://inequality.org/great-divide/big-pharma-drug-pricing/

I do hate being the bearer of bad news, @scook17 and @Nunya_Beeswax, but the realities of the world are that YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are not public service providers. The public has other options as these companies are actually competing with each other and we're over here talking on yet a different provider. They are private companies. It literally does not matter what any one user thinks about the company or what the company should do. Twitter and YouTube are allowing the market to decide, and the market has said that they have had enough of the bullshit. This is how we got the new-ish concept of deplatforming. It doesn't matter if they are the best or that is where the crazies really want to post their nonsense bullshit. When you own the site, you set the TOS. Just like here on TT. Your problem seems to be that you want some particular group's opinion have more value in the market than it does. Further, as Scook17 said, everyone generally agrees that some bullshit should not be said. Well, that's what happened. If one is part of the group that wants to say that bullshit, that's tough.

Again, that's the shot - now here's the chaser: Any entity or person banned from these companies' platforms can just go off an open their own thing. No one is stopping them and the barriers to entry are low. Chan to your heart's content. FARK it.

On 4/11/2022, 4:57:58, jeba said:

Could you please provide a summary including the proof of casual relationship of adverse events and vaccination as well as a comparison of its risk with that of infection?

I cannot, but she can - https://t.me/covid_vaccine_injuries/18997

Feel free to watch the video.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

I do hate being the bearer of bad news, @scook17 and @Nunya_Beeswax, but the realities of the world are that YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are not public service providers. The public has other options as these companies are actually competing with each other and we're over here talking on yet a different provider. They are private companies. It literally does not matter what any one user thinks about the company or what the company should do. Twitter and YouTube are allowing the market to decide, and the market has said that they have had enough of the bullshit. This is how we got the new-ish concept of deplatforming. It doesn't matter if they are the best or that is where the crazies really want to post their nonsense bullshit. When you own the site, you set the TOS. Just like here on TT. Your problem seems to be that you want some particular group's opinion have more value in the market than it does. Further, as Scook17 said, everyone generally agrees that some bullshit should not be said. Well, that's what happened. If one is part of the group that wants to say that bullshit, that's tough.

Again, that's the shot - now here's the chaser: Any entity or person banned from these companies' platforms can just go off an open their own thing. No one is stopping them and the barriers to entry are low. Chan to your heart's content. FARK it.

TOS! Terms of service! Got that one without googling!😂

The crackpots believe that Google & Co. shut down the channels due to direct or indirect pressure of "deep state", "mafia" or "the government". If that was true, that would be censorship.

But this is false. I don't think there is any chance to convince them, these crackpots believe that Trump won, so there are no arguments to bring to them.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bear said:

And I am out.

Have a great life everyone.

Hope you are not planning on welshing on that bet we have?

Don't worry if you think the world is going to end or all the vaccinated are going to die at the end of the  week, when it doesn't happen it not that it won't happen it's just that you got the date wrong.:lol:

14 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The crackpots believe that Google & Co. shut down the channels due to direct or indirect pressure of "deep state", "mafia" or "the government". If that was true, that would be censorship.

But this is false. I don't think there is any chance to convince them, these crackpots believe that Trump won, so there are no arguments to bring to them.

In Canada, journalists who publish things that the government does not like can have their license revoked. Trust me, that is just a trial run and other western Governments (Their silence on this topic is deafening!) are just waiting to see if it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-085_AfyZrI&ab_channel=FoxNews

Documents show Bill gates has given 319 million to media outlets to promote his global agenda: https://thegrayzone.com/2021/11/21/bill-gates-million-media-outlets-global-agenda/

I don't have the stats for Pharma, but as I recall, most American media outlets rely on the revenue from Pharma adds.

Early last year, Facebook took down a support group for people suffering vaccine injuries...https://reclaimthenet.org/facebook-removes-covid-19-vaccine-victims-group/

These are all forms of censorship. Attempts to control the narrative. 

“It didn’t start with gas chambers. It started with one party controlling the Media, controlling the message, deciding what truth was, censoring speech and silencing the opposition. It started with one party dividing citizens into “us” and “them” and then calling on their supporters to harass “them.” It started when good people turned a blind eye and let it happen.”…Anonymous

Seriously,  with the global Murdoch empire somebody has the absolute fucking gall to claim one party control of the media because every-fucking-thing is not hard right, batshit crazy, conspiracy-promoting nonsense?

GTFOHWTN!

14 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

And I am out.

Have a great life everyone.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out... :D